• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Mamba, you have said for the last three years that the Spurs never were going to win a title with this team and said throughout the season that they had no chance to beat the Heat.

linsivvi

This is stupid.

Nope. This post below, however, is pretty stupid.

Heat are the best perimeter defense in the league. By quite a bit too I think. Everybody not named Parker will be in for a rude ass awakening.

And again, Duncan is a great defender but he ain't 7'2. He doesn't have a 7'4 reach. He ain't 280lbs. What he is, is 6'11 and 37 years old. To say that lebron would fear Duncan more than hibbert is fucking stupid.

If you and anybody else who is praising this Great Wall of spurs rim protection can agree in a stat tracker, I will bet whatever that we have alot better series FG percentage wise than versus Indy.

Zep

Banned
Backtrack Mamba!

lewhinin2lwpep.gif

+

black-mamba_767_600x450.jpg

Emwitus

Heat are the best perimeter defense in the league. By quite a bit too I think. Everybody not named Parker will be in for a rude ass awakening.

And again, Duncan is a great defender but he ain't 7'2. He doesn't have a 7'4 reach. He ain't 280lbs. What he is, is 6'11 and 37 years old. To say that lebron would fear Duncan more than hibbert is fucking stupid.

If you and anybody else who is praising this Great Wall of spurs rim protection can agree in a stat tracker, I will bet whatever that we have alot better series FG percentage wise than versus Indy.

dgblock.gif

overall sure, but Danny Green! And Spurs shot 70% from 2 tonight.

I thought Lebron got over the mental hurdles. Come on, we're all pretty baffled about Bron's performance so far.

I don't understand how Diaw is defending him...

I had them as a top 2 team out West! I actually argued they could beat healthy OKC!
I remember your talk about the troubles they'd have against LA and Memphis. Ill give you a pass on GS, cause the first two games I also thought they didnt look like the favorites in that series

Emwitus

overall sure, but Danny Green! And Spurs shot 70% from 2 tonight.

I thought Lebron got over the mental hurdles. Come on, we're all pretty baffled about Bron's performance so far.

I don't understand how Diaw is defending him...

I had them as a top 2 team out West! I actually argued they could beat healthy OKC!

Well, sure....................in 2011

Im pretty stoked about a guy like Danny Green showing out in the Finals. Dudes earned himself a bump in pay. and hes good on both ends of the floor.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The only thing that hasn't happened is us being the best perimeter defense game to game. Everything else is still true. Everything. Lets discuss though...

Are you honestly going to argue that Tim Duncan and the Spurs front-court hasn't caused issues for the Heat?

giri

Im pretty stoked about a guy like Danny Green showing out in the Finals. Dudes earned himself a bump in pay. and hes good on both ends of the floor.

Why?

Danny Green has been a v.important part of their roster for a while now. He's been hitting 3's like this and defending really well since last season when he became a regular starter.

He lead the spurs in minutes for a while too iirc.

Pop has openly praised him as v.important several times.

I believe he was even sent home as part of the early season snub that Pop did to the heat.

People do this about spurs role players every play offs. Green is pretty perfect for their system and has learned to stay disciplined and within it. After what pop did for him, i doubt he leaves there either.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1h
Danny Ferry told me tonight that there were practices in Cleveland where Danny Green was the 2nd best player on the floor after LBJ

Why?

Danny Green has been a v.important part of their roster for a while now. He's been hitting 3's like this and defending really well since last season when he became a regular starter.

He lead the spurs in minutes for a while too iirc.

Pop has openly praised him as v.important several times.

I believe he was even sent home as part of the early season snub that Pop did to the heat.

People do this about spurs role players every play offs. Green is pretty perfect for their system and has learned to stay disciplined and within it. After what pop did for him, i doubt he leaves there either.

what a weird question. Dude is getting himself recognition on the biggest stage and Ive been a fan of his since the beginning of the season. but pardon my enthusiasm.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1h
Danny Ferry told me tonight that there were practices in Cleveland where Danny Green was the 2nd best player on the floor after LBJ

..... When your on top the whole world loves you

But with that said spurs have the best talent development in the league by far. Is he a FA cause if he is somebody is going to pay him. Its the way of the NBA.

Vahagn

Im arguing that its alot less effective than Indy was. ITs pretty clear.

And you're wrong. Lebron has been far less effective this series than against Indy. Post. Paint. It's all bad. In fact the only time he ever attacks the rim all series is in transition when Duncan isn't back. You can count on one hand the amount of times he's attacked the paint with Duncan set on defense all series. One.Hand.

You also said you didn't understand the 2011 comparisons despite him averaging 17 a game on abysmal shooting through the first 3 games.* Again completely wrong.

