• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

giri

ReggieNotMyProblem.gif I just find the concept hiliarous. And its not like the Lakers front office did themselves any favors by trying to get at least one young person that could play the SF spot anyway. Sure, Artest is hurt, but who else did they have to back him up? Jamison?

Kobe has regularly played SF when artest goes to the bench or the lakers go small for like 5 years.

Not saying it's a great idea, but they've been using that for years.

Why is Marc playing? I would rather have the 5 seed and him be healthy than 3 and him not be 100% for the playoffs.

Cause Hollins is Thibs bad at player management.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Why is Marc playing? I would rather have the 5 seed and him be healthy than 3 and him not be 100% for the playoffs.
I agree. And Randolph still hasn't fully recovered from that ankle sprain he got at Miami. I'm worried.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
wut.

Roses injury is meant to take at least 12 months to recover from properly.

and he has nothing to gain by returning early.

He's doing right by him, by making sure he comes back 100% properly. You don't come back from this shit properly... well... see Amare's back.

Everyone knew there was a really high chance he wouldn't play this season. So this sort of shit above is just posturing of the moment lead by inane media coverage with nothing better to talk about.

If he's not playing in pre-season, then you can start busting his balls.

12 months is not what that injury demands anymore.

And Amare had a degenerative injury on top of some other shit.

lol the Bulls will still be in it, folks. Taj Gibson is probably going to enjoy a career night tonight

eventually this "switch" that they have is not going to work one of these games. i'd say this is the game

giri

12 months is not what that injury demands anymore.

And Amare had a degenerative injury on top of some other shit.

12 months is the base line for what that injury requires.

Just because others come back early (and it has shown, and has always been criticised when they re-injure) doesn't mean Rose should.

DY_nasty

12 months is the base line for what that injury requires.

Just because others come back early (and it has shown, and has always been criticised when they re-injure) doesn't mean Rose should.

A few years ago, sure.

He was cleared months ago dude.

lol the Bulls will still be in it, folks. Taj Gibson is probably going to enjoy a career night tonight

eventually this "switch" that they have is not going to work one of these games. i'd say this is the game

Bulls are worse in their house than on the road for some strange reason.

giri

A few years ago, sure.

He was cleared months ago dude.

A few years? nothing has changed.

You're the leading acolyte in condemning players for coming back early, trying to play their way into shape, and causing secondary injuries because they weren't really ready to play.

He may have been cleared to start training fully/cleared in that the injury has "healed", but those injuries take 12 months, whether you're on the court after 8 or not, to fully get over. And that hasn't changed at all. There's so much strength and conditioning that all the muscles around his knee need to get back, particularly for his game, that coming back early is just a mistake.

Stop buying into ESPN story line bullshit.

Stop actin a fool.

DY_nasty

A few years? nothing has changed.

You're the leading acolyte in condemning players for coming back early, trying to play their way into shape, and causing secondary injuries because they weren't really ready to play.

He may have been cleared to start training fully/cleared in that the injury has "healed", but those injuries take 12 months, whether you're on the court after 8 or not, to fully get over. And that hasn't changed at all. There's so much strength and conditioning that all the muscles around his knee need to get back, particularly for his game, that coming back early is just a mistake.

Stop buying into ESPN story line bullshit.

Stop actin a fool.

He's been cleared to play months ago. I was okay with him working out his own feelings and stuff back in late February but he's showing all the signs of being simply scared in every single interview he's done. It'd be different if he was having complications, an organization pushing him to show up by means of guilt tripping, etc - but that's not the case. The hardest steps coming back from injury are the ones that you get you back on the field or court and he's avoiding it all costs. There's nothing saying he can't step back in slowly or in limited minutes but he's not doing that at all.

Omega

Banned
coming back is a mistake because Chicago with Rose still isn't beating Miami unless Lebron dies

in the playoffs, not tonights game

cdyhybrid

So I'm going to watch the Heat Bulls game. I haven't watched a game this season since Xmas Day. What should I expect?

Snark encouraged.

So I'm going to watch the Heat Bulls game. I haven't watched a game this season since Xmas Day. What should I expect?

Snark encouraged.

There will be a point in the game when the Heat look like they're not trying to win

Then there will be a point in the game when the Heat really want to win

That's basically every Heat game

Omega

Banned
Chicago stands no chance either way, true, but I think its important for Rose's development...

Chicago should've tanked and not taken years off of Deng and Noah's careers imo

bwaha
i don't see Rose developing into anything other than what he is now

and from your other post, if he really is scared there's definitely no point in coming back. it's easier said then done, but playing scared is a recipe for disaster

There's nothing saying he can't step back in slowly or in limited minutes but he's not doing that at all.

bos_a_thibodeau_b2_576.jpg

thekad

Banned
Rose has been in full contact practice for a month. The only way he can get back to "110%" is to play in actual games. Either he's scared or he's protesting the Bulls front office. Neither of those is good for Bulls fans.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Rose has been in full contact practice for a month. The only way he can get back to "110%" is to play in actual games. Either he's scared or he's protesting the Bulls front office. Neither of those is good for Bulls fans.

The guy says he still can't dunk off the leg in game. That's huge imo. You can risk hurting your other leg by favoring an injury. Let him come back when he wants.

giri

He's been cleared to play months ago. I was okay with him working out his own feelings and stuff back in late February but he's showing all the signs of being simply scared in every single interview he's done. It'd be different if he was having complications, an organization pushing him to show up by means of guilt tripping, etc - but that's not the case. The hardest steps coming back from injury are the ones that you get you back on the field or court and he's avoiding it all costs. There's nothing saying he can't step back in slowly or in limited minutes but he's not doing that at all.

He only got cleared in late february.

He still wasn't cleared for unlimited full contact training in late january.

what are you on about?

Top Bottom