• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

jjasper

@WojYahooNBA: Memphis has given permission to coach Lionel Hollins to speak to other teams, league source tells Y! Sports.

They are going to let him go. Didn't see that coming. Though for sure they would bring him back.

Wade's knee is the only reason they may not win a title. It's really that simple.

It's not just his knee, it's his ability overall getting worse. I still say they're going to win it because Bosh and LeBron have the ability to carry the team. Indiana isn't stopping Miami so it will be up to the Spurs. While the Spurs will have had a nice two weeks or so to recuperate, they're most likely going to be quite rusty the first three quarters of game 1. The game will be in Miami and the Heat will have had 5-6 days of rest as well. The Heat to me are still the favorites.

Cipherr

So the Heat are gonna blow this eh?

SMH @ peaking early during the regular season. Bet they wish that streak could have started much later than it did. Oh well, was a really good year, and the Pacers deserve it if they take G7. They have adjusted well after each loss, NFI what everyone is going on about with the 'fuckball' nonsense.

Other than nothing at the PG position and Stephenson being erratic, they seem to be playing fine.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Remember when Kobe couldn't do shit because his teammates sucked, and people were like "lulz, he just needs to get Kwame/Smush/Luke more involved"?

As the biggest kobe hater that posts here...no. What kobe did dragging that shit show roster to the playoffs was honestly more impressive than most of the titles personally.

It's not just his knee, it's his ability overall getting worse. I still say they're going to win it because Bosh and LeBron have the ability to carry the team. Indiana isn't stopping Miami so it will be up to the Spurs. While the Spurs will have had a nice two weeks or so to recuperate, they're most likely going to be quite rusty the first three quarters of game 1. The game will be in Miami and the Heat will have had 5-6 days of rest as well. The Heat to me are still the favorites.
the finals begin thursday
So the Heat are gonna blow this eh?

SMH @ peaking early during the regular season. Bet they wish that streak could have started much later than it did. Oh well, was a really good year, and the Pacers deserve it if they take G7. They have adjusted well after each loss, NFI what everyone is going on about with the 'fuckball' nonsense.

Other than nothing at the PG position and Stephenson being erratic, they seem to be playing fine.
wade got injured. not much you can do about that. I already know the Heat win tomorrow I just hope Wade can get some decent produtcion in the finals.

charsace

Also, remember when I used to argue that Lebron makes his teammates worse?

VINDICATED

You're probably joking, but the way Lebron plays does have a negative effect on a team. Lebron plays like a ball dominant pg. Those type of players haven't lead teams to many titles.

charsace

And I said before the playoffs that the Heat weren't gonna run through the East and people on here laughed. Lebron is the best player in the league, but he isn't as dominant a force as Shaq, Jordan or Hakeem.

They are going to let him go. Didn't see that coming. Though for sure they would bring him back.

Memphis should bring in Brian Shaw. I'm convinced he'll be a great coach since teams are hesitant to sign him.

And I said before the playoffs that the Heat weren't gonna run through the East and people on here laughed. Lebron is the best player in the league, but he isn't as dominant a force as Shaq, Jordan or Hakeem.

Shaq got swept in the finals vs Hakeem just like LeBron did against the Spurs.
Shaq needed Kobe/Wade to win every one of his finals just like LeBron needed his team last year.
LeBron is the most dominant force since 2002 Shaq.
Sorry but LeBron has done everything he possibly could the last two years for this team and they won it all in 2012. We'll see how they do this year.

charsace

Shaq got swept in the finals vs Hakeem just like LeBron did against the Spurs.
Shaq needed Kobe/Wade to win every one of his finals just like LeBron needed his team last year.
LeBron is the most dominant force since 2002 Shaq.

Lebron needed Wade and Bosh to win his first title. Shaq getting swept by Hakeem isn't bad because Hakeem was a powerhouse. I don't fault Lebron for getting shut down by the Spurs, but he is to blame for losing to Dallas. Lebron has a lot of home court losses. He also in the record books for leading a team to the best record in the league 2 times and not making it to the finals. This heat team could be yet another time he loses with HCA and the 3rd time he leads a team to the best record in the league and doesn't make the finals.

