• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
No. I just think he's funny.

rkKzUou.gif

Hansborough didn't do shit in this situation. He actually handled himself well.

Andersen should be suspended. Not only did he provoke him with a cheap shot, he continued to egg him on and then shoved him when he didn't back down.

Hansborough's T should be rescinded too.

i think hansbrough should have flopped and sold the shit out of that. but then he would have gotten a fine or some bullshit. its ridiculous. double technical lol okay.

george needs to put him on another poster or two

Did you grow up with brothers? Fighting is the best way to work things out.

Yeah, older brother by 5 years and a lot of his friends basically. Never been in a fight with anyone lol.

I'm pretty sure if you put us all together we'd get along fine. I have my moments with others here and there but at the end of the day we're all good. I've thrown some shots at you too but I'm sure you're a good dude too. We're just very passionate about our like and hate.

Still, the only time 'real talk' here happens is mid-day if we aren't having list wars or some other dumb shit like that. Otherwise during game-time it's just everybody spewing out whatever goes through their head first.

Lol yeah, I just like to goof around on here. I probably spend more time talking on Gaf to people I don't really know then I do talking to my RL friends since none of them care about basketball. Get us all together in a bar and I'm sure it'd be a hell of a time watchin games.

Speaking of that, I actually wish Gaf had a bar. A place I could go visit on vacation sometime an hit it up with people from gaf. I'm always down for a drink.

Are any of the Heat fans here even located in Florida? or you like my LA friends who where on Jordan's jock even though we live 2,077 thousand miles away from Chicago.

Are any of the Heat fans here even located in Florida? or you like my LA friends who where on Jordan's jock even though we live 2,077 thousand miles away from Chicago.
my sports fandom developed as a kid living in Boca and when I moved to texas I took it with me as a way to remember florida

Being a heat fan back then was actually the not cool thing. I remember kids asked me why I wasn't a magic fan (due to shaq) and I was always like "because they are three hours north and miami is 30 minutes from us??"

my sports fandom developed as a kid and when I moved to texas I took it with me as a way to remember florida

This is acceptable to me. Because you have ties.

I don't understand when people become die hards of teams they have never even set foot in the state the team is from.

Actually I take that back.

Im a Washington Redskins fan since 1983, because my first Superbowl memory was Raiders Redskins, so I followed both teams ever since

I am sorry I understand.

Wow that was strange, being called out in my own post.

WallaceNBA_ESPN Michael Wallace
Bosh confirmed he tweaked ankle on opening tip Game 5. Said he's "mentally" pushing through, trying to pressure Hibbert
didn't know this
Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 5h
Dwyane Wade playoffs rookie season in 2003-04: 13 games, 17.7 PER. This playoffs? 13 games, 17.7 PER. #thecircleoflife
ugh

The only other non-Miami franchise that I have a soft spot for is the Phoenix Suns, there are many reasons for this.

1) I loved Barkley
2) I was born in Phoenix
3) That's my middle name

And most importantly of all,

4) The Phoenix Suns gorilla on NBA Jam for SNES was the best god damn character ever

For whatever reason, the guy who 'raised me' watching sports made me think it was okay to like Barkley but I had to hate Jordan. I think that's a glimpse of what GAF would be back then lol

I live in LA but my favorite teams are from all over the place, because I started following them as a kid for the most part and as a kid I don't think the hometown team matters that much. I don't think it matters where you live as long as you stick with your teams for the most part. Maybe a switch every now and then if your team leaves the city or gets a fucking terrible owner or something. For instance I don't blame the Dodgers fans that bailed during the Frank McCourt years.

As for NBA, I like the Heat but I'm not a diehard fan of them. If they lose, whatever. Beats rooting for the fucking Lakers. I just enjoy seeing such great players play, and it probably helps that I don't have to interact with the fanbase ;) Only time I was a diehard fan of any NBA team was the Utah Jazz when I was growing up.

linsivvi

OK its official this is the thekad's alter account.... Acting all naive and innocent and shit when you know your an asshole like the rest of us.... You almost had me fooled.