*Different, but equally stupid post.

And you're wrong. Lebron has been far less effective this series than against Indy. Post. Paint. It's all bad. In fact the only time he ever attacks the rim all series is in transition when Duncan isn't back. You can count on one hand the amount of times he's attacked the paint with Duncan set on defense all series. One.Hand.

You also said you didn't understand the 2011 comparisons despite him averaging 17 a game on abysmal shooting through the first 3 games.* Again completely wrong.

Except im factually correct. We're shooting two percentage points better this series with almost as many makes through 5 games as we had in 7 vs Indy. This is the best our offense has looked the whole playoffs.

Lebrons one player. You suck off kobe so much that I can see why you like to focus on singular players so much but you should learn that its about a sum of the parts. Also the first two games were 2011-esque in statline-only, and by that I mean scoring. Game 3 was bleh, Game 4 was great, tonite was mediocre. It doesn't feel like 2011 at all though.

giri

what a weird question. Dude is getting himself recognition on the biggest stage and Ive been a fan of his since the beginning of the season. but pardon my enthusiasm.

Well, despite all that, he's still very much a role player. And that's all his skill set will allow him to be.

It's not a knock on the guy. He knows it too. Role players knowing their role and executing it properly are what turns good teams into contenders.

He might get a upgrade to 6m per isntead of 4m per. But i don't see anyone breaking the bank for more.

Great skill set to have, and every team looks for guys like him, but its when you over pay them, that you go to shit.

Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 16 minutes ago
Said this after their win in Game 4, but I thought the value of Miami going small w Miller was vastly, vastly overstated.

San Antonio went big to start that game, and jumped out to a 15-5 lead over the Heat even with Miller starting in place of Haslem.

Two GMs into the switch to go smaller -- & Miller having taken just 2 shots over that span -- its fair to say that wasnt the difference.

Other thing: Miami has rebounded well enough w/o Birdman. Biggest issue for MIA is usually if they get and convert enough easy opportunities
I wonder what the excuses are going to be if the Heat lose.
LeBron needed more help.

exarkun

one of the bigger problems the heat have is their lack of player development. Living on the veteran scraps of other teams isn't sustainable. Chalmers should have at least had someone sit his ass down and give him a foundation for him to build his defense on. And made him watch more tape of opponents. Or develop Cole's offensive game, give him to a shot doctor and given him an offensive system to use while running the second team or the first when Lebron is sitting.

Instead, both look bewildered when TP (or another guard) starts to abuse them. Then other parts of their game suffers and you're just left wondering if there have been any significant improvement in their games since last year.

Branduil

one of the bigger problems the heat have is their lack of player development. Living on the veteran scraps of other teams isn't sustainable. Chalmers should have at least had someone sit his ass down and give him a foundation for him to build his defense on. And made him watch more tape of opponents. Or develop Cole's offensive game, give him to a shot doctor and given him an offensive system to use while running the second team or the first when Lebron is sitting.

Instead, both look bewildered when TP (or another guard) starts to abuse them. Then other parts of their game suffers and you're just left wondering if there have been any significant improvement in their games since last year.

The problem is their core is ill-fitting and aging. Lebron and Wade playing hero ball could work in a lockout year and they can get to the Finals because the east is so unfathomably bad, but they're just not complementary players in any sense of the word.

Its his second year in the league, against the best point guard in the league. Parker does what he does against every team in the league. Chalmers is what he his at this point. There is no coach in this league that can make chalmers feel worse than he thinks he is, which is his whole problem. Blaming player development and pointing to players who arent even lottery status is pretty stupid.

It is loss time though so, crazy theories keep em coming...

WoodWERD

Seriously...he air balled a shot IN THE PAINT tonight.

/I lurk this thread like a mofo (lived in SA for 25+ years)...<3 you guys.

Oh please, Lebron. I love Wade but I will keep the best player on the planet.

No loyalty what so ever? Maybe I'm being too sensational but what Wade did in 06 will probably go down as more impressive than anything the "BIg 3" will do together. Wade didn't need lebron to be a winner. Lebron needed him.

I wonder what the excuses are going to be if the Heat lose.

What excuse, there is no fucking excuse for the shit we are laying in these finals. They are simply playing like crap. Don't know if its mental, some lack of caring; it doesnt matter. If you can't put together two good games in a row in the finals you deserve to lose.

I only see the Heat for spans of like 5 minutes at a time, I have no clue what team is out there for the rest. If we lose we are an embarrassment, everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

No loyalty what so ever? Maybe I'm being too sensational but what Wade did in 06 will probably go down as more impressive than anything the "BIg 3" will do together. Wade didn't need lebron to be a winner. Lebron needed him.

