• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

The same people killing Rose for not playing are currently killing Wade for doing so. If Rose came back and put up un-Rose-like numbers, he'd get buried. PEACE.

He would get buried for sure, doesn't mean Wade needs to keep being fucking terrible.

I'm not even talking about numbers, he's just flat out played like shit too much and is mostly holding the team back. I appreciate him out there...but if this team keeps playing the way it does their chances against the Spurs are too slim.

If Wade is 75% for that series it might work. But right now the dude looks 30%.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
What you don't know is the Spurs have no salaries on the books after 2 years.

They can keep rebuilding around Duncan then around Parker then around Green/Leonard.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The virgin islands are a us territory...

now it is but not in 03-04. They had their own representation at the Olympics. Duncan sat out a game vs. VI in the Olympics. He caught a lot of shit from it too.

giri

I invite you to look at tape of year 2 Manu or Tony.

Kawhi is worlds ahead of either of them already. And hes freaking 21.

Its hard to imagine it this early in his career, but it can happen. The Spurs do a hell of a job developing their players. And its not like Kawhi doesn't have the athletic ability.

Spurs have got a lot out of role players developing around timmy.

Kawaii's good. But he's never going to be an all star franchise player guy.

you never know. I don't think a lot of people had parker pegged as a franchise guy either.

I mean we had an idea he'd be good, don't know if we thought he'd be THIS good

Spurs have got a lot out of role players developing around timmy.

You'd have never thought that about Tony or Manu either though.

Give Pop a young, athletic, hard-working kid (like Kawhi), and good things will happen. Nothing is guaranteed but Kawhi has looked way too good these playoffs for it to be a fluke. Hes going to be somebody.

first off TP and Manu are play creators. Manu in particular was much better in his 2nd NBA season that Leonard.

I don't think leonard will ever be all-star quality. Just a very good role player.

diehard

Fleer
now it is but not in 03-04. They had their own representation at the Olympics. Duncan sat out a game vs. VI in the Olympics. He caught a lot of shit from it too.

Huh? yes it was.

They didn't have an Olympic representation in the 90's, so Duncan chose to play for team USA, after that he couldn't change since they are both countries are US Citizens.

giri

You'd have never thought that about Tony or Manu either though.

Give Pop a young, athletic, hard-working kid (like Kawhi), and good things will happen. Nothing is guaranteed but Kawhi has looked way too good these playoffs for it to be a fluke. Hes going to be somebody.

Kawaii won't play his whole career with TD. And he lacks, still, in a few very fundamental areas that you associate with Franchise players.

Again, i think he'll be in that tier JUST below. He may even make a few all star games depending on how that conference looks with depth at SF.

I remember coming in here when D'antoni was the Knicks head coach, and I always thought you guys were too hard on him, didn't give him enough respect etc........ and every page was littered with pringles pictures, it was so funny.

Now I understand. You guys were so smart and right. It's not funny to me anymore.

Smokey

new power rankings for next year are out

1. Miami
2. OKC
3. Houston
4. San Antonio
5. Golden State
6. Indiana
7. Chicago
8. Cleveland
9. Denver
10. Utah
11. Memphis
12. Los Angeles Clippers
13. Dallas
14. Portland
15. Boston
16. Washington
17. Los Angeles Lakers
18. Atlanta
19. New Orleans
20. Detroit
21. Brooklyn
22. Orlando
23. Minnesota
24. Philadelphia
25. New York
26. Toronto
27. Milwaukee
28. Sacramento
29. Phoenix
30. Charlotte

dat future seasons hype

Smokey

Do they provide an explanation for the rankings for insiders? How are they explaining the Heat past next season?

The juggernauts keep on chugging along. LeBron James racked up his fourth MVP in five seasons. Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh started the All-Star Game alongside James, and all three notched career highs in field goal percentage. Erik Spoelstra finished second in Coach of the Year voting. The Heat won the most consecutive games since the NBA/ABA merger (27) and ended up with a franchise-high 66 victories during the regular season. The only way the 2012-13 season could have been more impressive for the Heat is if Pat Riley added president of the United States to his résumé.

Needless to say, the Heat's quest to repeat as champions looks to be right on track, and the future in Miami looks as bright as the South Beach sun. This has the makings of a dynasty, but it all hinges on what happens after next season when the Heat's star trio is expected to opt out of their contracts. Spoelstra, too, can become a free agent after the 2013-14 season.

The Heat don't rank so hot in the draft category since they won't have a first-round pick in the 2013 and 2015 drafts, but they'll live with that as long as LeBron is on the roster. The post-2014 uncertainty wasn't strong enough to dissuade the panel from voting the Heat into the top spot on the Future Power Rankings for a second straight time.

Am I late on this?

MIAMI (AP) -- NBA Commissioner David Stern says Miami forward Chris Andersen's shove of Indiana's Tyler Hansbrough in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals merited an ejection.

Stern made the remarks to NBC Sports Radio for an interview scheduled to air Sunday. Andersen was called for a flagrant-1 after shoving Hansbrough in the second quarter of Thursday's game. A flagrant-1 does not carry ejection as a consequence.

Stern says he didn't know what Andersen was doing on that play, and that "a serious review of his activities is called for," according to the network.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, speaking Friday before Stern's comments were released, says that the team has not yet heard if the league will bring additional penalties against Andersen.

Game 6 of the series is Saturday at Indianapolis.

Something tells me Heat gon' be playin' without Birdman come Saturday.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 42s
NBA says Andersen suspended for knocking Hansbrough to the floor, escalating the altercation and resisting efforts to restrain him.

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN

haha birdbitch got suspended. serves him right. good rescinding on psycho's T as well

if vogel wasnt stupid this could have been an elimination game at their home. now they have to force game 7 and play against both the heat and their refs

nba_g_chris-andersen_mb_600.jpg

Not sure what's really being said here but it looks like Spo is telling Birdman he is a fucking moron and Birdman looks taken aback.

He was a one year rental anyways. Can't really see him staying beyond.

Vahagn

haha birdbitch got suspended. serves him right. good rescinding on psycho's T as well

if vogel wasnt stupid this could have been an elimination game at their home. now they have to force game 7 and play against both the heat and their refs

um what?

please explain.

LuchaShaq

Banned
What you don't know is the Spurs have no salaries on the books after 2 years.

They can keep rebuilding around Duncan then around Parker then around Green/Leonard.

Not to mention how little Duncan genuinely jumps on half his shots/blocks.

I wouldn't be shocked if the dude played at semi all star level for 25-30 min a game into his mid 40s if he wants to.

Suspensions in the playoffs should start in the next regular season unless a player is doing something obscenely dangerous like Pittman last season.

Top Bottom