• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I actually agree with Heavy here it was a really dumb thing to say. Really dumb.

That said I totally agree with his "yall motherfuckers didnt watch us play this year" line in reference to him getting no DPOY votes. Because nobody would actually want to watch Indiana Pacers basketball unless they had to.

lol let me be clear. What Hibbert said is fucking dumb and I'm not supportive of it. I just laugh at Heavy's apparent love and quest for the role model in the NBA

rando14

Stern getting ready to make the call to suspend Hibbert.

i9w7QO7vM5o5M.gif

"Mr. Hibbert's words do not represent the views of the National Basketball Assocation. For his recent words, it has been decided that he be suspended for Game 7 of the 2013 NBA Eastern Conference Finals."

Is "no homo" really such an appalling thing to say these days? Dude's just messing around.

it's in pretty bad taste by itself, but heighted given the coming out of Collins and other athletes in professional sports so recently,

Vire

i9w7QO7vM5o5M.gif

"Mr. Hibbert's words do not represent the views of the National Basketball Assocations. For his recent words, it has been decided that he be suspended for Game 7 of the 2013 NBA Eastern Conference Finals."

:lol

First smile of the night...Hooo boy, I need a drink.

That came off wrong, I got mad. But anyway, I'm not a public figure so whatever.

Yeah, such an unreasonable notion to have.

Your role model should be someone you actually know who has provided you support and guidance in tangible ways, not some guy you're admiring from a distance.

It's context, like anything else. There probably wasn't anything intentionally malicious about it, If you are sitting around with your boys and drop a 'no homo' for a quick laugh, that's one thing. Saying it during an NBA press conference though is just stupid. It's basically the difference between what you say at home vs. your place of work.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Looks like player 1 pressed the D response on MyPlayer in 2k13 instead of A.

It's context, like anything else. There probably wasn't anything intentionally malicious about it, If you are sitting around with your boys and drop a 'no homo' for a quick laugh, that's one thing. Saying it during an NBA press conference though is just stupid. It's basically the difference between what you say at home vs. your place of work.

Who gives a shit? Are we really this petty to think that Hibbert deserves more than a slap on the wrist for something like this. Not everyone feels the same about homosexual relationships and you can't make everyone feel the same about things like that through force.

Edit: Personally, I'm fine with gay marriage and homosexual relationships, but with the way the black community is and other communities are deeply entrenched in the church, you can't expect them to change overnight.

Wow. That honestly makes me want to root for the heat. What a dick.

Glad I'm not alone in that feeling. Really stupid thing to say and just makes the team look bad. He's a representative for the Pacers so when you say stupid shit like that you're affecting the team and its image. Of course he's a dick and doesn't understand this basic principle.

I should've noticed he was this kind of dude when he did that WWE promo post-game interview after game 4.

rando14

Who gives a shit? Are we really this petty to think that Hibbert deserves more than a slap on the wrist for something like this. Not everyone feels the same about homosexual relationships and you can't make everyone feel the same about things like that through force.

Doesn't matter what he feels, if his words garner enough outrage from the public, Stern will force him to make an apology and eat a fine

a few thousand dollar fine IS a slap on the wrist for an NBA player. he's not going to get suspended. And to be honest, saying "No homo" at work could probably get you or I or any other average person fired.

It's a hot button issue right now, especially with Jason Collins having just come out.

Your role model should be someone you actually know who has provided you support and guidance in tangible ways, not some guy you're admiring from a distance.

Like I said the last time this was brought up, you can have more that one role model. Your parents can be your core role models, then you can have supplementary ones in whatever your interests are, for example.

lol i must have missed this during the game, shaq so cuddly *_*

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2706173/lebronshaq.gif
Kerr had pretty good joke about that. He said LeBron wished Shaq gave him so much support when he came to cleveland.
yea but you can't be a fucking idiot and say no homo on a national stage. He's probaably gonna get fined. No coupon for that.

Top Bottom