• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Fjordson

What about the Howard to Golden State rumours? I'm really ignorant when it comes to financial stuff. Is there any chance of that becoming a reality?

Westlo

Heat fans I think it is time we have a serious talk about Wade. I have been one to say Wade has a free pass to play his entire career here. If this crap continues how can we keep just thinking Wade will be ok, "Its just an injury he will get better". Well if that is the case he is still made of glass, every year this happens. I do believe he still has some greatness in him but he is not consistent enough to put our future on him when the contracts are up. So what is going to happen, do we really let Wade go, could you even see this organization do that to him?

Yeah I am looking way ahead, just seeing him like this is bumming me out. I am running out of excuses to make myself think he will return to Wade.

It's not about us letting him go, as certain as Bron and Bosh opting out is, why would Wade opt out at this stage? Would he get a better deal than the one he's locked into?

And yeah after seeing Prime Wade carry fucking Beasley and bums to what we're seeing now, shit feels bad.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
From that same Chris Paul article:

Sterling is such a sleazy asshole.

I mean its Sterling. The man gave up having shame or common sense a long time ago. CP3 was probably looking to walk when they couldn't get out the first round but if he wasn't this has got to have him considering it now.

giri

I mean, it should also be noted, that, Chris Paul is a huge fucking douche. He spent time undermining VDN. Contributed to him being Fired. Stated "you need to hire a black coach so i can relate".

Then wants to say he's a man of principal? he may hold true to his own principals, but they're pretty shitty principals of not owning up to your own doings.

I've said it for while, on court, he's great. I just don't think CP3 is a great player to have in your organization. And he infects those around him.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What's he say that was wrong? and he didn't say Cp3.

It should be noted, Blake hated VDN more than CP3 did.

I mean, it should also be noted, that, Chris Paul is a huge fucking douche. He spent time undermining VDN. Contributed to him being Fired. Stated "you need to hire a black coach so i can relate".

Then wants to say he's a man of principal? he may hold true to his own principals, but they're pretty shitty principals of not owning up to your own doings.

I've said it for while, on court, he's great. I just don't think CP3 is a great player to have in your organization. And he infects those around him.

Come on look at it from CP3's POV. There is a little scandal about the coach being fired (even though let's be honest everyone knows he sucks) and instead of Sterling taking blame or saying his GM made the call.

You then make a wink and a smile innuendo that make CP3 the bad guy in the media. All this is just dumb in and of itself, but becomes even dumber especially after that rumor CP3 said he wanted to only play for a black coach..... Its sleazy and dumb and fits in perfectly with who sterling always has been a sleazeball. Like I said CP3 has to really decide if its worth the trouble cause sterling isn't going to change.

pilonv1

I can't blame him completely because his coach was Del Negro. It's not like he got Jerry Sloan fired

Fjordson

Kinda with giri, CP 3 seems like a grade A asshole to be honest.

Not that Sterling is a good guy or anything, though. And VDN is kinda shitty.

giri

I can't blame him completely because his coach was Del Negro. It's not like he got Jerry Sloan fired

True. And i'm not saying VDN was a master piece of a coach. But when there was apparently open animosity between blake+dj vs CP3, vdn and billups were the only ones that could get them to communicate.

It's just amusing how high and mighty CP3 wants to try and act, when really, he's pulling as many douche bag moves as he can at any one point in time.

Come on look at it from CP3's POV. There is a little scandal about the coach being fired (even though let's be honest everyone knows he sucks) and instead of Sterling taking blame or saying his GM made the call.

You then make a wink and a smile innuendo that make CP3 the bad guy in the media. All this is just dumb in and of itself, but becomes even dumber especially after that rumor CP3 said he wanted to only play for a black coach..... Its sleazy and dumb and fits in perfectly with who sterling always has been a sleazeball. Like I said CP3 has to really decide if its worth the trouble cause sterling isn't going to change.

Are you trying to lay the blame for CP3's own statements at the feet of Sterling?

CP3 said that shit, not Sterling. Being a man of strong principals, i assume he'll openly admit to it when confronted about it and not release through backdoor media sources that he' angsty as a 14y.o. listening to nirvana.

Knew Paul wold be upset after reading the Sterling comments. He's so dumb. You leave players out on a limb when you don't want them back, not when you hope they re-sign. This type of foolishness deserves to be paid back by signing with someone else.

Birdman's block again Hansborough was so damn hot. I'm sure Hans is still crying.

That altercation between them two, Hans looked scared. When your thugs are scared who else is there. Surely can't expect other players who contribute more to sacrifice them self. Indiana had a bad half but I still think they have some fight left. From the beginning they've been counted out but they've been competitive thus far.

Miami has a pretty deep team. Battier and Allen have been fucking worthless and they're still up. Wade and Bosh have been virtual no shows too. Lebron's three point shooting is greatly improved and when he's hitting threes there's no way to guard him.

