• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

LeBron is actual used to big media cos he's been a superstar since he was a kid. Hibbert plays in Indiana and hasn't had this kind of media attention before. He'll learn...

That's a good point but still you shouldn't need training and experience with the media to know it's a stupid thing to say. He's been doing these press confs and interviews for years, it's not like he's a rookie.

Spinluck

As a Pacer fan I really don't care in the least. It's not like players are penalized enough to make them care or think like the rest of us.

Yea, true, fining him with my college tuition doesn't mean fuck all to him.

But that was a shitty way to approach the podium, players get asked dumb crap like that all the time so he doesn't have much of an excuse. I just feel a lot of people here and in general wouldn't be singing the same tune if it was a Heat player who said that crap. But whatevs, I also hope the media doesn't make some gigantic deal out of it.

Tom Haberstroh ‏@tomhaberstroh 2m
And DPOY winner plays for Memphis. RT @RoyceWebb: Reminder to Roy Hibbert: Paul George won Most Improved Player.

maybe all the media outbursts will shake hibbert and he'll have a starks-like game 7

wish_upon_a_star.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Is "no homo" really such an appalling thing to say these days? Dude's just messing around.

yeah apparently Homosexuals said they didn't like it. I forget her name but the lesbian comedian who reminds me of gary coleman made a PSA about it. So to be PC you now you say "no Homo" has become "pause" or "that's what she said" or "No Bosh".....

Yea, true, fining him with my college tuition doesn't mean fuck all to him.

But that was a shitty way to approach the podium, players get asked dumb crap like that all the time so he doesn't have much of an excuse. I just feel a lot of people here and in general wouldn't be singing the same tune if it was a Heat player who said that crap. But whatevs, I also hope the media doesn't make some gigantic deal out of it.

I definitely get where you're coming from. Personally, I've been called enough names for one lifetime that I tend to help out others who are in similar situations despite my christian background.

For the record, the original point which certain posters have lost was that "no homo" is apparently as bad as using the word used for a bundle of wood sticks that is very offensive to homosexuals.

but nvm that keep fucking eating that chicken.

Nobody is saying it's as bad as saying faggot out right but it's still an offensive phrase. Offensive insults aren't just the most extreme ones, there are less offensive ones that are still hurtful and bigoted. You're not getting the point.

Wife beaters and bigots.

Heat are the douchebags.

theignorant once again offering comments

Looking forward to it.

Oh man I am starting to create fractured locker room scenarios now. Tomorrow I will wake up and be fine, tonight sucks.

I do think the locker room is a little bit distant right now---how could it not be? They're all playing like shit

Who the fuck knows, I just don't want 2005 game 7 against Detroit where we're in control and then it slips at the end :(

While I agree Hibbert is a full blown idiot for his comment and deserves the incoming 5k fine or whatever, calling him a 'thug' and 'despicable human being' (Although I think/hope this one was a joke lol?) is a pretty big overreaction considering what the general definition of the word thug is.

Fjordson

Roy is still my boi. Needs to slow his roll with the no homo stuff, though.

Just hope Hibbert is as fired up for game 7 in two days. Need some more feasting down low. Hopefully West is over his sickness and is able to play better also.

Top Bottom