Sure there's loyalty. Which is why Pat wouldn't move any of the Big Three unless they were failing and/or they wanted to be moved. But if you're weighing Lebron and Wade on a scale, you pick Lebron. Everytime.

What excuse, there is no fucking excuse for the shit we are laying in these finals. They are simply playing like crap. Don't know if its mental, some lack of caring; it doesnt matter. If you can't put together two good games in a row in the finals you deserve to lose.

I only see the Heat for spans of like 5 minutes at a time, I have no clue what team is out there for the rest. If we lose we are an embarrassment, everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

ehhh..

And that is called the past. Nothing will ever take away what Wade did and Lebron will never represent the Heat the way Wade does. But if there is a choice to be made its an extremely easy one.

Mamba, you have said for the last three years that the Spurs never were going to win a title with this team and said throughout the season that they had no chance to beat the Heat.

Hey, they still haven't won yet. And I said from mid-season they could come out the West this year so I haven't been as down on them this year.

I said after game 4 if the Spurs win game 5 I still think Miami wins. And I still do. Let's see it play out.

edit: And let's be fair here. I didn't say the Spurs couldn't beat the heat; I said no one could beat the heat.

eival

i love how the NBA has started dusting off that Kobe commercial heavily over the last 2 games of the series instead of all the Lebron ones basically now trying to say "hey the NBA isnt just this guy who never comes up big, remember this other guy who actually won a bunch of rings, he still plays in the NBA too!"

its too bad 2K14 already announced its cover, cause now they have to market a bunch of pre-rendered CGI events of 2k Lebron actually scoring and dunking over players and "winning" in a game thats supposed to be mimicking the real NBA in which hes had some of the worst gamescores (PER) during this series with a 17 and a 10 and im sure tonights wont be much better. and both of those games had "triple doubles" which just proves how dated that is, just like the MLB's "triple crown" that kept Trout from winning the much deserved MVP in baseball last year

2K never had issues waiting till the finals was over in the past but just like Nike in 2009 running those Lebron/Kobe puppets all during the playoffs assuming they would eventually meet in the finals, Nike was left with egg on their face having to keep airing them while Kobe was basically sweeping the Magic in the finals, since then and till this 2K14 thing no one else has even attempted to go "all in" on Lebron with their marketing

im waiting for people to wake up and realise the Heat are nothing more than an over glorified mid-00 Pistons and late 00 Celtics, both those teams had current allstars and future HOFers and went to multiple Finals in a short period of time and finished with only 1 ring each

meanwhile the Lakers and Spurs(most likely by tue/thursday) will of won 5 rings during that same period of time and far less hype, especially during the Lakers last 3 straight finals run, you had Lebron and the Cavs being hyped up all 3 years. there was no "Lakers Index" on the front of espn's website, and i bet as soon as Lebron skips outta town next year still with just 1 ring and tied for the most games lost in NBA finals history there wont be any more "Heat Index" either.

i love how the NBA has started dusting off that Kobe commercial heavily over the last 2 games of the series instead of all the Lebron ones basically now trying to say "hey the NBA isnt just this guy who never comes up big, remember this other guy who actually won a bunch of rings, he still plays in the NBA too!"

its too bad 2K14 already announced its cover, cause now they have to market a bunch of pre-rendered CGI events of 2k Lebron actually scoring and dunking over players and "winning" in a game thats supposed to be mimicking the real NBA in which hes had some of the worst gamescores (PER) during this series with a 17 and a 10 and im sure tonights wont be much better. and both of those games had "triple doubles" which just proves how dated that is, just like the MLB's "triple crown" that kept Trout from winning the much deserved MVP in baseball last year

2K never had issues waiting till the finals was over in the past but just like Nike in 2009 running those Lebron/Kobe puppets all during the playoffs assuming they would eventually meet in the finals, Nike was left with egg on their face having to keep airing them while Kobe was basically sweeping the Magic in the finals, since then and till this 2K14 thing no one else has even attempted to go "all in" on Lebron with their marketing

im waiting for people to wake up and realise the Heat are nothing more than an over glorified mid-00 Pistons and late 00 Celtics, both those teams had current allstars and future HOFers and went to multiple Finals in a short period of time and finished with only 1 ring each

meanwhile the Lakers and Spurs(most likely by tue/thursday) will of won 5 rings during that same period of time and far less hype, especially during the Lakers last 3 straight finals run, you had Lebron and the Cavs being hyped up all 3 years. there was no "Lakers Index" on the front of espn's website, and i bet as soon as Lebron skips outta town next year still with just 1 ring and tied for the most games lost in NBA finals history there wont be any more "Heat Index" either.

This guy man...

image.php

Top Bottom