• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Vire

I don't wanna hear shit about LeBron's "greatness" ever again if he blows this championship.

The Bucks are a joke. Chicago was the most depleted team in playoff history... These are the only 2 legit series Miami will be playing in this playoffs -- and Granger isn't even there.
Indiana is a better team without Granger.

Paul George is a much better player, don't be surprised if Granger is traded as soon as this season is done.

He has to dribble before the step back. Do you not understand? You don't get a pivot foot when you catch the ball on the run. He isnt allowed to move his feet there even if he only took one step.

Edit: he actually can't dribble after the pump game even.

A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble,
may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing must release the ball to start his dribble before his second step.

If a player comes to a stop on the count of one when both feet are on the floor or touch the floor simultaneously, he may pivot using either foot as his pivot. If he alights with both feet he must release the ball before either foot touches the floor. If a player has one foot on the floor or lands with one foot first to the floor, he may only pivot with that foot.
You always get a pivot foot, the fuck are you talking about? You can catch the ball and have a maxium of two steps to come to a stop. If you come to a stop on the count of one, with one foot ahead of the other, you can pivot with that foot thats ahead.

I don't wanna hear shit about LeBron's "greatness" ever again if he blows this championship.

The Bucks are a joke. Chicago was the most depleted team in playoff history... These are the only 2 legit series Miami will be playing in this playoffs -- and Granger isn't even there.

Yeah, the East will certainly be a lot better next year. More than likely the Pacers will be the 4th seed instead of the Nets. Heat will most definitely be met with more opposition next year.

Not to mention that we'll have a better matchup for LeBron/Wade with George/Granger.

Paul George is a much better player, but don't be surprised if Granger is traded as soon as this season is done.

I disagree when it comes to defense. Running our offense through a player without many one-on-one moves is definitely a problem, but if Paul George/George Hill/Stephenson get better at ball handling Granger will have way more open looks at the three.

Bread

Banned
i would say he has possession with his one hand when he has his foot on the floor, do you disagree shadow?

he has one foot on the floor when he gets the hand off with his left hand, he then takes 2 steps, then pivots off the other foot. that's a travel.

BadAss2961

Paul George is a much better player, don't be surprised if Granger is traded as soon as this season is done.
George is better. They can live without Granger (they've proven that.) But they're not a better team without a guy that can put up his kind of numbers.

i would say he has possession with his one hand when he has his foot on the floor, do you disagree shadow?

he has one foot on the floor when he gets the hand off with his left hand, he then takes 2 steps, then pivots off the other foot. that's a travel.

A step is only when your pivot foot goes up.

When he grabs the ball, his right foot is on the ground. He takes the left(first step) and it becomes his pivot foot, the right drag is a pivot. You have up to two steps when you catch in motion and if you stop on one, depending on how you stop you can pivot.

HGH posterboy would have bricked that shot anyway, even if it hadnt been called a travel. Pacers were owed a favorable call after that shot clock fuckup.
the call on LBJ was the right one, now that I saw the replay. Refs called a foul on Stephenson when Lebron stepped on his foot, so they manned up and called the same on Lebron when Lance got tripped up. fair is fair.

Who cares about that travel

They have to win game 5 and right now half the team looks broken. I did say I would be ok with a split so I gotta stay cool

HGH posterboy would have bricked that shot anyway, even if it hadnt been called a travel. Pacers were owed a favorable call after that shot clock fuckup.
the call on LBJ was the right one, now that I saw the replay. Refs called a foul on Stephenson when Lebron stepped on his foot, so they manned up and called the same on Lebron when Lance got tripped up. fair is fair.
lol you always hate wade.

They have to win game 5 and right now half the team looks broken. I did say I would be ok with a split so I gotta stay cool

That sounds more like it. That's why I go out for a drive or something when my team loses. Excuses just seem lame to me no matter where they're coming from. Personally, I don't want to dislike Heat fans ( Patriot fans are the only people I truly dislike ).

Edit: Speaking about good sound: http://youtu.be/ZW9DN9YnXgc here you go.

Bread

Banned
A step is only when your pivot foot goes up.

