• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

We're on opposite ends in this regards then lol. I've already got nightmares about a Roy Hibbert game winner in game 5.

Even if we lose game 5 there's still game 6 but...god damn it, I would rather not take that roller coaster.
It's the pacers man. Im more worried about our players breaking down than them beating us.

Now were talking about travels? Nobody was saying shit when LeBron traveled to win game 1.
Oh god stfu. He didn't

It's the pacers man. Im more worried about our players breaking down than them beating us.

well yeah then you should be as worried as I am

it just doesn't look good at all, at the end of fuckball awaits the spurs. but this is probably similar to how I felt same time last year

SoulPlaya

more money than God
well yeah then you should be as worried as I am

it just doesn't look good at all, at the end of fuckball awaits the spurs. but this is probably similar to how I felt same time last year
Stop it. No one's buying this. Heat are overwhelming favorites in both series. Enough.

Vahagn

We still talking about that Wade travel for pages and pages and Heat-Age aren't blaming the calls? PI literally says the Pacers don't win if Lebron doesn't foul out and Heat-Age aren't blaming the calls?

Some of you guys lost your damn minds.

I know Miami's gonna win game 5, but holy shit at the meltdowns this threads gonna have if Indiana pulls off the upset that game.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
That is an obvious travel. You take can step back jumper off the dribble but you can't dribble, fake, dribble, and then step back for a shot.

I absolutely hate Dwayne Wade. The guy has played like shit and he ends up on the ground EVERY time he takes a shot. Instead of getting back on defense he looks at the ref and begs for calls. Lebron is the only player the Heat have that has played good basketball on both sides of the court. Some of his blocks and steals have been incredible.

NBA-gaf is better when the Heat lose. And it is much better when I get to call up everyone who conveniently disappears when they win. I'm keeping the list, and I'm petty enough to prove it.

u care too much lol

anyways just wanted to stop by and say fuck the pacers but im at least glad miami got knick treatment

but still fuck fuckball lol go miami

Westlo

They've abandoned almost all of their offensive sets and that's on the coach. It looks like they're playing pick up basketball out there. I do NOT like them spotting up Bosh behind the three point line and I never have.

Why they don't run some of Bosh's old Toronto plays is fucking beyond me.

We still talking about that Wade travel for pages and pages and Heat-Age aren't blaming the calls? PI literally says the Pacers don't win if Lebron doesn't foul out and Heat-Age aren't blaming the calls?

Some of you guys lost your damn minds.

I know Miami's gonna win game 5, but holy shit at the meltdowns this threads gonna have if Indiana pulls off the upset that game.
We're arguing the call. Absolutely nobody has blamed the game on the calls. Learn to to read.

And saying that if Lebron didn't foul out we'd win is not blaming the call. Its saying that if Lebron didn't foul out, we'd win.
That is an obvious travel. You take can step back jumper off the dribble but you can't dribble, fake, dribble, and then step back for a shot.

He dribbled one time the whole play. And again, what you described would be a double dribble. If you want to call shit obvious then learn the freaking rules.

Tom Penny

Stern dun fucked up.

bronbronfouloutface.gif

They've abandoned almost all of their offensive sets and that's on the coach. It looks like they're playing pick up basketball out there. I do NOT like them spotting up Bosh behind the three point line and I never have.
No, this is all on the players

I would like to join the "blame spo" party but he knows what he wants. it's just up to his players to do what he asks (half the time they wait to get hit before responding/doing what he wants)

Vestal

No, this is all on the players

I would like to join the "blame spo" party but he knows what he wants. it's just up to his players to do what he asks (half the time they wait to get hit before responding/doing what he wants)

Its a collective thing though.. Spo IMO has made the mistake of sticking to the rotation even though Ray and Shane have been questionable at best. I would like to see Mike Miller in the game more. I believe Miller can be a factor in spacing our floor better, since I am pretty certain he is not on the same dry spell that both Shane and Ray are on.

The fouls through the game really killed us though. Bosh, Birdman and Wade with 3 fouls at the half was HORRIBLE for our defense.

You could make the argument that the fouls through out the game evened out at the end, but I still hold that the last 2 calls against the heat were absolutely horrible. As a ref you shouldn't make such questionable calls with less than a minute left in a close game. Let the play basically.

Also, someone should the PG never EVER raise your hand for a punch when you have already won the game. He just gave Shane Battier ammo for game 5.. I suspect Shane, Birdman and pretty much the entire non big 3 heat roster will make it a point to bump PG as much as possible, since he looks to be right on the edge.

The fouls weren't going to help but they really aren't the reason why this team played like trash. Offensive rebounding is really the biggest issue, and just sloppy basketball.

