• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

You can't compare posters from 5 years ago to posters now. Prime Cloving and Prime Vag existed in two different time periods with different rules.

Right. At his peak, and when he was motivated, prime ryutaro's mama probably played the best defense of anyone in thread history. I've never seen anyone who could shut down his man so effectively. He'd probably foul out though, if he tried that shit today.

Someone else I think is underrated by thread historians is prime Kado. He wouldn't give you much in the way of analysis, but he was good for 20-25 trolls per night, and he'd chip in 5-10 gifs while he was at it. Solid statistical production that was undermined by the fact that he was insane.

I'm hoping Pop has the team prepared for a desperate Heat team. Miami knows they can't go down 2-0 with 3 games in San Antonio.

Ehhh you guys usually don't panic or go into fuckball mode anyways. If you guys get beat tonight it'll be cause the shooters hit their shots and cause LeBron or Bosh went HAM and your core guys weren't balling out.

I really hope those extra nights in Miami were spent partying or doing some skank ass shit by the Spurs...

How can Heat fans have any doubt with Joey "Company Man" Crawford reffing. You guys still think Stern is out to get you?

In a paper that is scheduled to be published in a peer-reviewed journal and has been shared early with Grantland, Rodenberg concludes there is no evidence that Crawford’s officiating had any real negative impact on the Spurs from the 2001-02 season through last season. The conclusion mirrors the results of an earlier study by Wayne Winston, one of Rodenberg’s mentors and a former stats consultant for the Mavs. But Winston’s study only analyzed three seasons right around the ejection incident; Rodenberg’s goes back further and extends almost to the present day.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...ly-hate-tim-duncan-a-scientific-investigation

Just stop with the conspiracies.

How can Heat fans have any doubt with Joey "Company Man" Crawford reffing. You guys still think Stern is out to get you?
Two things:
1) I only see Spurs fans talking about Joey/Stern effects.
2) Yeah, good Ol Joe certainly saved the Heat's collective asses in the ecf!

Right. At his peak, and when he was motivated, prime ryutaro's mama probably played the best defense of anyone in thread history. I've never seen anyone who could shut down his man so effectively. He'd probably foul out though, if he tried that shit today.

Someone else I think is underrated by thread historians is prime Kado. He wouldn't give you much in the way of analysis, but he was good for 20-25 trolls per night, and he'd chip in 5-10 gifs while he was at it. Solid statistical production that was undermined by the fact that he was insane.
I think you greatly underestimate prime Dy. He was one of those posters who did his work without much fanfare w/ a lunch-pail attitude, but he made his trolls matter. If you wanted to teach someone of today's generation trolling, you want that person to look at Dy's work. However I do think it's sad that the style of trolling Dy did throughout the years is affecting him/his team now. Bobcats been cursed recently.

Crawford better straighten up and fly right

996731_634360466597401_1251292555_n.jpg

Vire

Everybody needs to calm down... did you see Lebron's conference yesterday? He was cool as a cucumber.

I dunno how half Heat Age can stand being in here.

Everybody needs to calm down... did you see Lebron's conference yesterday? He was cool as a cucumber.

I dunno how half Heat Age can stand being in here.

All I want win or lose is to avoid another **** ****** discussion from midnight to the wee hours of the morning

the bottom of that article says they dont know which official blew which calls, so that paper doesnt rule out Crawford having a personal vendetta against Duncan. Anyway, Crawford is trending on twitter before the game's even started. Not a good look for the NBA.

It would require an equal pro-spurs bias to balance it out. The article only stated such with regards to Duncan that Crawford might be a bit biased towards him and not the rest of the Spurs. But there's 2 things about this

1. if he is biased towards duncan, then it's not hurting the Spurs regardless

2. Considering how important duncan is to the spurs, a bias against him should hurt the Spurs.

I'd bet anything such analysis will show no bias.

exarkun

Coach Nick makes it sound like the real problem for the heat are the offensive sets not generating comfortable shots for players like Wade and Bosh. While that looks right judging by the eye test, his breakdown makes it seem like iso + PnR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qy2spcZbXI

It was readily apparent when the Heat would run offensive sets rather than the basic (what coach nick calls) "5 out." The screen involving Ray and Lebron seemed especially dirty, and I was kind of amazed they didn't really do many lebron/chalmers lebron/ray screens. Or posting up Wade, which looked like it could work early on (though you can argue Wade doesn't have the skillset to have the offense run through him like that). The heat could easy put massive pressure on the Spurs if they would return to those more successful sets.

Coach Nick makes it sound like the real problem for the heat are the offensive sets not generating comfortable shots for players like Wade and Bosh. While that looks right judging by the eye test, his breakdown makes it seem like iso + PnR.

It was readily apparent when the Heat would run offensive sets rather than the basic (what coach nick calls) "5 out." The screen involving Ray and Lebron seemed especially dirty, and I was kind of amazed they didn't really do many lebron/chalmers lebron/ray screens. Or posting up Wade, which looked like it could work early on (though you can argue Wade doesn't have the skillset to have the offense run through him like that). The heat could easy put massive pressure on the Spurs if they would return to those more successful sets.

