• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

Phil Jackson has 11 rings and if the Spurs win, Pop will have 5. That isn't up for discussion.
Team of the era? Both teams will have won 5 so... it will be a tie. What other stuff?

Again, you're not a Laker Fan if something like this can be said so nonchalantly.

And Coach of the era definitely would be. LA/SAS has represented the West in 12 of the last 14 Finals. They've played in the postseason 7 (?) times.

These franchises are inexorably linked.

This is sort of like the Hawks-Heat series a few years ago where every game was a blowout and they traded wins...
Till the Hawks won game 7

Emwitus

I prefer parker taking acrobatic 2s than green taking open 3s. I live with the 2 points, the more Parker has to produce the more energy he needs to spend.

Bron needs to come with Game 4 mind set of pushing the ball on every Spurs miss. We got complacent instead of pushing the ball every possession. We also need hustle on the defensive end, get back on misses and stop watching people, get in front of them.

Tony parker is one of the best finishing PGs in the league.

Again, you're not a Laker Fan if something like this can be said so nonchalantly.

And Coach of the era definitely would be. LA/SAS has represented the West in 12 of the last 14 Finals. They've played in the postseason 7 (?) times.

These franchises are inexorably linked.

So? The Lakers have 10 chips more even if the Spurs win this year. Lakers are the greater franchise so why are you so against the Spurs winning? It's not like the Spurs winning will have any impact on Kobe or Shaq.

Eleuin

Miami needs to go back to the conventional lineup in Game 6. They went small and won Game 4 but killed Miller's game in the process. Pop then started Manu and he destroyed Miller on O, gotta use Haslem and hope Miller's game resurrects at home.
Too smart of an idea for spo, gotta play wario and Cole more!

Spurs need to win game 6. I can't see them losing 6 and going on to win 7. Then again, both teams won in the other's court, so I can see either outcome here.

So? The Lakers have 10 chips more even if the Spurs win this year. Lakers are the greater franchise so why are you so against the Spurs winning? It's not like the Spurs winning will have any impact on Kobe or Shaq.

When people have discussions about the best teams of the 90s they don't bring up Lakers' titles from the 80s, why would that change now?

Heat home court is LeBron's forehead

Texans are used to handling the Heat

Does that mean, Miami Heat fans attending are going to be some rich dudes and their hot chicks that wouldn't cheer or give any reaction, while SAS fans invade make it a home game for the Spurs like Dallas Mav fans did Game 6 of 2011.

Vire

No. From what I played it was good but not great. The shooting mechanics really bothered me.

It starts off good-to great and escalates to one of the best games I've ever played past "Pittsburgh" and into Winter.

But if you don't like the shooting mechanics, not much I can say to change your mind.

That's cool though.

It starts off good-to great and escalates to one of the best games I've ever played past "Pittsburgh" and into Winter.

But if you don't like the shooting mechanics, not much I can say to change your mind.

That's cool though.

I redboxed it but already returned the game. Perhaps I'll pick it up on the cheap in a few months.

missed the game today, but good to see ginobli having a good game. spurs need him to pull out one more good game to seal this thing.

this is probably going to game 7

Except people aren't counting chips won in the ancient past when gauging this question. I think the timeline starts from Shaq's joining the Lakers to whenever Duncan retires, but the discussion will have a long tail so long as Kobe still plays for the Lakers and Tony and Manu play for the Spurs.

To say "Phil has 11 the discussion is over" as to greatest coach is also overly simplistic.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

You can't compare the Lakers and Spurs history. Spurs were in the ABA which is non-canon in the NBA history books.

Fjordson

Man, Steam said the same thing on IRC the other day. When I get the game I will see for myself.
I think the presentation is pretty top notch. More appealing to me than the Uncharted games, Druckmann is on top of his game with the writing, the voice acting is near flawless and the atmosphere is tense in an awesome way.

But the gameplay isn't really blowing me away. Stealth is a big part of it and the stealth isn't all that fun imo.

Still worth playing I think, though.

Subitai

Guys, Miller started the last 2 games to open up the driving lanes for Wade/James and get Splitter out of the paint. Splitter is only in now to give Duncan rest because Pop was hiding him on the non-Bosh big on D to do help D around the rim. Even though Miller has gone cold, it let Wade/James explode for 60+ in game 4. How did everyone forget this? It doesn't matter if you have to send Manu to the bench now, he's got his confidence back. Also, Miller will probably shoot better at home.

What I think will happen is Allen will get Miller's starting spot, but he will go back to the bench early so Miller can come back in a role he is more comfortable in.

Honestly was Ginobili starting even reported by the media, poor Spo his lineup changes are reported on ESPN and every sports site, while Pop starting Manu isn't discussed.

rdrr gnr

It's good but not great IMO. The introduction is really good but it gets quite tedious after that point. I'd say it's a 7 or 7.5 out of 10.
7.5/10 for not even half the game? The whole point of that game is to play to the end. It starts off strong, dips, and then picks up again -- and I mean REALLY picks up as far as gameplay is concerned.

Fjordson

Surely Lebron will come out strong next game. Dude has to be desperate. If Spurs actually pull this out it's going to be 2011 all over again for him (not quite as bad, but not good).

charsace

Lebron guarding Parker isn't gonna work. Parker has a better basketball iq than Rose and runs the pick and roll better than Rose. Rose loved to iso so Lebron had a chance against him. Parker will put Lebron through the ringer running him through screens and then the pick and roll.

Top Bottom