• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Fjordson

Pacers will get credit. Especially George and Hibbert.

But even as a massive Heat hater, I think it's only fair that some of the talk will be about Wade and Bosh's struggles and why they couldn't perform. At certain points in this series they barely look like NBA players, let alone all-stars. Especially Wade.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm going to get it next week as well, but I've really not liked what I've heard of so far :/ (both from released material and what people have said about it). I hope it's good.
I don't think it'll be as good as their last few releases, but I'm willing to give what Mustaine gives me a chance. I expect this one to be a bit more mainstream as they're back on a major label, but I don't mind. I liked the title track. It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was catchy. I guess what I'm saying is that I get what they're trying to do with this album, and I'm willing to give it a chance. I think I'll be pleasantly surprised.

At least Wade has a legitimate injury holding him back (though it doesn't excuse his horrible decision-making), Bosh has been MIA for at least 2-3 games this series. The role players will play better at home, but if I'm Spo I use Mile Miller/Norris Cole early and often. Don't just settle for the normal rotation of Ray Kidd and Battier, there are too many scoring negatives for the Heat right now with Wade not producing and Joel Anthony getting 29 minutes.
can you blame Lebron though.... it's not his fault but at the end of the day everyone will hold him responsible...
When you're the star player that's how it is.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
At least Wade has a legitimate injury holding him back (though it doesn't excuse his horrible decision-making), Bosh has been MIA for at least 2-3 games this series. The role players will play better at home, but if I'm Spo I use Mile Miller/Norris Cole early and often. Don't just settle for the normal rotation of Ray Kidd and Battier, there are too many scoring negatives for the Heat right now with Wade not producing and Joel Anthony getting 29 minutes.
If I was Spo, I would see if I could make a last second trade of Bosh for Boozer.

man if hibbert gets suspended for the "no homo" thatd be some bullshit. just fine the dude 25k or whatever and have him issue an apology. it was an ignorant comment but im pretty sure he didnt mean it maliciously.

Fjordson

Miller should definitely get some more minutes next game. I mean, I hope he doesn't so Indy will have a better chance of winning with scrubs like Battier and Allen in the game, but Old Snake looked hungry tonight. Dude could probably provide some good stuff in game 7.

And yeah, Wade's injury excuses some stuff, but other shit like some of the passes he's throwing and the travels are just weird mental errors. And his whole demeanor seems real detached and basically like he's no longer giving any fucks.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
man if hibbert gets suspended for the "no homo" thatd be some bullshit. just fine the dude

its going to be a fine... this has happened a lot worse before and it just led to a hefty fine..... Stern can't just up the ante in punishment before a game 7 of the ECF.....

man if hibbert gets suspended for the "no homo" thatd be some bullshit. just fine the dude

Well, personally I don't think fines mean anything to players. Not saying I want them to make an example of my team, but there's got to be a better way to penalize players than a slap on the wrist and a cheap (to them) fine.

If I was Spo, I would see if I could make a last second trade of Bosh for Boozer.

Michael-Jordan-GIF.gif

Well, personally I don't think fines mean anything to players. Not saying I want them to make an example of my team, but there's got to be a better way to penalize players than a slap on the wrist and a cheap (to them) fine.
I agree, I don't think Hibbert's comment deserves to be made an example of like that though.

Kobe got fined for straight calling a ref a slur.

Hibbert should be fine(d).

oh yeah i forgot about that, it was like 100k or something. you know hell never say that shit again during a game.

its going to be a fine... this has happened a lot worse before and it just led to a hefty fine..... Stern can't just up the ante in punishment before a game 7 of the ECF.....

yeah thats true. but also remember...lebron needs help

if you really want to send a message then you would have to suspend players. that or change the fines to an exorbitant amount.

Fjordson

man if hibbert gets suspended for the "no homo" thatd be some bullshit. just fine the dude 25k or whatever and have him issue an apology. it was an ignorant comment but im pretty sure he didnt mean it maliciously.
Will not happen. The twitter people linked in here was a Heat beat writer. He was just repeating what people were tweeting at him. Some Heat fans scared of young Roy in game 7, nothing more.

Kobe called a ref a straight up gay slur during a game and didn't get suspended. Now Roy is no Kobe, but he'll get docked with a fine and make an apology.

Edit: beaten

The Light

Probably am jaded, but I think if it happens stories will go the direction of Pacers didn't win the series Heat just lost it. Attention will be on what the Heat did not do and not what the Pacers did right.

Guess i shouldn't have that bias tho. Anyways here is hoping to a game 7 where both teams are on their A+ game.

After LeBron is told that Dwyane said that there weren't many opportunities for him to contribute. LeBron responds by saying that he'll watch the film to find ways to ways to help him get on track.

yo wade you just suck ass bro.