Lebron needed Wade and Bosh to win his first title. Shaq getting swept by Hakeem isn't bad because Hakeem was a powerhouse. I don't fault Lebron for getting shut down by the Spurs, but he is to blame for losing to Dallas. Lebron has a lot of home court losses. He also in the record books for leading a team to the best record in the league 2 times and not making it to the finals. This heat team could be yet another time he loses with HCA and the 3rd time he leads a team to the best record in the league and doesn't make the finals.

I agree that LeBron is primarily responsible for the Heat losing to the Mavs. My point is in the last two years he's done everything he possibly could to make this team successful. I honestly see his career in two stages: pre 2012 and post 2012. Pre 2012 he was a guy who didn't really speak up, thought he was owed everything, didn't work for his shit, and was a cocky motherfucker. Starting last year he has become a leader, has become a bit more humble, and has done everything he can to help his team. I don't fault the guy for what happens this year.

jjasper

There's still a chance he can come back. It'll be interesting to see what the market value for him is.
I don't think so going off the next one.

@WojYahooNBA: Memphis has given permission to coach Lionel Hollins to speak to other teams, league source tells Y! Sports.

This is all about advanced stats and the management and Hollins not agreeing on their place.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Heat aren't going to lose shit, as much as it pains me to say it. This series has been a back and forth series of adjustments. The Heat will adjust again and win.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2013

Dude, this does not happen overnight unless it's an injury. It's his knee. Wade was playing great during the streak.

I mean, he's obviously past his prime, but you don't go from 21ppg on 57TS% to 14 ppg on 49%TS% suddenly.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2013

Dude, this does not happen overnight unless it's an injury. It's his knee. Wade was playing great during the streak.

I mean, he's obviously past his prime, but you don't go from 21ppg on 57TS% to 14 ppg on 49%TS% suddenly.

I'm not saying the knee isn't affecting him. I'm saying that it's not SIMPLY his knee. His body is broken. He'll have a nice spurt here and there but for all intents and purposes, Dwayne Wade is on the downturn and it's gonna be a steep descent here on out.

I'm not saying the knee isn't affecting him. I'm saying that it's not SIMPLY his knee. His body is broken. He'll have a nice spurt here and there but for all intents and purposes, Dwayne Wade is on the downturn and it's gonna be a steep descent here on out.
but his shit play in the playoffs is his knee though. There's literally nothing else it can be blamed on.

Talon

Alternatively, he's really hurt and isn't saying anything.

Lebron needed a second player that was better than Mo Williams to win a title. If that's what you mean.
You're probably joking, but the way Lebron plays does have a negative effect on a team. Lebron plays like a ball dominant pg. Those type of players haven't lead teams to many titles.
Yeah uh what is this baseless nonsense?

He'll be better than this next season. Not as good as his regular season, but he won't be this horrific. It's all knee right now. If his knee was fine, he'd be at 20ppg.

And it's killed their offense. I attribute Bosh's offensive woes to Wade as well. His rebounding is another matter, though.

linsivvi

skip was blaming lebron. strange that he gave wade a pass. wade is injured but i expect something from him still.

That's crazy talk. Game 5 was close until he and Haslem blew it wide open in the 3rd quarter. That's about the only thing he could do to win game 6. Wade and Bosh were dead weights.

Well it's always Batman that shoulders the blame, not Robin or Batgirl

Why not? Westbrook always takes the blame. Kobe took the blame when play with Shaq. Wade and Bosh make the same amount of money as LeBron.

u0u6tzV.png

huh, i didn't even realize the heat are just as if not even older than the spurs.

What am I making up? Point it out are go to a corner and STFU.

Go play your shitty games instead of saying dumb ass shit like "The way LeBron plays has a negative effect on a team" You know who fits that description perfectly? Carmelo Anthony.

The stuff you say after Heat losses is truly magical

Top Bottom