• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

True, but I dunno.

After the instant rejection of Nazr, the fact that they had to review this to even upgrade it to a flagrant makes me skeptical.

It was a flagrant to start with. They couldn't review it otherwise.

It was down to whether they wanted to upgrade it to 2.

Fjordson

Ah, my bad. I think Reggie was saying it wrong or I misheard it.

Not that it really matters in the end. I'd like to see the league be consistent with this sort of thing, but as far as affecting the actual game Birdman is pretty minor.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Pacers are way too inexperience to capitalize on the Heat's weakness in the 1st half.

But man, this is going to be a brutal but hilarious finals if the Heat think they can pull this shit against the Spurs. Pops is going to run laps around a team that thinks it can get away with playing like shit for 3 quarters and bet everything on LeBron going crazy for 1 quarter.

Heat fans I think it is time we have a serious talk about Wade. I have been one to say Wade has a free pass to play his entire career here. If this crap continues how can we keep just thinking Wade will be ok, "Its just an injury he will get better". Well if that is the case he is still made of glass, every year this happens. I do believe he still has some greatness in him but he is not consistent enough to put our future on him when the contracts are up. So what is going to happen, do we really let Wade go, could you even see this organization do that to him?

Yeah I am looking way ahead, just seeing him like this is bumming me out. I am running out of excuses to make myself think he will return to Wade.
I'm willing to give him at least one more season to show us the Wade of old but yea offensively he's not doing it. I kinda love how he is still doing things defensively but that's not really what we're paying him for

rando14

Pacers are way too inexperience to capitalize on the Heat's weakness in the 1st half.

But man, this is going to be a brutal but hilarious finals if the Heat think they can pull this shit against the Spurs. Pops is going to run laps around a team that thinks it can get away with playing like shit for 3 quarters and bet everything on LeBron going crazy for 1 quarter.

This isn't even Miami's final form

i expect spurs to be firing on all cylinders

I don't think Indiana's issues have to do with lack of experience: Their perimeter players just have terrible skill sets offensively.

effzee

I think Wade is being too hesitant when he has open looks. Just take the jumper or open lane. Instead he looks for the fake, double move, or difficult pass.

Haslem hit his shots again but I still contend that he would be better off at least attempting to rebound. He had 3 tonight. Won't cut it game 6. Bosh needs to get some post plays called for him.

Birdman should be suspended since he wasn't thrown out. Pacers take game 6 unless LeBron decides to play how he did in the 3rd quarter from the start of the game. He needs to get under his own teammates butts from the start.

If Birdman is out does Rashard Lewis get some minutes?

Nori Chan

heat in 5 vs the spurs

image.php

Knox

Heat fans I think it is time we have a serious talk about Wade. I have been one to say Wade has a free pass to play his entire career here. If this crap continues how can we keep just thinking Wade will be ok, "Its just an injury he will get better". Well if that is the case he is still made of glass, every year this happens. I do believe he still has some greatness in him but he is not consistent enough to put our future on him when the contracts are up. So what is going to happen, do we really let Wade go, could you even see this organization do that to him?

Yeah I am looking way ahead, just seeing him like this is bumming me out. I am running out of excuses to make myself think he will return to Wade.

The Heat still have Bosh, who's capable of doing more than spreading the floor and shooting jumpers. I think in the coming years he's going to become the second option. Wade will be able to turn it on in bursts, but won't be relied on as much. Bosh is only 29, and as a big man his game should age better than a speedy guard.

well it might be a repeat of last years final if pop double teams Lebron and he kicks out to finals battier or game 5 god miller and now lol ray can hit.

Shard gonna hit 3's

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...angeles-clippers-factor-impending-free-agency

Chris Paul is upset with the Los Angeles Clippers organization because he is being widely blamed for the firing of Vinny Del Negro as the Clippers' coach, according to a source close to the situation.

How much of an impact this will have on Paul's decision to re-sign with the Clippers as a free agent is not clear, but the source conceded that Paul's anger could lead him to look elsewhere.

"He's angry right now and his anger is directed toward the Clippers organization," the source said. "Chris is a man of principle and if he feels like you've gone against his principles, it will affect how he feels about you. He's very agitated that his name has been put out there as the reason for Vinny's firing. He had nothing to do with it."

b17f4bc3-83cc-420a-985e-4bda863addde_zps662286fd.jpg

J2 Cool

Indiana could be sick with CP3. Nice dream scenario to imagine, and some good rivalry ammo for Eastern Conference.

Anyway, Indiana looks done. From quotes after the game, they just seem resigned to their fate. David West saying its going to be tough to win another game, Vogel calling the Heat one of the greatest teams ever (backhanded as a compliment to his own team). It's over. Look forward to seeing Heat/Spurs, as well-coached as the Spurs are and as good as they play as a team offense. Had enough of watching Indiana's broken offense, it was a matter of time until Lebron went off. Good series though, was competitive for awhile.