This has been the main criticism of the team for years and well, it usually doesn't happen....and with the way things are looking now they might have no choice but to do some heroball shit, especially if Spo decides to play Wade/Bosh though they may have stunk to that point

This game is just gonna come down to the 4th regardless, unless Miami literally blows San Antonio the fuck out and that's not happening

This has been the main criticism of the team for years and well, it usually doesn't happen....and with the way things are looking now they might have no choice but to do some heroball shit, especially if Spo decides to play Wade/Bosh though they may have stunk to that point

This game is just gonna come down to the 4th regardless, unless Miami literally blows San Antonio the fuck out and that's not happening

They're always running the 5 out. Coach nick even admits that it was pretty effective in game 1, but it killed them against the pacers

They're always running the 5 out. Coach nick even admits that it was pretty effective in game 1, but it killed them against the pacers

Doesn't he say in the video (watched it a few days ago) that it just takes too much work for over the course of the game to maintain?

That post was obviously a joke, it was intentional.

Please don't quote me in the future. I really can't stand you. Thanks.

It's a gnome, by the way.

In case you haven't figured it out by now people are usually spending their time laughing at you, not with you

I expect no less than a dozen post ups for LBJ tonight. and Leonard, good as he is, cant really stop James in the post. Hes giving up too much weight. It will come down to Heat role players like Chalmers and Cole knocking down shots. SA wont help off Allen and Miller, but they want Chalmers and Cole to earn their respect.

In case you haven't figured it out by now people are usually spending their time laughing at you, not with you
In case you haven't figured it out by now, I don't care what your insular, abrasive, hyperbolic, sub-community thinks about me otherwise I would've left long ago. Doe, cray, etc.

I expect no less than a dozen post ups for LBJ tonight. and Leonard, good as he is, cant really stop James in the post. Hes giving up too much weight. It will come down to Heat role players like Chalmers and Cole knocking down shots. SA wont help off Allen and Miller, but they want Chalmers and Cole to earn their respect.

I think they want to do that more, but Lebron admitted to being gassed in the 4th quarter. So I dunno what Miami does. I think if the other guys step up they should be ok.

Yea that was his claim since they shot poorly form it in the last quarter, but I don't think thats a large enough sample size to make that conclusion.

Think he was basing it on Lebron being gassed in the 4th.

Doesn't he say in the video (watched it a few days ago) that it just takes too much work for over the course of the game to maintain?

Yea that was his claim since they shot poorly form it in the last quarter, but I don't think thats a large enough sample size to make that conclusion.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I don't care what your insular, abrasive, hyperbolic, sub-community thinks about me otherwise I would've left long ago. Doe, cray, etc.

If you have a problem with a poster to the degree you have with me (why, I don't know) you're free to just put me on ignore.

I think they want to do that more, but Lebron admitted to being gassed in the 4th quarter. So I dunno what Miami does. I think if the other guys step up they should be ok.

Everybody else needs to chip in with the rebounding and not letting their man beat them or give up open looks to force extra rotations

And on offense, if Wade and Chalmers are a disaster, the team doesn't have a choice but to ask him to run the point and to be the leading scorer...

Being gassed is still no excuse for the dumbass turnovers they had. And if they're going to come out guns blazing again, San Antonio is just going to stay steady and slowly creep back in and then leap on them in the 4th after they've blown their load

Execution is more critical tonight rather than playing with more energy or whatever that bullshit is

exarkun

My takeaway on that is that because its so dependent on a person creating their own shot, it tires them out since they can't rest for as much as they would like (playoff time baabay!).

Also, the stat where he showed the last 9 "5 outs" resulted in no fg's and a bad offensive per possession rating. I just think they should run some varied sets more consistently to get Bosh and Wade going.

dream

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Team is loaded man. LeBron went into pg mode in the 2nd half while everyone else did all the scoring that kept them in the game.

Problem is they want everything to be easy, which is why they came together in the first place. They're lazy and rarely just play hard. Wade had a good game 7 against Indy on effort alone.

You're 100% right, dude. But your opinion is against the grain and when you go against the grain in this thread you're labeled a terrible poster, a troll, and told to go away because nobody likes you and so on. Brush these children off.

You're 100% right, dude. But your opinion is against the grain and when you go against the grain in this thread you're labeled a terrible poster, a troll, and told to go away because nobody likes you and so on. Brush these children off.

What does LeBrick's post have to do with NBA-GAF?

What does LeBrick's post have to do with NBA-GAF?

Heavy doesn't care what we think

Oh wait somebody is clearly affected by others in here

Otherwise he wouldn't have all these feels

Oh wait somebody is clearly affected by others in here

Otherwise he wouldn't have all these feels

You should've seen him in the Wrasslin-GAF thread. Always with the melodrama and the fragile ego and the melodramatic "I'm leaving this thread" exits before his inevitable returns

Doe, cray, dagger, LeBron, LLL, Kobe not in the top 50, flopper, GOAT, trolling, hairline, terrible, RealGM, am I missing anything? Feel free to add.

You should've seen him in the Wrasslin-GAF thread. Always with the melodrama and the fragile ego and the melodramatic "I'm leaving this thread" exits before his inevitable returns
I've never done that. Anytime I've stopped posting for a while it was just out of habit, I never announced it.

Top Bottom