Come on man, we all know who he is, but let's indulge him for a while and pretend we believe he's not that guy.

Raised in North Miami Beach actually and now living in Davie. It's either support the Heat or one of the PBA teams.

And I would buy reilo a nice cold Hoegaarden :)

PBY

Banned
The only other non-Miami franchise that I have a soft spot for is the Phoenix Suns, there are many reasons for this.

1) I loved Barkley
2) I was born in Phoenix
3) That's my middle name

And most importantly of all,

4) The Phoenix Suns gorilla on NBA Jam for SNES was the best god damn character ever

For whatever reason, the guy who 'raised me' watching sports made me think it was okay to like Barkley but I had to hate Jordan. I think that's a glimpse of what GAF would be back then lol
I always try and imagine what gaf would be like during the Jordan years. Im picturing mountains of salt.

Dad's from Miami, so we cheered for them growing up. I had no NBA team near my hometown.

Though we always cheered for other Florida teams too. I really wanted the Magic to embarrass Jordan.

Other than the Heat, I just root for players and follow them.

exarkun

Come on man, we all know who he is, but let's indulge him for a while and pretend we believe he's not that guy.

But what if he said its not him? Then who could it be?

Fake Edit: No way we would all hate Jordan. He was the star in our prepubescent eyes.

Pimpwerx

I live right down the street from the arena.

I'm not from the US, so I understand people having different tastes. I started watching basketball before I came to the US, so I had no home team, but I did have favorites. Magic was my favorite player, Riley was my favorite coach, and the Lakers were my favorite team. It's pretty easy to like the best teams when you have a limited number of network channels, and they showed certain teams more than others.

It doesn't matter where you live or who you like, as long as you like the game. Fans being annoying shouldn't bring their loyalty into question. Some of the most annoying fans are the most loyal ones who attend every game. PEACE.

Vahagn

I love how this was just pages of crazy insults and personal attacks and now we've settled down by the bonfire and are telling stories of our childhoods and where we came from, where we moved to, how we all began to fall in love with the NBA...

Pimpwerx

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
Wait, Wade's averaging 15-5-6-1-2 on 47 percent shooting and we're killing him for this?
The same people killing Rose for not playing are currently killing Wade for doing so. If Rose came back and put up un-Rose-like numbers, he'd get buried. PEACE.

I live right down the street from the arena.

I'm not from the US, so I understand people having different tastes. I started watching basketball before I came to the US, so I had no home team, but I did have favorites. Magic was my favorite player, Riley was my favorite coach, and the Lakers were my favorite team. It's pretty easy to like the best teams when you have a limited number of network channels, and they showed certain teams more than others.

It doesn't matter where you live or who you like, as long as you like the game. Fans being annoying shouldn't bring their loyalty into question. Some of the most annoying fans are the most loyal ones who attend every game. PEACE.

Nosebleed section=best fans of a team

I love how this was just pages of crazy insults and personal attacks and now we've settled down by the bonfire and are telling stories of our childhoods and where we came from, where we moved to, how we all began to fall in love with the NBA...

it's like were all brothers or something. forgive and forget

new power rankings for next year are out

1. Miami
2. OKC
3. Houston
4. San Antonio
5. Golden State
6. Indiana
7. Chicago
8. Cleveland
9. Denver
10. Utah
11. Memphis
12. Los Angeles Clippers
13. Dallas
14. Portland
15. Boston
16. Washington
17. Los Angeles Lakers

18. Atlanta
19. New Orleans
20. Detroit
21. Brooklyn
22. Orlando
23. Minnesota
24. Philadelphia
25. New York
26. Toronto
27. Milwaukee
28. Sacramento
29. Phoenix
30. Charlotte

To the bolded I said wow.

diehard

Fleer
#10 with a probable Al and Paul out? Finally they see the greatness of Derrick Favors!

