• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

PBY

Banned
Seriously what is calling a spade a spade? I may be a bit biased coming from a Christian background, but very few people see homosexuality as even being a forgivable form of living. I had to convince my parents to not judge those type of people before they even knew them.
I don't even know what youre asking me.

Vire

Seriously what is calling a spade a spade? I may be a bit biased coming from a Christian background, but very few people see homosexuality as even being a forgivable form of living. I had to convince my parents to not judge those type of people before they even knew them.

Jesus fucking christ.

Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Ziek

Maybe I'm a bit drunk... and I apologize, but what I'm saying is that people tend to look at gay marriage as some sort of terrible opposition that they have to oppose to maintain the faith.

image.php

You're drunk, bro.

Jesus fucking christ.

Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

If I really seem that biased I honestly apologize. I really didn't notice. Maybe that's because of the people I associate with.

Edit: I mean, it's not like people want to appear to be an asshole on the internet.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I am an extremely liberal person, but it is really annoying that the Hibbert, "no homo" comment is going to really rally people up.

Clearly messing around. This is where the liberal media gets annoying. It is usually for the better, but in this situation its going to get blown up for really not a good reason, because we know what he was saying.

The what?

PBY

Banned
My God... you can see the hatred in Roy Hibbert's eyes. That is a man full of bad intentions, a truly evil being.
Your lack of perspective and inability to see nuance in complex issues is astounding. You are a Knicks fan though.

A one off, "dumb comment" doesn't necessarily implicate a person- but it can still be hurtful to many people and still constitute hate speech.

I don't know Hibbert. But in that one instance, he let out a single utterance of hate speech. I don't want to comment on his intentions or context, but we wouldn't be discussing this if there weren't some element of harm or hurtfulness to that one comment.

Vestal

Kind of hoping he takes the fine and doesn't apologize. Just once I want to see an athlete/celebrity hold firm. Timberlake couldn't stay strong after the wardrobe malfunction. Shaq couldn't stay strong after dropping an f-bomb on national television. Just once, I want to see someone flat out tell the media that he ain't apologizing.

Yes hold firm for saying "motherfucker and homo" in the same sentence... *rollls eyes*

Stern better fine the hell out of him. That's no way to conduct yourself in a press conference.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
ok getting back to basketball..... If the Heat win the next game ya'll realize there is a chance that it will likely require Lebron to play one of those games that years from now analyst give a name too that everyone knows. Like a jordan Flu game. In preparation I want to name it "the Fuckball Game" where Lebron had to carry his team and overcome fuckball all at the same time.

Also you can tell the season is coming to an end because the basketball thread starts talking about homesexual topics.... last years post season thread was basically the last 3 pages times 10.... kobe homesexual fan fiction got it shut down for a few days too if I remember.....

People get banned in these forums all the time for writing "no homo." It is clearly hate speech. I would never allow one of my troops to say that at work.

Some of you guys are either quite ignorant of trolling hard.

ok getting back to basketball..... If the Heat win the next game ya'll realize there is a chance that it will likely require Lebron to play one of those games that years from now analyst give a name too that everyone knows. Like a jordan Flu game. In preparation I want to name it "the Fuckball Game" where Lebron had to carry his team and overcome fuckball all at the same time.

Heat will win, but that's despite spoelstra's dumbfuck offense. Lucky for miami the pacers' offense is even worse. At least the heat run people through off-ball screens before they let 3 people stand around doing nothing.

Both teams will get murdered by the spurs in 5 games.

People get banned in these forums all the time for writing "no homo." It is clearly hate speech. I would never allow one of my troops to say that at work.

Who else wrote no-homo? Other than Gigglepoo, I can't think of any other Pacer fans here, and I've already said that I'd be fine with a fine.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

.... yeah we got to get off this topic now... OT Community is becoming more mainstream (unfortunately) and nobody needs to get banned or even worse this thread shut down for a few days.... cause when either the Heat or Pacers lose.... the tears will be glorious and I want to experience that....

Ziek

.... yeah we got to get off this topic now... OT Community is becoming more mainstream (unfortunately) and nobody needs to get banned or even worse this thread shut down for a few days.... cause when either the Heat or Pacers lose.... the tears will be glorious and I want to experience that....

There will be buckets and buckets of tears if the Heat lose. I can already taste the salty goodness.

Heat will probably win

If Pacers win Monday will they actually get credit for this series?

They probably deserve a lot of credit for their entire season, but I'll doubt they'll be the main story from this series if they win the series since I think the Spurs would sweep the Pacers (because all of the matchups are terrible for them) so the talk about this series will just be about the play of Wade, Bosh, Battier, and Ray if the Pacers win.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SoulPlaya, have you listened to Super Collider?
Outside of the few released tracks, no, but I'll be picking it up next week. I actually like what I've heard. Yeah, it may not be the exact same, but Megadeth hasn't disappointed me in recent years as long as I go into it with a somewhat open mind.

Outside of the few released tracks, no, but I'll be picking it up next week. I actually like what I've heard. Yeah, it may not be the exact same, but Megadeth hasn't disappointed me in recent years as long as I go into it with a somewhat open mind.

I'm going to get it next week as well, but I've really not liked what I've heard of so far :/ (both from released material and what people have said about it). I hope it's good.

Top Bottom