• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

While I agree Hibbert is a full blown idiot for his comment and deserves the incoming 5k fine or whatever, calling him a 'thug' and 'despicable human being' (Although I think/hope this one was a joke lol?) is a pretty big overreaction considering what the general definition of the word thug is.

When I called him a thug I didn't mean like a member of a criminal gang or a felon, just thuggery attitude. Probably went overboard, yeah.

Frankman is my pimpwerx
barkley-head-shake-o.gif

I wouldn't be upset if Miami came out and destroyed the Pacers on Monday.

I'll be rooting for the Spurs regardless. Tony, Manu, Timmy to some extent, these aren't bad guys. Especially Tony and Manu. Ever hear Tony speak in post-game interviews and press confs? The guy is super nice.

Someone make a thread about the no homo comment in the General OT and see what kind of reaction GAF has.
It's not that serious.

Fjordson

Someone make a thread about the no homo comment in the General OT and see what kind of reaction GAF has.
Lol, people will call for Hibbs to be banned from basketball for life and enter 10+ years of sensitivity training.

I love GAF and post on here a lot (too much) but OT can be way overboard some times.

Vire

What about Manu? He's gotta be a good guy.

Going to bed, by the way. Fun time watching the game with yall, bye.

The prince of flops himself?

Timmy is a good guy though. Dude wears sandals with socks, how can you hate that dope?

The absurd part about Hibbert using that phrase is that almost any sports lingo could be construed in a sexual manner so it just further emphasized his own insecurities.

LBJ beat George off the dribble.
Hibbert just gave Bosh a facial.
Wade lost his man at the elbow.
Cole covered Hill man on man.
LBJ got caught reaching in.
George juked Wade out of his shorts.
Wade scored with the assist from James.
LBJ put the tip in after Bosh missed.
West went hard to the rim after he got hit in the back.

And on an on.

Vire

The absurd part about Hibbert using that phrase is that almost any sports lingo could be construed in a sexual manner so it just further emphasized his own insecurities.

LBJ beat George off the dribble.
Hibbert just gave Bosh a facial.
Wade lost his man at the elbow.
Cole covered Hill man on man.
LBJ got caught reaching in.
George juked Wade out of his shorts.
Wade scored with the assist from James.
LBJ put the tip in after Bosh missed.
West went hard to the rim after he got hit in the back.

And on an on.

Keep the fan-fiction for Bulls RealGM.

The Light

joseph Goodman @JoeGoodmanJr about 40 minutes ago
Getting some version of this from many followers: Should the NBA send a message and suspend Roy Hibbert for his hate speech?.

LOL at this. Those followers probably couldn't care less about what he said. Just want an excuse to get him out the game. Not that big of a deal. The guy made a boneheaded comment which he surely wasn't trying to offend anyone. A fine is more than enough.

charsace

I seriously thought Hibbert was joking. In NYC the term "no homo," is old. 90's old. I've been around gay people that use it so I didn't know it was considered to be hateful. Sorry if I offended anyone with my earlier comment.

Kind of hoping he takes the fine and doesn't apologize. Just once I want to see an athlete/celebrity hold firm. Timberlake couldn't stay strong after the wardrobe malfunction. Shaq couldn't stay strong after dropping an f-bomb on national television. Just once, I want to see someone flat out tell the media that he ain't apologizing.

PBY

Banned
I seriously thought Hibbert was joking. In NYC the term "no homo," is old. 90's old. I've been around gay people that use it so I didn't know it was considered to be hateful. Sorry if I offended anyone with my earlier comment.
Black people drop the n bomb all the time, doesn't mean shit.

He's repeating tweets from random followers. And it is hate speech- how else would you characterize it?
one dumb comment? Maybe I should send you some links on actual "hate speech" so you could learn something. Jesus fucking Christ, suddenly I wish the game was tomorrow.

The Light

Kind of hoping he takes the fine and doesn't apologize. Just once I want to see an athlete/celebrity hold firm. Timberlake couldn't stay strong after the wardrobe malfunction. Shaq couldn't stay strong after dropping an f-bomb on national television. Just once, I want to see someone flat out tell the media that he ain't apologizing.

Will never happen if they want to receive/retain any endorsements.

Fjordson

Ah, didn't know Goodman was a Miami writer.

His Heat twitter followers are shook. Don't want any more feasting down low from young Roy next game.

Will never happen if they want to receive/retain any endorsements.
You can't retain what you don't have. :p I mean has anyone seen Roy Hibbert in a commercial selling/promoting anything?
I'm calm man. Im not rolling out the pitchforks or calling for a suspension or anything- but lets call a spade a spade.
OH MY GOD SO OFFENSIVE YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE SOMEONE BAN THIS FILTH FOR HIS HATE SPEECH!

EDIT: BAH GAWD HE IS TEARING MY RACIAL IDENTITY IN HALF!

STOP THE THREAD! STOP THE DAMN THREAD!!!

Top Bottom