Vestal

If and when we get through indiana it will be a huge relief. We always look horrible playing them due to their size and matchup problems they bring.

Those who think that SA can disrupt Miamis offense like Indiana has done are sadly mistaken.

Blablurn

If and when we get through indiana it will be a huge relief. We always look horrible playing them due to their size and matchup problems they bring.

Those who think that SA can disrupt Miamis offense like Indiana has done are sadly mistaken.

i really hope u r right.

What's he say that was wrong? and he didn't say Cp3.

It should be noted, Blake hated VDN more than CP3 did.

CP3 is most definitely an asshole, but you don't leave your star players out to dry and blame the coach getting fired on them. Sterling's probably only crying over VDN because he was cheap.

Wade would look bad even against the worst team right now

Vestal

Whatever it takes to chip. If Lebron has to carry us then so be it. Its pretty obvious that the bone bruise is bothering him a lot. But he is still can cause havoc on the Defensive end, and will have bursts of brilliance during a game.

Wade played badly for the majority of last year's playoffs as well. Outside of a couple outbursts against Indiana when the Heat were down in the series, he was sub-par for most of last year's playoffs. Maybe not quite this bad, but still not "Flash" status. I'm not sure Wade really has much left in the tank altogether. I could see him playing two more years, but not much more.

Bosh missed the second half of the Indiana series last year with an ab injury and played in the Finals against OKC not at 100% as well. He did his part in the Finals however. All the Heat really need out of him is rebounds. That will by default, drive his scoring up, and drive the Heat's offense whether it's him scoring off it or not. Which he is utterly failing to do. But the Heat are still up 3-2. Despite both Wade and Bosh's shortcomings.

effzee

Wade played badly for the majority of last year's playoffs as well. Outside of a couple outbursts against Indiana when the Heat were down in the series, he was sub-par for most of last year's playoffs. Maybe not quite this bad, but still not "Flash" status. I'm not sure Wade really has much left in the tank altogether. I could see him playing two more years, but not much more.

Bosh missed the second half of the Indiana series last year with an ab injury and played in the Finals against OKC not at 100% as well. He did his part in the Finals however. All the Heat really need out of him is rebounds. That will by default, drive his scoring up, and drive the Heat's offense whether it's him scoring off it or not. Which he is utterly failing to do. But the Heat are still up 3-2. Despite both Wade and Bosh's shortcomings.

Wade's shortcomings might be his injury/pain tolerance.

Bosh's problems seem to be the result of the scheme. Both Bosh and Haslem, their starting "big men", are not in the paint and usually far out waiting for passes for open jumpers. In theory this is great, spaces the D out, and opens up lanes for LeBron/Wade.

But if Wade is not ON, LeBron is not being aggressive as a result of Hibbert and Indiana's D, it doesn't help that no one is in deep to even attempt to rebound. Just to throw Indiana off, I would love to see Miami change it up for the opening minutes a bit by running some low post plays with Bosh as the primary focus. Gets his involved, down low where he can draw fouls, and forces Indiana to rething their game plan. LeBron and even Wade can go off at any time, but they need to call plays for Bosh for him to get going. His only offense so far seems to be to wait for that extra pass and attempt a long range jumper or 3. He can do so much more.

Wade's shortcomings might be his injury/pain tolerance.

Bosh's problems seem to be the result of the scheme. Both Bosh and Haslem, their starting "big men", are not in the paint and usually far out waiting for passes for open jumpers. In theory this is great, spaces the D out, and opens up lanes for LeBron/Wade.

But if Wade is not ON, LeBron is not being aggressive as a result of Hibbert and Indiana's D, it doesn't help that no one is in deep to even attempt to rebound. Just to throw Indiana off, I would love to see Miami change it up for the opening minutes a bit by running some low post plays with Bosh as the primary focus. Gets his involved, down low where he can draw fouls, and forces Indiana to rething their game plan. LeBron and even Wade can go off at any time, but they need to call plays for Bosh for him to get going. His only offense so far seems to be to wait for that extra pass and attempt a long range jumper or 3. He can do so much more.

Well one of his shortcomings right now and it's really obvious is that he doesn't trust his shot ANYWHERE on the court. Hell, he flails his legs like a n00b in the gym when he's shot cause I think he's forgotten how to shoot. He had a stretch in his career where his jumper looked a lot more balanced and it looked decent but right now he looks like a poor man's Tony Allen.

He passes out of every potential midrange pull up he can with the dumb jump in the air and pass move. I've hated that shit since it became obvious it was a habit of his.

I agree on the Bosh stuff though, it seems like our system is too LeBron oriented. I really don't see the harm in a few Bosh isos, because it's not like dribbling and playing hot potato till the ball comes back to LeBron or Mario who are forced to make an irrational move, is any better.

effzee

Well one of his shortcomings right now and it's really obvious is that he doesn't trust his shot ANYWHERE on the court. Hell, he flails his legs like a n00b in the gym when he's shot cause I think he's forgotten how to shoot. He had a stretch in his career where his jumper looked a lot more balanced and it looked decent but right now he looks like a poor man's Tony Allen.

