• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Dr.Acula

Banned
You just know the NBA suits were sweating that the Heat wouldn't win this series, then Hibbert sends them a gift-wrapped excuse to suspend him.

Getting any sort of quality offensive production from either Hill, Lance or D.J usually guarantees a win. That's pretty much all game 7 is going to come to. I don't think the Pacers will be shook by the moment, they've been really composed thus far. Maybe too composed in how well they've run fuckball.

Being able to predict if either of those guys will show a pulse offensively is pretty hard though. I'm leaning towards Hill regressing to the mean and being complete shit.

I will never understand why people care about what ESPN do. It's like they need the ESPN stamp of approval.

They are a site meant to get clicks from the casual sports fan. If you want real analysis go elsewhere. I quit taking ESPN seriously (except for the objective numbers geeks they hired)

Even Barkley has shit analysis. Brooklyn would have given the Heat trouble because of Bropez and Evans LOL

People were saying they wouldn't lose a game this post season.....but then again we had people calling the spurs finished after last year.

lol. Yup. I said it earlier these dudes was paper tigers. I dont even care if they win game 7, they got wet up by a team that dont even have that much talent. They have like, three good players, two crazy goons, and a awful bench. Indiana shouldnt be a game away from the Finals, yet here we are

Fjordson

More shots? Both of them are shooting below 45% this series so I like the sound of that. I think Joel Anthony needs some more touches also.

More shots? Both of them are shooting below 45% this series so I like the sound of that. I think Joel Anthony needs some more touches also.
Well as fucking dumb as he sounds he does have a point (barely)

he and bosh aren't given the ball where they like it----still doesn't mean you need to turn it over or miss easy shots or have no interior presence

he and bosh aren't given the ball where they like it----still doesn't mean you need to turn it over or miss easy shots or have no interior presence
Truth. Wade needs to stop his stupid ass passes and his hero dribble

Fjordson

Nah, I'm just being an ass. You're right. Need to find a way to integrate them into the offense more.

Now with Wade, that's tough...he can't hit from anywhere (even in front of the rim) it seems so not sure what he'll do, but Bosh has to have more in him than what he's shown these last few games. Get him some action other than just spot ups near the 3 point line and he might get into a rhythm.

Though Bosh could try a little bit to contribute in some other ways than just scoring. I mean Lance Stephenson had one less point than Bosh, but he managed to get a steal, some assists, and 12 rebounds. Bosh is 6-11, dude got 1/3 as many rebounds last night as Indy's 2 guard. Just terrible.

Watching the presser now, they edited out Hibberts 'no homo' remark.

It just shows him saying Lebron was stretching me out, skip, then him smiling lol

Westlo

Bosh needs to be the clearcut #2 option for Miami next year, they need to actually start running him some plays from next season onwards as well. All that "wow look how well he did tonight, and we run no plays for him" shit coming out of the Heat when he has a good game just ends up looking stupid when he plays like this. How the fuck don't you run plays for someone who put in 4 seasons of 22ppg and than a season of 24ppg the year before we get him. I guess it made sense with "prime" Wade and Lebron but now it's just looking silly.

And also that 31 minutes per game needs to go the fuck up, with our frontcourt that should not be what he's playing. Heck give him the "you're the man" role when Lebron sits instead of Wade because at this stage it's clear Wade can't do it anymore.

I saw the game, but I was at a house party that happened to have it on so I couldn't post. Congrats to the Pacers for sending to game 7, and you guys already made all the "Lebron needs more help" jokes so...

What about Manu? He's gotta be a good guy.

Going to bed, by the way. Fun time watching the game with yall, bye.

If you follow Manu on Twitter, like, 1/3 to 1/2 his tweets are about his little boys. Dude seems real stand up and proud to be a father.

I'm assuming Grant Hill will get a job on NBATV. It's not like that place requires the highest of qualifications.

I think it would be cool if Pop offered him a job as an assistant coach. Dude would probably help Kawhi's development a lot if he's interested in doing that kinda work.

hibbert tweeted at jason collins "got something to discuss with you"

going through his photos on twitter is actually amusing...

Bosh needs to be the clearcut #2 option for Miami next year, they need to actually start running him some plays from next season onwards as well. All that "wow look how well he did tonight, and we run no plays for him" shit coming out of the Heat when he has a good game just ends up looking stupid when he plays like this.

And also that 31 minutes per game needs to go the fuck up, with our frontcourt that should not be what he's playing. Heck give him the "you're the man" role when Lebron sits instead of Wade because at this stage it's clear Wade can't do it anymore.

he doesn't deserve an excuse BUT the front office abd coaching staff did him no favors putting him out of his comfortable playing position

offensively it helps. defensively i think it is draining him to deal with and hibbert

Fjordson

They just showed on Sportscenter that he tweeted Jason Collins. Saying "can I get a follow? I'd like to discuss something with you". Young Roy already starting the healing process.

ESPN eating this shit up unsurprisingly, though good on Israel Gutierrez for pointing out that Hibbert vocally supported Collins when he first came out this year.

Edit: beaten badly by ph33

Fjordson

he doesn't deserve an excuse BUT the front office abd coaching staff did him no favors putting him out of his comfortable playing position

offensively it helps. defensively i think it is draining him to deal with and hibbert
His photos are cracking me up.

Especially these gym ones. One with some girl eating ice cream on the bike and another of some guy in overalls sitting in a chair on a treadmill watching TV lmao

When you're the star player that's how it is.

Exactly. Folks crapped on KD this postseason even though he played out of this world because he's the man for OKC. Kevin Martin and Fisher were the two best options for him with Westbrook out. Perkins was the starting center with his negative PER. I don't want to hear Heat GAF making LeBron needs help arguments.

