• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

JohnsonUT

This is the first time I am seeing the Wade travel. Is this the first time he has ever been called on that play? He does it all the time and it never gets called. (I am not sure if it is technically travelling or not)

Duncan has a move that never gets called either that looks like travelling to me. When Spurs bring it up the court, they pass it to Duncan at the top of the key and he will often take 2 to 2.5 steps before stopping.

Fjordson

That Wade call has me a little stumped for some reason. Live I was practically cheering that they called it on Wade. Seemed so obvious.

But watching the replay a few times I'm really not so sure. The move looks so awkward, I dunno.

This is stupid. All you Heat fans complaining about fouls and shit are just ridiculous. It's like, do you guys really not remember the 06 Finals? All people want to talk about is how Dirk chocked, but I'm pretty sure that was probably the worst officiated series in NBA history. Now all of a sudden that it's not going in your favor, everyone wants to cry. Even the media want to make a big deal because their beloved Heat aren't getting the calls they normally do, which mind you, shouldn't be called in the first place. Suck it up like the rest of us do, only you guys get to have the refs on your teams side almost every game.

Vestal

This is stupid. All you Heat fans complaining about fouls and shit are just ridiculous. It's like, do you guys really not remember the 06 Finals? All people want to talk about is how Dirk chocked, but I'm pretty sure that was probably the worst officiated series in NBA history. Now all of a sudden that it's not going in your favor, everyone wants to cry. Even the media want to make a big deal because their beloved Heat aren't getting the calls they normally do, which mind you, shouldn't be called in the first place. Suck it up like the rest of us do, only you guys get to have the refs on your teams side almost every game.

Oh those salty 06 tears.... Sorry worst officiated series in modern history was Sac vs LA ... NO CONTEST...

What so everyone can complain about officiating when it goes the heats way, but when it goes against us and it can be shown on a replay of a play that probably closed that game we are crying?!?!? Oh internetz never change.

LOL

lol miami fans bitching about calls. this is hilarious. especially right after indiana got robbed of that possession when the ball went off ray

also, i foresee a long lifespan for this gif
iPHWHzF8YNoIq.gif

h1nch

Oh those salty 06 tears.... Sorry worst officiated series in modern history was Sac vs LA ... NO CONTEST...

What so everyone can complain about officiating when it goes the heats way, but when it goes against us and it can be shown on a replay of a play that probably closed that game we are crying?!?!? Oh internetz never change.

LOL

Yes, that's right. Call it a 'The Decision' tax.

I think Kobe is ahead of Duncan right now but if Duncan defeats the enemy of modern day basketball in the Heat is there anyway to put Kobe above him on top 15 lists?

Vestal

lol miami fans bitching about calls. this is hilarious. especially right after indiana got robbed of that possession when the ball went off ray

also, i foresee a long lifespan for this gif
iPHWHzF8YNoIq.gif

It was inconclusive.. Look at it from all angles and it was not clear whether West touched it or not.. If a review is inconclusive then the call on the court stands.

In every angle it looked like ray did touch it, however from every angle it also appeared the ball rubbed off of west either from his hand, thigh or calf.

LOL

It ALWAYS goes the Heats way, that's why people get upset. This is the first series that I can remember where the other team is actually getting favorable calls in games. Now most of the Heat fans want to complain like it's some sort of revelation that the league has shitty refs. As a matter of fact, in regards to the 06 Finals, I know a lot of Heat fans that don't acknowledge they had the extreme bias on their side from the refs, even though there's Youtube videos of phantom calls showing exactly how ridiculous the calls were.

I don't care about the 06 Finals anymore, I was just using that as example because it was a very poorly reffed series.

Emwitus

I think Kobe is ahead of Duncan right now but if Duncan defeats the enemy of modern day basketball in the Heat is there anyway to put Kobe above him on top 15 lists?

No...Too bad he won't get the chance because mvp hibbert will destroy the heat. Also, Dirk has one of the top 5 performances all time in 2011. Made all the sweeter by destroying the marvel super heros.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Heat are probably favourites against the Spurs but after the way SA dispatched the Grizz and the Heat are struggling with Indy it's far from overwhelming.
The Grizz are one of the most unathletic teams in the NBA. The Heat are completely different, and they'll beat up SA.

Of course it's not a travel. And the flicking three that cuts it to 1 goes in.

Wade is probably the most beta superstar in the history of basketball.

I can't think of another superstar who completely changed the way he played basketball in order to completely suit a guys talents that he recruited to come into his town and steal everything he had--his role, his status, everthing.

When a superstar recruits another superstar to come in and steal his role (it may not happen again in our lifetime) it will henceforth be known as "Pulling a Wade."

He's a great player and everything, definitely a top 5 SG all time, but he's the ultimate Robin to me now.

You trying way too hard.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wouldn't you guys rather see the Heat vanquished by Timmy and them boys than by the Pacers?

I mean, Pacers Spurs finals... bleh.

Shadow780

Wouldn't you guys rather see the Heat vanquished by Timmy and them boys than by the Pacers?

I mean, Pacers Spurs finals... bleh.

I only want the Heat because it'll be more competitive, on the other hand I sooooo want to see a Sternrage.gif when the Heat loses to Pacers.

get your whiny ass out of here, there isn't a single Heat fan here who blames those fouls on the reason we lost the way your bitchy ass fanbase did when it came to that series.

nobody heard crying about officials till after game 5, suddenly everything is tainted. GTFO and enjoy the the hypotheticals of the Mavs off-season the way I will.

get your whiny ass out of here, there isn't a single Heat fan here who blames those fouls on the reason we lost the way your bitchy ass fanbase did when it came to that series.

nobody heard crying about officials till after game 5, suddenly everything is tainted. GTFO and enjoy the the hypotheticals of the Mavs off-season the way I will.