He passes out of every potential midrange pull up he can with the dumb jump in the air and pass move. I've hated that shit since it became obvious it was a habit of his.

I agree on the Bosh stuff though, it seems like our system is too LeBron oriented. I really don't see the harm in a few Bosh isos, because it's not like dribbling and playing hot potato till the ball comes back to LeBron or Mario who are forced to make an irrational move, is any better.

Yeah but I assume Wade's hesitance to shoot is related to his inability to drive and finish. His jumper was always his 3rd or 4th best weapon and now its really his only option which doesn't inspire much confidence.

Bosh getting some plays called plus some slashers and cutting to the rim would be huge for this team. No one seems to cut. Everyone is around the 3 point line while LeBron does his thing. Post Bosh up, let Wade or LBJ cut, and allow Bosh to either post up for his own or pass out of the post. LBJ also needs to just take it to the rim like he did when he decided to just go all out with spin moves and look to finish at the rim.

KingGondo

Banned
birdman is a bitch.

but so is psycho T
Hansborough didn't do shit in this situation. He actually handled himself well.

Andersen should be suspended. Not only did he provoke him with a cheap shot, he continued to egg him on and then shoved him when he didn't back down.

Hansborough's T should be rescinded too.

It'll be interesting to see Pop's defensive adjustments against the Heat. Obviously Leonard will be the primary defender, but I wonder how much he'll be defending Lebron one on one. Pop might be watching this series and thinking "We're gonna let Lebron score 40 every game and not let the role players get off at all" or "We're going to double with Wade's man everytime if possible." I dunno. I would bet on them making Lebron run through as many screens as possible though

Agree with Birdman being suspended. Horrible prescedent being set that you can hip check a guy who isn't looking to the ground, then when he gets up get in his face and push him and only get a tech.

exarkun

Birdman should be suspended for a game. It's ridiculous that the league hasn't looked at that yet.

Fake edit: damn you faze and gondo, you read my mind!

Birdman should be suspended for a game. It's ridiculous that the league hasn't looked at that yet.

Fake edit: damn you faze and gondo, you read my mind!

lol it's 10 AM the next morning

it's not like this shit is done overnight

It'll be interesting to see Pop's defensive adjustments against the Heat. Obviously Leonard will be the primary defender, but I wonder how much he'll be defending Lebron one on one. Pop might be watching this series and thinking "We're gonna let Lebron score 40 every game and not let the role players get off at all" or "We're going to double with Wade's man everytime if possible." I dunno. I would bet on them making Lebron run through as many screens as possible though

pacers are still not out of this

as much as it pains me to say that

Just do exactly what the Pacers are doing except not be fucking terrible on offense and you probably win the games by 10+

PBY

Banned

The jump pass is so bad. I actually kind of like that he doesn't take those jumpers tho- it's a bad, inefficient shot, and every time he takes it it's a win for the defense.

dalVlatko

tItqBOE.png

Lebron needs more help

All I know is that "psycho T" looked hella shook when birdman was in his grill. Wouldn't no more fuckery from him the rest of the night. Fuck em.
Agree with Birdman being suspended. Horrible prescedent being set that you can hip check a guy who isn't looking to the ground, then when he gets up get in his face and push him and only get a tech.
"Precedent"? This aint no court house. Refs do what they want

By "shit stuffed" you mean suckerpunched from behind for no reason?

And everyone wonders why we think Heat fans are douchebags.

Know what's pretty douchey? When you argue against one guy and then call everybody else not involved in the conversation a douche

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Know what's pretty douchey? When you argue against one guy and then call everybody else not involved in the conversation a douche

And yet here you are calling me out and acting offended for something I said instead of for shit he said. Please, don't go out of your way.

And yet here you are calling me out and acting offended for something I said instead of for shit he said. Please, don't go out of your way.

Because it is a douchebag move and it's stupid. It'd be like me saying "Reilo loves to complain about the refs, typical Blazers fan!"

Please though, continue to try to deflect the douchiness elsewhere.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Because it is a douchebag move and it's stupid. It'd be like me saying "Reilo loves to complain about the refs, typical Blazers fan!"

Please though, continue to try to deflect the douchiness elsewhere.

You never ever fucking call out any Heat fans for the shit they say. Instead you just Frankman it up and hop on whoever else's dick whenever they call out Heat-age.

You never ever fucking call out any Heat fans for the shit they say. Instead you just Frankman it up and hop on whoever else's dick whenever they call out Heat-age.

God damn dude

you're angry today

go have a beer in downtown Portland or something

At least we aren't stuck with that horsepiss Shiner Bock as our best beer.

It's a lot better than the IPA pony shit from Oregon that I've had to taste

But still, every Heat fan in here was calling Birdman a fucking idiot and that he was lucky he wasn't ejected. Keep labeling ALL heat fans though!

Top Bottom