Wade: I thought I had a decent 3rd quarter

yo wade you just suck ass bro

Wade:We gotta make sure to do a better job to make sure me and Vhris have better opportunities

yo wade you suck ass bro

Chris too!
Battier: well, y'know, the NBA's smiling, they get a game 7 so we look forward to......

yo shane!

eat a dick!

Bosh: "I didn't show up for my teammates tonight," he said, "and it will not happen again."

well, atleast you took ownership of your shitty play

I know we win game 7 and all but ugh.

Wow the Heat are a fucking joke. And when they "turn it on" on Monday and curb stomp the Pacers they'll still be a joke. They have a collusion super team and the best player in the world and their fan base is still nervous because they know, deep down that the Heat are a bunch of mentally weak punks.

Wait when did Hibbert say no homo?
damn then what does that make the Knicks?

masud

Banned
Wow the Heat are a fucking joke. And when they "turn it on" on Monday and curb stomp the Pacers they'll still be a joke. They have a collusion super team and the best player in the world and their fan base is still nervous because they know, deep down that the Heat are a bunch of mentally weak punks.

BadAss2961

Preach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc_xd6JPTis&feature=player_embedded#!

Also from what I'm reading article-wise and comments its sensationalized by media, comments sections are reading it as not a big deal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/conversation...indiana-pacers-uses-gay-slur-profanity-game-6

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/2/4388136/roy-hibbert-swear-media-postgame-pacers-heat

http://nba.si.com/2013/06/02/roy-hi...rs-miami-heat-press-conference-jason-collins/

He'll get his fine and that's it. Also inb4 someone calls him a bigot:
“I have no problem with openly gay men,” Hibbert said at the time, according to the Journal Courier. “More power to them. We live in a day in age where people are more accepting as opposed to years ago. [Collins] and his family may have some adversity in the coming days and weeks, but I have no problem with it.”

I suggested this a couple of days ago. Boozer is actually a better rebounder and he won't camp on the three point line. Boozer also has a great mid range game and he'd have wide open Haslem-like jumpers the entire game. Bosh has never meshed with this team. I'm not even sure if they run plays for him.

Lebron is going to have to quit trying to get his teammates involved because it damn obvious that they're not delivering. He should just come out and bully his way on the offensive end from the opening whistle. If Lebron doesn't come out aggressive then Miami will lose the game.

BadAss2961

No one was questioning the might of this super team a couple months ago when they rolled off 27 straight. In fact, fools on ESPN were making a case for them being the greatest team ever assembled.

Hell, just last week it was "nobody's beating the Miami Heat." So I don't wanna hear it.

Emwitus

No one was questioning the might of this super team a couple months ago when they rolled off 27 straight. In fact, fools on ESPN were making a case for them being the greatest team ever assembled.

Hell, just last week it was "nobody's beating the Miami Heat." So I don't wanna hear it.

People were saying they wouldn't lose a game this post season.....but then again we had people calling the spurs finished after last year.

Into

This is the NBA, and a Heat vs Spurs final will do much better ratings than a Pacers vs Spurs. This is the perfect excuse for the NBA to screw the Pacers over and get the final that they want, by "making a example out of Hibbert" and suspending him for 1 stinking game, therefore getting their wish.

I would not expect this from any other organization, be it FIFA, NFL, UEFA, NHL, MLB but the NBA? Absolutely

Not saying it will happen, but there is a chance they will consider it + a fine.

Trey

Suspending Hibbert in Game 7 for a "no homo" will kick off a shitstorm that no one wants to see. Fine him for motherfucking the press and using an ignorant phrase. Make it a tidy sum. A deserved lesson for the young player.

Westlo

I suggested this a couple of days ago. Boozer is actually a better rebounder and he won't camp on the three point line. Boozer also has a great mid range game and he'd have wide open Haslem-like jumpers the entire game. Bosh has never meshed with this team. I'm not even sure if they run plays for him.

Boozer can't play defense for shit, while Bosh can, just not against Hibbert. We don't have a ring if we had Boozer instead of bosh period... Boozer was just the consolation prize for whoever missed out on Bosh and Amare that preseason..

And I will say this for Bosh, so many nights he's on track to get 30 and the offense just moves away from him completely, granted only 1 of those games happened this series but whatever.

And Wade.. smh, this shit hurts, I would rather watch prime Wade in full flight over prime Lebron anyday of the week and to see him like this... depressing.

masud

Banned
I doesn't really matter cause Indys gonna lose with or without Hibbert but it would be soooo hilarious if Stern suspends him for that, hey we are in a post Jason Collins era....

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Of course not, but that was before the Outrage Olympics began in earnest.

Now ESPN is running this on their front page as "Hibbert uses gay slur"... come the fuck on.

Hey ESPN lives for scandal... And if they can knock Hibbert of his game with a scandal and maybe help get their golden goose team to the finals by getting Hibberts mind not on the game.... They got to do it.

Top Bottom