Oh please, why are Heat fans making such a big deal about the refs then? If you truly believe the refs aren't the reason for losing then no one would bring this up. Taking into account the reaction you guys have right now, I'd hate to see how yall would have acted if your team got the ref treatment the Mavs did. And no, I was complaining constantly about the refs because it happened all series long. Heat should have asterisks next to both Final wins.

Emwitus

Oh, don't worry you'll be enjoying one soon too.

Grantland said:
Hibbert has gone for 20 points and 10 boards in three of the four games in this series; he did that just seven times the entire regular season, and he went for 19 and nine in the one game this series that he missed the arbitrary round-number benchmark. And his defense hasn’t missed a beat, either.
I was joining the chorus of people calling this guy an overpaid bum through the regular season (12 ppg on 44% shooting) now Im fucking mystified. He's been completely different since that catfight with David Lee and the Warriors, lol.

KingGondo

Banned
I actually like the Pacers (unlike most here), and I want the Spurs to chip. Therefore I want a Spurs-Pacers Finals.

Also, Indy making the Finals gives them a better shot at signing a guy like CP3 this summer.

-CRASH-

Banned
dont like the pacers. been hatin on them this whole season.

that said, theyre doing god's work. finish the job? they earn my respect

Does LeBron's head grow bigger in his final form?

Nope.

Wade went USSJ during the olympics and his jaw and entire body got swole as fuck. He's regressed since though.

Bron saw that Wades transformation while potent in the short term was not reliable in the long term and achieved SSJ2 last year.

Oh please, why are Heat fans making such a big deal about the refs then? If you truly believe the refs aren't the reason for losing then no one would bring this up. Taking into account the reaction you guys have right now, I'd hate to see how yall would have acted if your team got the ref treatment the Mavs did. And no, I was complaining constantly about the refs because it happened all series long. Heat should have asterisks next to both Final wins.

Heat fans....where!?!?!?

Everybody is arguing whether that's a travel call or not. Nobody (except Shadow) thinks it was even going to really affect the game being down 4 at that point.

The large majority of posters in here want to see the Heat lose and it's pretty obvious. That's fine, we all need something to root for. But the double standards are hilarious. Even dudes like Black Mamba, Effzee, and Ninja are tired of seeing this shit. When the Heat get a favorable call SHIT'S RIGGED FUCK THIS LEAGUE. When they get a call against them all you see in here are LOLs and FUCK THE HEAT. All we did last night was point out the ridiculous double standards. Again, I'm not really seeing how you call what we've posted as "making a big deal about the refs"---not everybody sees things like a Mavs fan.

Thanks for glossing over all the other posts though.

Bread

Banned
I actually like the Pacers (unlike most here), and I want the Spurs to chip. Therefore I want a Spurs-Pacers Finals.

Also, Indy making the Finals gives them a better shot at signing a guy like CP3 this summer.
can they afford him and west? their frontcourt will be trash if they don't sign a decent pf.

Heat fans....where!?!?!?

Everybody is arguing whether that's a travel call or not. Nobody (except Shadow) thinks it was even going to really affect the game being down 4 at that point.

The large majority of posters in here want to see the Heat lose and it's pretty obvious. That's fine, we all need something to root for. But the double standards are hilarious. Even dudes like Black Mamba, Effzee, and Ninja are tired of seeing this shit. When the Heat get a favorable call SHIT'S RIGGED FUCK THIS LEAGUE. When they get a call against them all you see in here are LOLs and FUCK THE HEAT. All we did last night was point out the ridiculous double standards. Again, I'm not really seeing how you call what we've posted as "making a big deal about the refs"---not everybody sees things like a Mavs fan.

It's annoying but you're the team with the target on your back. Every great team goes through it. MJ's bulls went through it, Shaq/Kobe Lakers did, Spurs, now you. The more superstars a team has and the more successful that team is the more folks of opposing teams will think the league is rigged in that teams favor.

Emwitus

Heat fans....where!?!?!?

Thanks for glossing over all the other posts though.

ofcourse.

KingGondo

Banned
can they afford him and west? their frontcourt will be trash if they don't sign a decent pf.
Don't know. I have to think it would be worth losing West to have a CP3, Paul George, Hibbert core moving forward though. Or maybe West and CP3 would each take a bit less to make the numbers work and play together again.

No one in their right goddamn mind wants to see The Pacers in The Finals.

It's annoying but you're the team with the target on your back. Every great team goes through it. MJ's bulls went through it, Shaq/Kobe Lakers did, Spurs, now you. The more superstars a team has and the more successful that team is the more folks of opposing teams will think the league is rigged in that teams favor.

I've got no problem with people rooting against my team, that's what makes stuff fun, it's just the laugh out loud double standards and straw man posting or peoples inability to read what people are actually trying to say that makes it frustrating.

Whatever, it'd be a boring world without some conflict.

I've got no problem with people rooting against my team, that's what makes stuff fun, it's just the laugh out loud double standards and straw man posting or peoples inability to read what people are actually trying to say that makes it frustrating.

Whatever, it'd be a boring world without some conflict.

Yea I understand. But like I said, fans of other great teams have experienced it before you and will experience it after. The Patriots, Yankees, Cowboys, etc all experienced it.

Holy shit some posters in here need to calm
the fuck down. Seems like we cant complain about ANYTHING and that we should just shut up because our team is hated on

Top Bottom