I'm leaning towards Hill regressing to the mean and being complete shit.

Can we get Vag in here to explain that to us?

Fjordson

his wife is one frightened woman
Yeah lmao.

I'm feeling this though:

BDKpyikCQAA9yzW.jpg

Haha, so random. On some Vice City shit.

giga

Amazing.

n6uE+

Ta7P+

byUp+

FqlL+

U50A+

Hibbert's word choice, while inappropriate, wasn't that big of a deal to me when taken in context.

That said, it would not surprise me if the NBA decided to make an example out of Hibbert and suspend him for Game 7. (Not to mention that $tern wants LeBron in the finals.) Yes, I know that Lebron just got a fine when he said the same phrase three years ago, and Kobe got a large fine for attacking that ref with the obvious gay slur. Times are very different now. The average Joe would get terminated on the spot. Some things you just gotta keep to yourself. Period. Regardless of context. Hibbert will learn. I could tell that Paul George was like "oh shit" when Hibbert said that.

Hibbert also needs to be a bit more careful about what he posts on Twitter. He was lucky the NBA didn't reprimand him when he called out Battier on Twitter earlier in the series.

If Hibbert would've just said the "motherfucker" during the press conference then he'd just get a $25k fine, apologize and most of us would just laugh it off and move on quickly.

Fjordson

Hibbert also needs to be a bit more careful about what he posts on Twitter. He was lucky the NBA didn't reprimand him when he called out Battier on Twitter earlier in the.
Can the league reprimand players for something on Twitter? I mean maybe if it's like "David Stern is a fucking asshole" or something over the top, but mostly I'm not sure how they could. That's a personal account away from the court. Freedom of speech man!

But maybe they already do this and I just haven't heard about it.

Cloudy

Banned
Suspending Hibbert in Game 7 for a "no homo" will kick off a shitstorm that no one wants to see. Fine him for motherfucking the press and using an ignorant phrase. Make it a tidy sum. A deserved lesson for the young player.

They need to do nothing cos Kobe and others swear in interviews all the time with no fines. This oversensitive pro-gayness on behalf of gay folks is really irritating and I would cringe at it if I was gay.

Hibbert isn't anti-gay and this overreaction over dumb shit probably fuels the real bigots

Cloudy

Banned
Would there be the same uproar if Hibbert had used the term, "that's what she said" in an interview? Cos it's the exact same thing as "no homo". It's just a joke to catch sentences with sexual innuendo. Not fucking hate speech as some are saying.

OMG I hate political correctness...

you just compared thats what she said to no homo and said they are the same thing

an excellent display of ignorance

hibbert isnt anti gay and it was a slip of the mouth. he will and should be fined. as i have been saying comments like "no homo" seem benign but many closet gays may see that as another reason to be afraid to come out. society is trying to move into the direction of accepting all, not saying "no (insert oppressed minority)

you have no idea how difficult it was for a lot of my friends in music/arts school to come out because of the background they came from. this shit may not exist near you but it is still very prevalent.

I mean for fucks sake, it made the NEWS in a dallas suburb when a boy came out as gay

look at the bigger picture.

PBY

Banned
Would there be the same uproar if Hibbert had used the term, "that's what she said" in an interview? Cos it's the exact same thing as "no homo". It's just a joke to catch sentences with sexual innuendo. Not fucking hate speech as some are saying.

OMG I hate political correctness...
You really don't get it.

Cloudy

Banned
you just compared thats what she said to no homo and said they are the same thing

an excellent display of ignorance

I see no difference in those terms other than gender. They aren't malicious but I can see an extrreme feminist getting upset about the former and an extreme pro-gay activist doing the same about the latter.

They are both juvenile terms and not something you want to say in a professional setting but ENOUGH with the gotcha PC police!

PBY

Banned
I see no difference in those terms other than gender. They aren't malicious but I can see an extrreme feminist getting upset about the former and an extreme pro-gay activist doing the same about the latter.

They are both juvenile terms and not something you want to say in a professional setting but ENOUGH with the gotcha PC police!
Lol pro-gay activists? The fuck am I reading.

Cloudy

Banned
It would certainly send a message.

If Spo does that, he is destroying his relationship with Wade and Bosh

Cloudy, you are usually just an annoying dude who wishes Kobe was his big brother. Now you're coming across as childish and ignorant.

But I repeat myself...

I think I'm being nuanced and posssibly contrarian. I don't accept "no homo" as a malicious attack on gay people. We can agree to disagree

konex that is fair point about thats what she said potentially upsetting an extreme feminist. There are PC ways to do both. but thats about where the comparison ends

and its not like women are having trouble finding work or the same civil rights now like they used to. gays are still heavily discriminated against in many parts of the country. I hate having to be excessively PC but you need to understand that's where society is right now.

Exactly. Folks crapped on KD this postseason even though he played out of this world because he's the man for OKC. Kevin Martin and Fisher were the two best options for him with Westbrook out. Perkins was the starting center with his negative PER. I don't want to hear Heat GAF making LeBron needs help arguments.

What? You just make shit up. No one, least of all "Heat GAF," was bagging on KD's effort. Everyone knew they were done once Westbrook went down, and most of the conversation was discussion on whether Harden would have made a difference in the situation.

Yeah I've always kinda liked Hibbert since he was on Parks and Recreation.

He doesn't have some typical groupie-ridden blinged out twitter with pics of being a baller and all that rap-game bullshit. He's normal and has a good sense of humor. Dude watches GoT (and Dexter). I forgive you, Roy. Go Pacers!

Top Bottom