• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

This series has been so insanely weird that it better go 7.

And Danny Green winning MVP after game 7 would be the perfect cap to it. Please let this happen!

Emwitus

Lebron guarding Parker isn't gonna work. Parker has a better basketball iq than Rose and runs the pick and roll better than Rose. Rose loved to iso so Lebron had a chance against him. Parker will put Lebron through the ringer running him through screens and then the pick and roll.

Everyone and there momma could see this...apart from the heat. You don't just throw your best defender on parker unless you want him to be running through walls all game.

Thought this was funny:

BM7b_CmCAAAFMoT.png:large

this is when i wish larry brown was the coach of the team. instead of bashing them in and calling them worthless pieces of shit, everybody is saying stuff like "great opportunity! protect home floor! i like our chances!"

Vahagn

After last summer when everyone was selling the Lebron is the best player in the last 20 years storyline (I'm looking at you Simmons and Abbott) it's great to be reminded that career averages are near worthless without rings.

Sucking for 50 games in your career won't affect your averages much if you've played 1,000 games. But if they represent mostly poor playoff/Finals outings - they fucking matter.

this is when i wish larry brown was the coach of the team. instead of bashing them in and calling them worthless pieces of shit, everybody is saying stuff like "great opportunity! protect home floor! i like our chances!"

Trust me, these Heat players can't take even the smallest criticisms. That's the kind of psyche you're dealing with.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Speaking of Mamba...

No major gameplan, it'll be Tony Parker running circles around Chalmers/Cole getting into the paint and them knocking down wide open three point looks. Great ball movement kills Miami...And San Antonio when they're on, no team is better.

Spurs can score, I just don't know if they can stop Miami. They are at a bigger detriment vs Lebron than the other near-contenders, IMO.

Plus, Duncan and Ginobili can't give the 44 minute games Lebron, Wade, and Bosh can.

BUT MAMBA SAID

The one thing I knew going into the Finals is that if San Antonio were to win this series, Danny Green needs to be the Spurs Robert Horry in order to survive. It's so crazy to see that he has become that fourth pillar this series. Of course he isn't nearly as good as Horry was, but he has been the bail out guy for the Big 3.

Spurs 3PT were average tonight and still won by double digits. Black Mamba? More like Backtrack Mamba!

overall sure, but Danny Green! And Spurs shot 70% from 2 tonight.

I thought Lebron got over the mental hurdles. Come on, we're all pretty baffled about Bron's performance so far.

I don't understand how Diaw is defending him...

based on this postseason, seems you never miss an opportunity to low ball San Antonio.

I had them as a top 2 team out West! I actually argued they could beat healthy OKC!

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 42m
Spurs:14-2 in potential series-clinching games played on the road since start of the 2002-03 postseason.

Rest of NBA: 61-75 in that span.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
overall sure, but Danny Green! And Spurs shot 70% from 2 tonight.

I thought Lebron got over the mental hurdles. Come on, we're all pretty baffled about Bron's performance so far.

I don't understand how Diaw is defending him...

I had them as a top 2 team out West! I actually argued they could beat healthy OKC!

Backtrack Mamba!

Top Bottom