• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Vestal

Bounce pass wade grabs ball mid way through a step and lands sets pivot.

look at where the ball is on this so called first step, its still on the floor with wade having not touched it yet.

Tom Penny

ku-xlarge.gif

paint your face clown

David West going to get a flagrant 1.

NBA-gaf is better when the Heat lose. And it is much better when I get to call up everyone who conveniently disappears when they win. I'm keeping the list, and I'm petty enough to prove it.

he didn't have the ball till mid way through the motion

It doesn't matter though he clearly did. You get a two count, not two steps. He had one step for sure, don't even try to argue he didnt, then he did his pump fake. That's a travel.

It isn't called often enough. That's the only real defense.

Vestal

The whistle was called when he made the dribble...everything before that was legal.
whistle was called on the step back.

even calling it on the dribble is bullshit since he had not dribled and never took two steps with possession of the ball.

Emwitus

whistle was called on the step back.

even calling it on the dribble is bullshit since he had not dribled and never took two steps with possession of the ball.

A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble,
may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing must release the ball to start his dribble before his second step.

Again, the whistle was called on this...

The step back move was perfectly legal if nothing else came before it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Which is what he did. The left foot is his pivot.

Its not a three step. His right foot is on the ground when he picks up the ball. He takes a left step which becomes his pivot because he didn't pick it up until he drobbled.

The gif is slow as hell, its impossible to miss.

he caught..dribbled, pump faked, then went backwards after pump faking.

let it go. Danny Green gets call for traveling doing the same thing Wade did a lot.

Which is what he did. The left foot is his pivot.

Its not a three step. His right foot is on the ground when he picks up the ball. He takes a left step which becomes his pivot because he didn't pick it up until he drobbled.

The gif is slow as hell, its impossible to miss.
You don't get a pivot when you catch a pass on the move.

You don't get two steps you get a two count when you catch on the move. His pump is the 2nd count time wise. It is a travel. Though he clearly takes two steps after possession IMO but that only makes the travel worse. 4 count or 3 count but both over 2.

fertygo

Whatever it is, that dribble was super broken, clumsy and ugly.. I don't know why you can trash the refs even if he "mistaken"

Pumpfake followed with stepback just afterward, really? Is that even possible on 2k?

But he still take full step before dribble, hell even his pivot moving.
I know you guys not used with travel call, but still..

YOURE ALLOWED TO DRIBBLE AFTER ONE STEP.

A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble,
may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing must release the ball to start his dribble before his second step.

Again, he catches the ball with his right foot planted. He takes the left step and drags the right foot. His left is the pivot and it doesnt move until he dribbled.

again look at when he had possession of the ball not when Rio passed it. Its as clear as day

He has to dribble before the step back. Do you not understand? You don't get a pivot foot when you catch the ball on the run. He isnt allowed to move his feet there even if he only took one step.

Edit: he actually can't dribble after the pump game even.

You don't get two steps anyway you get a two count which he obviously had. There is no pivot when you catch on the move like that. You can't have any foot take a step. Check out my last post quoting it.

He takes two steps, pumps and then he dribbles before he plants his right foot. Looks a'ight to me.

YOURE ALLOWED TO DRIBBLE AFTER ONE STEP.

Again, he catches the ball with his right foot planted. He takes the left step and drags the right foot. His left is the pivot and it doesnt move until he dribbled.

You are not allowed a pivot when you catch on the move. When will you get this?

Every other post is about flopping. I don't think we could handle any more grief.

Hell, Lebron even defended flopping. The Clippers just silently flop and try to get away with it.

And then you have Lionel Hollins being a hypocrite about his support of anti-flopping when he had Tony Allen and Gasol Jr flopping away as usual.

Vestal

He has to dribble before the step back. Do you not understand? You don't get a pivot foot when you catch the ball on the run. He isnt allowed to move his feet there even if he only took one step.

Edit: he actually can't dribble after the pump game even.
I have been watching ball and playing it for over 25 years and I have never seen anything remotely to what you describe be called.

not to mention that he was called for the travel after the dribble on the stepback

Spurs over Heat in 6

As fun as it would be to see the Heat lose, they (specifically LeBron) are going to destroy the Pacers in games 5 & 6.

The Finals are going to be fun......

Bread

Banned
Show me the travel..

dribble, he steps with his right foot. uses it as a pivot, picks it up, and puts it back down. you can't put your pivot foot back down unless you are taking a hop step, which he didn't.

edit: he traveled twice on the play lol

Spurs over the Pacers in 5. I think we may be able to steal a game from the Spurs, but the Spurs play inside out as well as anyone else in the league. Even if we shut out the Spurs from the 3 point line, they'll make that extra pass to free up somebody.

BadAss2961

Spurs over Heat in 6

As fun as it would be to see the Heat lose, they (specifically LeBron) are going to destroy the Pacers in games 5 & 6.

The Finals are going to be fun......
I don't wanna hear shit about LeBron's "greatness" ever again if he blows this championship.

The Bucks are a joke. Chicago was the most depleted team in playoff history... These are the only 2 legit series Miami will be playing in this playoffs -- and Granger isn't even there.

Vestal

dribble, he steps with his right foot. uses it as a pivot, picks it up, and puts it back down. you can't put your pivot foot back down unless you are taking a hop step, which he didn't.
its a step back. Which he has done his entire career.

Top Bottom