.. also if you are talking about ESPN i'm pretty sure its "future seasons" not next year.

1. Miami
2. OKC
3. Houston
4. San Antonio
5. Golden State
6. Indiana
7. Chicago
8. Cleveland
9. Denver
10. Utah
11. Memphis
12. Los Angeles Clippers
13. Dallas
14. Portland
15. Boston
16. Washington
17. Los Angeles Lakers

18. Atlanta
19. New Orleans
20. Detroit
21. Brooklyn
22. Orlando
23. Minnesota
24. Philadelphia
25. New York
26. Toronto
27. Milwaukee
28. Sacramento
29. Phoenix
30. Charlotte

That's not for next year.

The Future Power Rankings are ESPN Insider's projection of the on-court success expected for each team in the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

Don't get the spurs ranking, though.

WorldStar

Banned

1. Miami
2. OKC
3. Houston
4. San Antonio
5. Golden State
6. Indiana
7. Chicago
8. Cleveland
9. Denver
10. Utah
11. Memphis
12. Los Angeles Clippers
13. Dallas
14. Portland
15. Boston
16. Washington
17. Los Angeles Lakers

18. Atlanta
19. New Orleans
20. Detroit
21. Brooklyn
22. Orlando
23. Minnesota
24. Philadelphia
25. New York
26. Toronto
27. Milwaukee
28. Sacramento
29. Phoenix
30. Charlotte

Sacramento should be between New York and Toronto, especially with the new coach.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That's not for next year.

ESPN continues to EAD in relation to their basketball analyst..... Go figure

But real talk that prediction means the Knicks don't even make it to the playoffs twice in the next three years and how the fuck is Boston so high up there? And Cleveland? Even if they get noel they aren't top ten in the league.... Fuck this list

As long as Miami has Bron and Bosh healthy the team will be fine.

I guess they'll be best in the league, and nobody else will get better to match them even while Wade declines. And the Spurs are more powerful than aging, as the Duncan/Parker/Ginobili trio will continue to defy it. And the Clippers are going to stay exactly as constructed now - free agency won't affect them at all.

Parker-Green-Leonard-Splitter could still be at a high level in three years (probably pushing it for Parker, but the rest of the guys will be in their prime and Parker is peaking now) and they have the best GM and maybe best coach in the league and no bad contracts.

Going that far out is basically guessing. Getting a #1 overall can turn a franchise around, or a big trade. Ranking should really only go to the next season. We don't even know where CP or Dwight are ending up yet...but whatever.

Parker-Green-Leonard-Splitter could still be at a high level in three years (probably pushing it for Parker, but the rest of the guys will be in their prime and Parker is peaking now) and they have the best GM and maybe best coach in the league and no bad contracts.

Only Leonard isn't a role player. You're saying an aging star, good player, and role players. Meh.

And their prognosis over the next 3 years is the third best team?

Put it this way, if you had to pick a team now, based on knowledge you have right now, who'd you have to bet would be the better team heading into the 2015-16 season, would it be the Spurs or Rockets?

Only Leonard isn't a role player. You're saying an aging star, good player, and role players. Meh.

And their prognosis over the next 3 years is the third best team?

Put it this way, if you had to pick a team now, based on knowledge you have right now, who'd you have to bet would be the better team heading into the 2015-16 season, would it be the Spurs or Rockets?

It would definitely be the Rockets, but the Rockets are ahead of the Spurs on the rankings.

I would have the Pelicans, Pacers, and Grizzlies ahead of the Spurs if I was doing these rankings, but the Spurs have good players and great management so I can't hate it.

It would definitely be the Rockets, but the Rockets are ahead of the Spurs on the rankings.

I would have the Pelicans, Pacers, and Grizzlies ahead of the Spurs if I was doing these rankings, but the Spurs have good players and great management so I can't hate it.

haha whoops. I thought Spurs were ahead.

Exactly, I'd have those teams ahead. I actually think Spurs will be rebuilding big time in about 2 years.

Top Bottom