When he grabs the ball, his right foot is on the ground. He takes the left(first step) and it becomes his pivot foot, the right drag is a pivot. You have up to two steps when you catch in motion and if you stop on one, depending on how you stop you can pivot.
ok i gotcha, you're right on that. i still think he fucked up the step back though.

That sounds more like it. That's why I go out for a drive or something when my team loses. Excuses just seem lame to me no matter where they're coming from. Personally, I don't want to dislike Heat fans ( Patriot fans are the only people I truly dislike ).

Nobody is really making excuses, I can't speak for myself but there is just a lot of dumb shitty posting during games and it probably just put Heat fans over the edge to make us sound like we're complaining extra. There's trolling and lolling and then there's the annoying double standard people pull so everyone just seems a little extra combative because of all the dumb shit that goes in our fan base's direction.

Most of the people saying "told you so" this bullshit are saying all of that off wishful thinking.

Nobody is really making excuses, I can't speak for myself but there is just a lot of dumb shitty posting during games and it probably just put Heat fans over the edge to make us sound like we're complaining extra. There's trolling and lolling and then there's the annoying double standard people pull so everyone just seems a little extra combative because of all the dumb shit that goes in our fan base's direction.

Most of the people saying "told you so" this bullshit are saying all of that off wishful thinking.

Well, either way personally I don't have anything against ya'll yet. I may not like your team, but I don't have anything against your fanbase and I'm hoping for a good series.

More eargasmic music: http://youtu.be/hyx9-kWYjDI

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Heat forward LeBron James took exception to four of the six fouls called on him during a 99-92 Game 4 loss to the Pacers in the Eastern Conference finals on Tuesday.

Game 4 marked just the fifth time James has fouled out of an NBA game during his 10-year career and just the second time he has fouled out since joining the Heat in 2010.

“I didn’t believe it was an offensive foul,” James said. “I was going to set a screen, and I felt like I was stationary. And D‑Wade rejected the pick‑and‑roll. Lance actually ran into me.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u4t-wDuQOQ&feature=player_embedded

What you felt, and what actually happend, are quite different things, Mr. James.

lol. What a cock.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I never said I would use violence.

the dick?

krs-one-o.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Reggie is such a clown.

"It's almost like Stephens got lost, and tripped over James' foot."

Right, because HE STUCK HIS FOOT OUT and tripped him up you cunt.

Zeus Molecules

Reggie is such a clown.

"It's almost like Stephens got lost, and tripped over James' foot."

Right, because HE STUCK HIS FOOT OUT and tripped him up you cunt.

if Reggie Millar said that then you have to understand Reggie Millar is the most sarcastic troll analyst ever. You can hear it in his voice when he is saying some bullshit and he knows it and he's saying it just to have the opportunity to troll the viewers..... I don't know if he does it as an impression of his co-workers but I find it hilarious

exarkun

Reggie's superstar nut hugging is annoying. I like Reggie, but his "WOW" in his nasally (is it nasally?) voice whenever a superstar does something mundane for that level of talent makes me want to punch him in the face.

Free Throws in the ECF

Game 1
Pacers

Heat

Game 2
Pacers

Heat

Game 3

Pacers

Heat

Game 4
Pacers

Heat

I really don't want to hear about Stern called in or any other bullshit in this thread again.

You guys realize the total number of fouls has nothing to do with the insane flopping going on this series right?

Zeus Molecules

Reggie's superstar nut hugging is annoying. I like Reggie, but his "WOW" in his nasally (is it nasally?) voice whenever a superstar does something mundane for that level of talent makes me want to punch him in the face.

I don't know. I've always just assumed his tone was sarcastic when he said those things. Its hard for me to imagine Reggie as a nuthugger and it was always just him saying what was expected of him to say to be on TV.

In just arguing about the call. I won't blame an enitire games worth of missteps from us on that but it was bullshit. Especially since the three went in.

I'm not worried in the slightest about this series, as far as that goes.

B.O.O.M

Flopping is such an annoying thing to see in games like these. Anywho some bad calls going both ways in this one. I do think the refs got it right on the D Wade call

I'm not worried in the slightest about this series, as far as that goes.

We're on opposite ends in this regards then lol. I've already got nightmares about a Roy Hibbert game winner in game 5.

Even if we lose game 5 there's still game 6 but...god damn it, I would rather not take that roller coaster.

Top Bottom