• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

BadAss2961

Watching them wasn't even necessary. I'm 23 and was probably 4 or 5 when they played. If you follow basketball (all I follow is the NBA, college sports are shit) I don't see how you don't know about them.

They're perhaps the most iconic team in college basketball history. When Webber was still in the league the F5 was mentioned numerous times since he could never seem to win even when he was supposed to. The infamous timeout moment was brought up quite a few times during his Sacramento days
I don't think the college game is as big as it used to be. Lot of NBA fans don't care about college anymore.

People know Webber, Jalen, and Howard. But a lot of people wouldn't know about the Fab Five.

rando14

fuck game of thrones. not worth your time

ibvaSu0rFhmBym.gif

you know youre still gonna watch it

duxstar

The thing that boggles my mind is that the NBA does something like throw Joey Crawford out in the finals, not saying he IS biased or whatever.....

but couldn't you avoid the whole damn controversy by just finding another ref? Like don't have him, find one other competent ref that doesn't have a story behind him.

Okay, so Wilbon's thing is to basically call him Earvin to his face but call him Magic when talking about his playing days.

That guy has turned PTI into a 22 minute name dropping session

BadAss2961

The thing that boggles my mind is that the NBA does something like throw Joey Crawford out in the finals, not saying he IS biased or whatever.....

but couldn't you avoid the whole damn controversy by just finding another ref? Like don't have him, find one other competent ref that doesn't have a story behind him.
Either they really do want Crawford to fix it for Miami, or the NBA just loves the added drama.

Or both.

Exokell

Banned
as someone who has read the books, i would say not watching after this point would be a very foolish decision

I need to read the books, I thought this show is gonna be like LOTR where bunch of hobbits defeat the huge army of Sauron(feels stupid). In this show, the good guys get killed and massacred, while bad guys lose a hand.
I hope the game is at halftime at 6 pm.

HBO GO mang. Don't even need to DVR that shit. I'll just watch it later tonight.
I need to watch it now, after what happened last week. Cannot wait.

That's actually very common. athletes nap right before the game.

Anyway, this is obviously a must-win game for Miami. I believe the team down 1-0 in the Finals has to get the 2nd game or it's over because of the 2-3-2 format.

the 1972 lakers also lost game 1

then won the next 4

take that for whatever you will

duxstar

I need to read the books, I thought this show is gonna be like LOTR where bunch of hobbits defeat the huge army of Sauron(feels stupid). In this show, the good guys get killed and massacred, while bad guys lose a hand.
I hope the game is at halftime at 6 pm.

I need to watch it now, after what happened last week. Cannot wait.

lol the Bad guy, I dunno if this is is a spoiler so I'll "spoiler" tag it but

I really like Jaime in book 5

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Okay, so Wilbon's thing is to basically call him Earvin to his face but call him Magic when talking about his playing days.

That guy has turned PTI into a 22 minute name dropping session

I stopped watching PTI years ago. The only time I watch ESPN these days is for live sports. It's so bad.

I stopped watching PTI years ago. The only time I watch ESPN these days is for live sports. It's so bad.

Dan LeBatard is Highly Questionable is the only thing that's entertaining and a little different

But I'm a Miami homer so of course I'd say that but who doesn't love Papi

linsivvi

There are only like 50 NBA refs out there. 4 refs (3+1 replacement) are needed for each game and each game will use a different team. The most experienced refs will be used for the Finals so you can expect him to appear every year.

There's no conspiracy. It's just fun to shit on him.

BadAss2961

There are only like 50 NBA refs out there. 4 refs (3+1 replacement) are needed for each game and each game will use a different team. The most experienced refs will be used for the Finals so you can expect him to appear every year.

There's no conspiracy. It's just fun to shit on him.
But is it true that he hasn't reffed a finals game since that Duncan incident?

Exokell

Banned
I only listen to podcasts like BS report, basketball jones and sometimes jalen. ESPN shows are really dumb, they get bunch of people that comment on sports they know nothing about or have no interest. Its bunch of made up shit being said.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Dan LeBatard is Highly Questionable is the only thing that's entertaining and a little different

But I'm a Miami homer so of course I'd say that but who doesn't love Papi

I like LeBatard, but I've never seen the show because I assumed it was typical ESPN garbage. I'll give it a shot.

Top Bottom