• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

rando14

Oh HAI guys, remember when i said the heat would start breaking down after this third run to the finals? Heat-age laughed but don't look now...bosh hobbling, wade knee, chalmers bruised.....last man standing is lebron.

wtf are you talking about, it's an even series and heat still have hca

It's not that they deserve credit for the miss, but I'm sure they're factoring in the fact that it's better to give up a Ray Allen 3 than an open lane to the basket or one on one against the players that matter.

Except Heavy was arguing that Indiana deserves the credit for winning. My point is it's not as simple as that. Indiana played a better game but Miami players playing shitty is also a factor.

Vire

Oh HAI guys, remember when i said the heat would start breaking down after this third run to the finals? Heat-age laughed but don't look now...bosh hobbling, wade knee, chalmers bruised.....last man standing is lebron.

This is the dumbest post in the last 10 pages.

BadAss2961

Somebody needs to either drain Wade's knee or have Tom Crean fly with him to Miami

Or maybe we should just literally insert Mike Miller in his spot and tell LeBron to go 1 in 4 out and just do his thing
omar29vo5k.gif

lol with the knee. Every time Wade starts playing like shit there's some mysterious injury that turns on and off from possession to possession.

Vire

omar29vo5k.gif

lol with the knee. Every time Wade starts playing like shit there's some mysterious injury that turns on and off from possession to possession.

Oh you mean the same knee that's been bothering him his whole career?

What the hell are you going on about?

effzee

Wtf is this. I didnt know ALL Heat fans are superior human beings who don't dabble in the same kind of frivolous and petty complaints as Heat Haters. Who's your HEAT fan messiah imposing such strict moral superiority?

Are you kidding me? There are Heat fans complaining about the calls yes but no one is claiming the fix was in against the Heat or that those two calls alone cost them the game. That is what you first claimed HEAT FANS were doing. They aren't. That doesn't mean they can't point out the calls were questionable.

Every single game, esp involving the Heat, these threads are a constant bitching session about the refs and how Stern wants the Heat to win. Now when it is evident the calls are even, bad on both sides, and the Pacers are actually going to the FT line more, you want to imagine the Heat fans using the refs as an excuse?

Go do some studying or something you don't make any sense.

I see 3 steps before he dribbles.

The call was on the step back move not when he caught the ball.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm just wondering how the Spurs were able to sell Finals tickets today when they could be hosting 3 4 and 5 or hosting 1 and 2.
Weird.

I kind of hope the Heat actually do win this series because Heat-Spurs could be really good.

Hibbert/West/George would be completely shut down by Duncan/Splitter/Leonard and the series would be over in 5 games with the Pacers breaking 80 once in this series so that wouldn't be interesting.

But the chance for the Roy Hibbert Finals MVP...

That's because nobody here actually likes your basketball team, if the Pacers were to advance you'd be alone in your circle-jerk of fuckball

But Roy Hibbert plays for the Pacers :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bro, you can't just waltz five steps and then start dribbling. The hell Vestal?

It's not that they deserve credit for the miss, but I'm sure they're factoring in the fact that it's better to give up a Ray Allen 3 than an open lane to the basket or one on one against the players that matter.

Indiana doesnt want Ray Allen shooting uncontested threes. no team does. the guy's the GOAT three point shooter and commands the respect of a defender

He took 3 steps before he dribbled.

ehhh It could be argued he didn't have control of the ball until after the first step.

Two steps, dribble, establishes his right as his pivot then it leaves the groudn on the step back. It's a travel, but in today's NBA where you're allowed 3 steps on a dunk attempt, that's probably a no call.

Could be wrong, as I don't spend tons of time reading and interpreting the rule book.

Indiana doesnt want Ray Allen shooting uncontested threes. no team does. the guy's the GOAT three point shooter and commands the respect of a defender

Nobody wants uncontested threes that's not what I'm saying. But, the Pacers are great at closing out against the three. That's what their defensive scheme is about. Helping on defense and getting back to your man in time to defend the three.

Edit: But also the Pacers would rather give up an uncontested three by an older Ray Allen than any shot by Lebron or Wade. Ever since Lebron has been in the league we've been about letting Lebron get his shot and forcing his teammates to beat us.

ehhh It could be argued he didn't have control of the ball until after the first step.

Two steps, dribble, establishes his right as his pivot then it leaves the groudn on the step back. It's a travel, but in today's NBA where you're allowed 3 steps on a dunk attempt, that's probably a no call.

Could be wrong, as I don't spend tons of time reading and interpreting the rule book.

You don't get two steps anyway you get a two count which he obviously had. There is no pivot when you catch on the move like that. You can't have any foot take a step. Check out my last post quoting it.

Top Bottom