• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

I'm torn on the Lakers' situation right now. On the one hand, I want them to get the 8th seed so we can embarrass them in the playoffs, and on the other I think it'd be fucking hilarious for them to miss the playoffs, especially with all the #countOnKobe bullshit and their stacked ass roster.

But who do I want to replace them? Facing the Jazz is boring because we did it last season ... Spurs + Jazz-age get along so well that none of us will really shit talk either. But, at the same time, its a lot easier for me to root for them to make the playoffs alongside Jeff / dieHard / IWMTB than for the Lakers/Mavs. Besides, they've got some cool young talent.

The Mavs are the other option, but I'm not sure if beating them will yield much satisfaction this year; they're really bad. Its kinda the middle ground between the Lakers and the Jazz: beating them is not quite as sweet as the Lakers, but I won't take any special joy out of them missing/making the playoffs.

Its so hard to choose

Mahonay

Banned
I'm kinda torn on the Lakers' situation right now. On the one hand, I want them to get the 8th seed so we can embarrass them in the playoffs, and on the other I think it'd be fucking hilarious for them to miss the playoffs, especially with all the #countOnKobe bullshit and their stacked ass roster.

But who do I want to replace them? Facing the Jazz is boring because we did it last season ... Spurs + Jazz-age get along so well that none of us will really shit talk either. But, at the same time, its a lot easier for me to root for them to make the playoffs alongside Jeff / dieHard / IWMTB than for the Lakers/Mavs. Besides, they've got some cool young talent.

The Mavs are the other option, but I'm not sure if beating them will yield much satisfaction this year; they're really bad. Its kinda the middle ground between the Lakers and the Jazz: beating them is not quite as sweet as the Lakers, but I won't take any special joy out of them missing/making the playoffs.

Its so hard to choose
Come on now, we all want to watch the Lakers in the 8th spot get fed directly into the playoff wood chipper that is the Spurs. Anything else is not nearly as good.

Getting a chubby thinking about Timmy D dunking on Dwight repeatedly when the Lakers D fails to fill in his weak side every other play.

Getting a chubby thinking about Timmy D dunking on Dwight repeatedly when the Lakers D fails to fill in his weak side every other play.

A 37 year old Tim Duncan beasting on this generation's "best" big would be pretty damn sweet, I admit. I loved it last year with Blake, and it'd be even better with Dwight.

hrm

I don't understand the D'Antoni scapegoating. If dude was coaching the Grizz or the Clippers or even the Hawks, do you think they'd be in danger of missing the playoffs?

Three of the Lakers starters have very high basketball iq, at some point talent and wisdom should overcome blatant coaching deficiencies. That is, if you actually have talent. The Lakers have been a lottery team (record wise) with their original starting 5, and above average during various injury periods. Surely someone has to have the splits on this.

Branduil

The Lakers have terrible chemistry. Some of that is due to several coaching changes, some due to injuries, and the rest due to clashing personalities.

I don't understand the D'Antoni scapegoating. If dude was coaching the Grizz or the Clippers or even the Hawks, do you think they'd be in danger of missing the playoffs?

Three of the Lakers starters have very high basketball iq, at some point talent and wisdom should overcome blatant coaching deficiencies. That is, if you actually have talent. The Lakers have been a lottery team (record wise) with their original starting 5, and above average during various injury periods. Surely someone has to have the splits on this.

IIRC, they're 0-8 with Nash-Kobe-MWP-Pau-Dwight starting.

So you figure they keep Millsap and dump Jefferson? If so, do they start Kanter and/or move Millsap or Favors to center? With the way Jefferson's been playing lately, I can't imagine that they'd want to keep him.

Favors is a pure center so Millsap and Favors would start together if they keep Millsap.

Or they might just run with Kanter and Favors together and not keep Millsap or Al but I'm not sure if that lineup will be quick enough against a lot of teams since both guys are centers.

giri

There is no chance in hell this will happen.

So thats a yes.

So you figure they keep Millsap and dump Jefferson? If so, do they start Kanter and/or move Millsap or Favors to center? With the way Jefferson's been playing lately, I can't imagine that they'd want to keep him.

Milsap can't play the 5.

Favors is a pure center so Millsap and Favors would start together if they keep Millsap.

Really? i always had him pegged as a 4.

balddemon

Banned
adam, h3ro, nba-age doctors:

I just took a stitch out of my leg with a pair of tweezers, a pocket knife, and a flashlight. am I going to die?

Mahonay

Banned
He scurred of the King
7nqyV4a.gif

Can't wait for Rose to come back, primarily so the Heat can have some kind of real competition in the East. Depending on what the Bulls team looks like next year.

PBY

Banned
7nqyV4a.gif

Can't wait for Rose to come back, primarily so the Heat can have some kind of real competition in the East. Depending on what the Bulls team looks like next year.

I don't get this... A more stacked, MVP Rose led Bulls team lost to a way less deep Heat team 4-1.

linsivvi

What was the Knicks record last season and what's their record since firing Pringles?

The teams you mentioned have mostly the same rosters as previous seasons. They could ignore their coach and stick to their old systems. The Lakers have 7 returning players, including D-Leaguers Ebank and Morris. Jordan Hill also played only a handful of games last season.

He's one of the worst coaches in the league and that's a fact. Coaches are also the easiest part of a team to fix since there are plenty of capable coaches looking for a job.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't get this... A more stacked, MVP Rose led Bulls team lost to a way less deep Heat team 4-1.
It's been long enough since Rose has been out, and other players like Noah have developed quite a bit, the outcome could be less lopsided now. And like I said, I think the Bulls need to look a little different next year to really become a threat. So we'll see.

I still think the Heat would take them. I'm just saying it would at least be competitive.

It's been long enough since Rose has been out, and other players like Noah have developed quite a bit, the outcome could be less lopsided now. And like I said, I think the Bulls need to look a little different next year to really become a threat. So we'll see.

I still think the Heat would take them. I'm just saying it would at least be competitive.
they're gonna need new ownership.

hopefully that never happens.

PBY

Banned

Noah may have developed- but so has Lebron, and now the Heat have Batts and Allen while the Bulls are down Asik.

giri

I suppose you're right. Who am I kidding. The Heat will continue to cancel out all other teams in the East for the foreseeable future.

Thats not necessarily true.

But the bulls ownership have made it known that they don't intend to spend to upgrade.

And they really need to.

The Jazz should have traded away both Millsap and Jefferson, drafted a PG, and developed Favors and Kanter. Especially since the playoffs look unlikely.

And yes, the Lakers have awful chemistry issues. To this day, I still have no idea why they went out and got Nash. Nash really has to be kicking himself for signing there. It's funny how Gasol and Nash have turned into spot up shooters when Kobe gets in trouble. I don't want to hear Lakers fans bitch about Pringles because it was very likely Kobe's idea to bring him aboard given their history.

Dwight Howard making veiled threats toward David Lee in the media strikes me as completely immature and the league should fine his stupid ass.

No Tyson Chandler tonight and tomorrow in Memphis. :(
Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN about 39 minutes ago
Ho-hum, another 2 goals from Mario Balotelli in Italy's World Cup qualifier. Remind me again, where did that crap Brit newspaper rank him?

And we know how this works; when Super Mario goes off, NY's Balotelli - J.R. Smith - follows suit. Boston, you have been warned.
Boston gonna get that work. *wink*

Top Bottom