Nice to see all the critical vultures come out of the woodworks after game 5 (in other places) Although I guess Justin Timberlake's "silver medal" posts are really not that much better

Vestal

The fouls weren't going to help but they really aren't the reason why this team played like trash. Offensive rebounding is really the biggest issue, and just sloppy basketball.

Nice to see all the critical vultures come out of the woodworks after game 5 (in other places) Although I guess Justin Timberlake's "silver medal" posts are really not that much better

Chalmers kinda pissed me off a bit when lebron was on the block. He was staying at the top of the key instead of spreading out to the oposite wing, this allowed Hill to flash from the elbow on Lebron and allow an easier double team. Either that or go towards the base line, force hill to commit to lebron and get a wide open 3.

Chalmers kinda pissed me off a bit when lebron was on the block. He was staying at the top of the key instead of spreading out to the oposite wing, this allowed Hill to flash from the elbow on Lebron and allow an easier double team. Either that or go towards the base line, force hill to commit to lebron and get a wide open 3.

Chalmers has his wonderful moments but the Heat don't need anything spectacular, just a steady player there who understands where he needs to be. and that is the opposite of Wario.

Mike Miller would at least crash the boards and move the ball faster. battier and allen have been asssssss

Vestal

Chalmers has his wonderful moments but the Heat don't need anything spectacular, just a steady player there who understands where he needs to be. and that is the opposite of Wario.

Mike Miller would at least crash the boards and move the ball faster. battier and allen have been asssssss
I also think miller could give George a lot of fits, since Mike has that huge wingspan and can be a physical defender.

charsace

Which ever team makes it to the finals, they are gonna lose to the Spurs. Because If either of these teams had to face the grizzlies in a conference finals they would have lost.

I like when I tell people "Who would want to see the Pacers in the finals" and the reply is "anyone but the Heat!"

yeah except that the moment the Heat are out...those same people won't watch a second more of basketball

Which ever team makes it to the finals, they are gonna lose to the Spurs. Because If either of these teams had to face the grizzlies in a conference finals they would have lost.

oh yes our blessed savior! this guarantees a spurs loss in the finals

I feel like if the Heats shit shooting continues and Wade continues to be a player you can completely ignore then the Spurs have the veteran savy, players, and coaching to win.

But I'm concerned about dat finals sweat. Roleplayers who go there for the first time tend to lock up and if Kawhi and Danny are shook then they'll be in trouble.

Fjordson

I feel like if the Heats shit shooting continues and Wade continues to be a player you can completely ignore then the Spurs have the veteran savy, players, and coaching to win.

But I'm concerned about dat finals sweat. Roleplayers who go there for the first time tend to lock up and if Kawhi and Danny are shook then they'll be in trouble.
Agreed. Spurs have enough worthwhile players to beat the Heat. Just a matter of whether or not they can deliver.

As much as I'd love for that to happen, I worry a bit about Miami's shooting coming back. Wade sucks and I won't be at all shocked if he sucks for the rest of the year, but I will be somewhat shocked if guys like Allen and Battier continue to shoot so badly.

Though they'll also need Bosh to step up I think. Dude is averaging 14 ppg and only 3 boards on 46% shooting against Indiana.

3. All the talk, and all the analysis, will be about the Pacers out-rebounding the Heat,49-30, and out-scoring them in the paint, 39-25. Still, the settling stat for me is the Heat scoring three points in the final five minutes, as I wrote in my column today. In that stretch, they shot one-of-nine, had two turnovers and were outscored 10-3.

Completely disgraceful considering the Pacers were in bonus since the 8:00 mark. Yet there was 0 aggression.

Hopefully that changes game 5. Otherwise,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SMUPnkuslQ

We'll need that.

Wade has a nice thing going where he can blame a phantom knee injury every time he stinks it up

It's pretty clear his body is shot even when he has good performances. I can't believe you would even call that phantom but then again a lot of us seem to watch different things during the game.

A good offensive Wade game is now not turning the ball over but mostly short bank shots, floaters, transition layups. Now it seems he can't really get to the rim and finish over bigger guys or even be the pick and roll ball handler terror he used to be.

Wade is probably the most beta superstar in the history of basketball.

I can't think of another superstar who completely changed the way he played basketball in order to completely suit a guys talents that he recruited to come into his town and steal everything he had--his role, his status, everthing.

When a superstar recruits another superstar to come in and steal his role (it may not happen again in our lifetime) it will henceforth be known as "Pulling a Wade."

He's a great player and everything, definitely a top 5 SG all time, but he's the ultimate Robin to me now.

Top Bottom