• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

snack

Yep.

and lol...

945880_337696929689284_264622892_n.jpg

dying

I wasn't responding to a post. I just picked a random post of yours to quote so I could say that, which is why edited out the text.

If you have a problem with my responding to certain posts you make, do me a favor and let me know via PM. It's OT, not relevant to this thread, so there's no need to fuck up this thread with whatever issue you have with me. Thanks.

Gigglepoo

Will Heat fans cheer if Wade has a big game tomorrow? It would prove that he's not too hurt to play well and was just coasting through the first six games.

Will Heat fans cheer if Wade has a big game tomorrow? It would prove that he's not too hurt to play well and was just coasting through the first six games.

The talking point would simply be how he stepped up in the big game, and like MJ refused to let his physical ailment stop him from leading his team when they needed him the most.

Every game in the Eastern Conference Finals is a big game.

I agree but I'm simply saying what the watercooler talk will be the following day if Wade steps up and leads the team to victory. People are more concerned with what you did for me yesterday than what you didn't do for me three days ago. Atleast when it comes to the fans of a team.

I gotta say, after reading Peterb0y's thread on OT, I expected to come into that thread and read everyone exploding with outrage. I left quite surprised...

Trey

I gotta say, after reading Peterb0y's thread on OT, I expected to come into that thread and read everyone exploding with outrage. I left quite surprised...

All the "no homo" threads before always include the people who admit they didn't know it was an offensive thing to say, some others saying it's an ignorant and juvenile phrase that is endemic of a pervasive heteronormative culture, and of course those who try to compare it to "less acceptable" stereotypes.

Bish can make an example today if he wanted and nip the whole thing in the bud. People will move on to "pause" for all their sexual double entendre needs.

Gigglepoo

A lot of injured players have great games in stretches of bad play due to injuries, what are you talking about.

Wade looks like he just doesn't care. Other than that two-block play, he was completely disinterested last night. I don't think it's his knee that's the problem, just his heart.

exarkun

You really don't get it.

Yo Peter, I thought you were in that law schools? Isn't he actually right? The SC affords women more protection against discrimination than they do sex orientation. So making that's what she said jokes as a boss at work would prolly get you into more trouble than saying no homo.

Also, gays aren't nearly as sensitive as people here and and espn/whatever are making them sound. This is no different than saying I didnt mean it like that, ha ha. This is stupid, I doubt he even gets a fine, and if he does its not gonna be more than 5k. Just chill homies.

And Heat-age, I thought you guys might take a game from the spurs but with Wade being garbage and Spo not understanding Bosh is clearly their second best player, Pop is gonna go for that sweep.

Yo Peter, I thought you were in that law schools? Isn't he actually right? The SC affords women more protection against discrimination than they do sex orientation. So making that's what she said jokes as a boss at work would prolly get you into more trouble than saying no homo.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Court's level of scrutiny for equal protection cases based on federal or state actions.

Maybe I'm totally offbase here and if I am I apologize but at least from last nights post game comments Wade seems almost a bit jealous of LeBron. Bosh admitted that he hasn't played up to par but Wade seemed to put the onus for his bad play on LeBron (though he didn't name him outright). I wonder if Wade sees his sun setting and is beginning to be a bit envious of LeBron's being at it's highest point.

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/statement-roy-hibbert

I am apologizing for insensitive remarks made during the postgame press conference after our victory over Miami Saturday night. They were disrespectful and offensive and not a reflection of my personal views. I used a slang term that is not appropriate in any setting, private or public, and the language I used definitely has no place in a public forum, especially over live television. I apologize to those who I have offended, to our fans and to the Pacers’ organization. I sincerely have deep regret over my choice of words last night.

Can we get back to basketball now?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
sim'd Pacers @ Spurs for the hell of it.

Indy went up 16-3 halfway through the 1st. Spurs came back and was up 15 at the half. Spurs went up 20 in the 3rd before Indy stormed back. Spurs won by 5. Couldn't stop Parker with a near triple double.

Spurs ability to choke in the 3rd makes playing the Heat more dangerous.

exarkun

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Court's level of scrutiny for equal protection cases based on federal or state actions.

You're right byakuya-sama. An institution that takes in consideration society's views when making decisions should never be used as a talking point when trying to tell Peter to Pause when outright dismissing another poster's views.

I appreciate the Wikipedia-ish definition. But what are your thoughts on the heat getting swept next round. It's gone happen! Commish, Bosh on the rockets would proof you wrong! Bosh fan for life!

rando14

This isn't enough! We must destroy his life! He should go to Carlos Boozer, and be Boozer's butler for a month, and only if Boozer is satisfied with his service, should we, as a society, forgive him. Until then, Hibbert must wear a dunce cap, and have apples (and other fruits) thrown at him wherever he is seen.

If he take's Taj's job then what will Taj do?

Go ahead.

Internet died. But now we're back in business. These aren't all Heat fans, just what turned up on a quick search.

The good:

ph33nix said:
Clearly, KD isn't clutch after this series against Memphis!

The bad:

charsace said:
So then why do people give him a ton of shit when he has a bad series, but everyone is trying to give Durant a pass for playing a shit series against Memphis? Dirk got a ton of shit for having bad series, Lebron got a ton of shit, Melo always gets a ton of shit. Why should Durant get a pass? He just faced what Carmelo, Dirk and other top players face all the time because they don't have a Westbrook to back them up, and Durant was physically and mentally defeated. And up until this season he had James Harden as his 2nd wing man. Harden in his first season as a first option carried the Rockets to 45 wins. Westbrook can do the same as a first option, maybe even better. Going up against a great defensive team without a guy like Westbrook or Harden to fall back on was a test for Durant, and he failed spectacularly.

Durant should get a ton of shit for this series.

DominoKid said:
Fuck KD. This is the new guy. I damn near jumped through the TV.

And the ugly:

too much eslim said:
Plus Melo is the better perimeter shooter outside Durant.

effzee said:
Man Thunder better release Durant. He failed, didn't elevate his game, and can't play D either.

Cloudy said:
Durant and Martin on the same team is just terrible. Two of the most bullshit players ever

Heavy said:
By the way, Melo's better than Durant. He's got nobody on that team and he carried them all year.

You're right byakuya-sama. An institution that takes in consideration society's views when making decisions should never be used as a talking point when trying to tell Peter to Pause when outright dismissing another poster's views.

I appreciate the Wikipedia-ish definition. But what are your thoughts on the heat getting swept next round. It's gone happen! Commish, Bosh on the rockets would proof you wrong! Bosh fan for life!

Nice snark. But you seriously tried to use his background in law to make a point while completely misconstruing (or misinterpreting) the principle you were trying to use against him.

Don't blame me for pointing it out.

(edit) Hahahahah at what's above me. You seriously found ONE heat fan who was being sarcastic, and then Lakers/Knicks-age trolling?

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Hibbert wouldn't be getting half the minutes he's getting now if the refs called him on half the shit he does. He's also really slow, and you can tell by the way he runs up the court he's knees are going to crumble in a few years.

He looked really slow on that spin move dunk from the free throw line in the 4th last night...

Top Bottom