I'm excited that the Spurs are going to make Miami really put it all together to have a chance (which means Bosh and Wade have to wake up). Don't see them holding the Spurs in the 80's. A Bosh/Duncan matchup is exciting too. We were teased with a meaningful Spurs/Heat game during the streak, now we'll actually get it.

SamuraiX-

Houston trying to get rid of T-Rob to clear cap space for free agents?

When was the last time a 5th pick was traded and then waived/traded again because he's not worth any amount of money he's being paid on his rookie contract?

Exactly. He sees Wade breaking down and Bosh afraid to get near the lane. Riley's reign is ova. Nerlens Noel, Kyrie and Bron = new big 3.
man, Riles is gonna get Kyrie and Noel to come to Miami? sweet.

not over yet,protect homecourt and force a game 7.then anything can happen.
u scared? avatar bet me. If pacers win game 6 you get my avi till next years playoffs. If I win, it cancels our current bet.

thekad

Banned
Houston trying to get rid of T-Rob to clear cap space for free agents?

When was the last time a 5th pick was traded and then waived/traded again because he's not worth any amount of money he's being paid on his rookie contract?

Uh what. Those two rhetorical questions contradict.

Fjordson

Figured Robinson was a bad pick at 5. Especially after watching UK own him twice last year. Though hard to totally blame him since the move is for Dwight and he's just a rookie. Still, possibly heading to a third team after one year ain't a great look.

Anyways, Rockets don't need him with Terrence Jones on the roster teachin the league bout Kentucky.

Juwan Howard was the man that inspired the Heat for the win. They say he gave a great speech and threw shit around at halftime. Thats hilarious.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Juwan Howard was the man that inspired the Heat for the win. They say he gave a great speech and threw shit around at halftime. Thats hilarious.

I mean shit I can see that imagine sitting on that bench waiting for another ring ... damn near expecting it last week ... and then having to watch those young whipper snappers out there not working for your second ring.... I would throw some shit too....

Just curious, but is there a way to watch the playoffs in the Jordan years and see whether or not refs were slighted to give calls more his way the way people have perceived refs do nowadays with NBA stars (namely, LeBron)?

The Sacramento Kings' decision to hire Michael Malone as their next head coach should improve their chances of signing guard Monta Ellis in free agency, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Ellis plans to opt out of the $11 million final year of his contract with the Bucks to become a free agent this summer, the source said. Ellis became acquainted with Malone, an assistant on Mark Jackson's Golden State Warriors' staff, during his last season in Golden State before he was traded to Milwaukee. During that brief time, Ellis quickly gained a great deal of respect for Malone's basketball IQ and his ability to teach and relate to players.

The Kings were recently purchased by an ownership group led by former Warriors minority owner Vivek Ranadive. Ellis averaged 19.2 points and six assists last season for the Bucks and averaged more than 20 points in each of his last three seasons with the Warriors.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also:

Chris Paul is upset with the Los Angeles Clippers organization because he is being widely blamed for the firing of Vinny Del Negro as coach, according to a source close to the situation.

How much of an impact this will have on Paul's decision to re-sign with the Clippers as a free agent is not clear, but the source conceded that Paul's anger could lead him to look elsewhere.

"He's angry right now and his anger is directed toward the Clippers organization," the source said. "Chris is a man of principle and if he feels like you've gone against his principles, it will affect how he feels about you. He's very agitated that his name has been put out there as the reason for Vinny's firing. He had nothing to do with it."

It has been widely assumed that Paul will re-sign with the Clippers this summer. He often has spoken as if it's a foregone conclusion.

LMAO

From that same Chris Paul article:

Sterling was asked by the Times if Del Negro was fired "just to hang on to Chris Paul."

Sterling said: "I always want to be honest and not say anything that is not true. So I'd rather not say anything. But you know, the coach did a really good job. I think he did. And I liked working with him. There are just factors that make life very complicated and very challenging."

The Times then asked Sterling if it was "off base" to say the "players are now calling the shots."

"No, you're not off base," Sterling said. "This is a players' league, and, unfortunately, if you want to win, you have to make the players happy."

Sterling later told the Times, "If you have special players, and special players think that they know the best opportunity to win, you have to support them."

Sterling is such a sleazy asshole.

Just curious, but is there a way to watch the playoffs in the Jordan years and see whether or not refs were slighted to give calls more his way the way people have perceived refs do nowadays with NBA stars (namely, LeBron)?
YouTube if you don't feel like buying DVDs. Or Torrents, but I don't know the legality.

Top Bottom