• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

That's crazy talk. Game 5 was close until he and Haslem blew it wide open in the 3rd quarter. That's about the only thing he could do to win game 6. Wade and Bosh were dead weights.

Why not? Westbrook always takes the blame. Kobe took the blame when play with Shaq. Wade and Bosh make the same amount of money as LeBron.

And like Wade and Bosh, Kobe deserved much of the blame.

Go play your shitty games instead of saying dumb ass shit like "The way LeBron plays has a negative effect on a team" You know who fits that description perfectly? Carmelo Anthony.

The stuff you say after Heat losses is truly magical

No way Knicks beat Boston without melo.

KingKong

Why not? Westbrook always takes the blame. Kobe took the blame when play with Shaq. Wade and Bosh make the same amount of money as LeBron.

24081238.jpg

because Wade showed up.

These are related. Wade's crappy play has hurt their offense the last couple games.

No kidding that one of the star players playing like shit affects the offense... the point is that these guys are continually missing wide open outside shots. THAT doesn't have anything to do with Wade.

charsace

Go play your shitty games instead of saying dumb ass shit like "The way LeBron plays has a negative effect on a team" You know who fits that description perfectly? Carmelo Anthony.

The stuff you say after Heat losses is truly magical

It does have a negative effect. I never said Lebron isn't the best player in the world or anything like that. There is a negative effect to how he plays though.

because Wade showed up.

These are related. Wade's crappy play has hurt their offense the last couple games.

Do you think if Wade didn't even play at all that Miami might be in a different spot? Cause I swear he's flat out hurt the team by being out there

Wade's position is easily the most replaceable. Maybe not defensively, but right now he isn't even giving that. "Rotate? Whatever, let's hope he misses!"

It does have a negative effect.

That was the most brilliant explanation

Only one you could have given

charsace

Do you think if Wade didn't even play at all that Miami might be in a different spot? Cause I swear he's flat out hurt the team by being out there

Wade's position is easily the most replaceable. Maybe not defensively, but right now he isn't even giving that. "Rotate? Whatever, let's hope he misses!"

That was the most brilliant explanation

Only one you could have given

I've said it a bunch of times. Lebron plays like a ball dominant pg. The only ball dominant pgs that lead teams to titles are Magic and Isiah.

No kidding that one of the star players playing like shit affects the offense... the point is that these guys are continually missing wide open outside shots. THAT doesn't have anything to do with Wade.

they're not getting many open looks and they're not in rhythm anymore. If wade was playing well, they'd be getting their normal shots.

Nobody really helps onto Wade anymore. It's killed their spacing. Not to mention Miami isn't shooting poorly from 3 overall. They aren't getting inside shots and FTs like they used to.

nah. He's bad for his own standards but overall he's been mediocre at least. Basically he's Mario Chalmers (but scored differently as Chalmers can hit the 3). And he is still out-rebounding Bosh in the series.

What's the other option? Ray Allen who can't defend anything and hasn't been good offensively, either? This version of Wade is still their best chance.

lol

wades not killing bosh's game.

Indirectly he is. Miami's entire scheme is predicated on Lebron and Wade putting pressure on the defense creating wide open mid-range shots for Bosh. Bosh has taken few wide open mid-range shots (and he's one of the best in the league at them) and instead is forced to take 3s because there is no spacing.

Wade's inability to drive and put pressure on Indy's defense has ruined their spacing. If Lebron doesn't run every play ever possession, they can't do anything else. Of course, Spo should call plays for Bosh to iso on Hibbert 15 feet out, so part of it is on him too.

charsace

Have you watched the playoffs at all? They sometimes screen him 6 or 7 times before he goes to the basket
Yes, I watch the Spurs. They are fun to watch. Parker isn't a ball dominant player. He doesn't dribble for most of the shot clock for more than half the team's half court sets like Lebron. The Spurs will primary attack a team with whatever a team shows them they can't stop. Whether its Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, 3 point shooting or Splitter rolling to the basket.

nah. He's bad for his own standards but overall he's been mediocre at least. Basically he's Mario Chalmers (but scored differently as Chalmers can hit the 3). And he is still out-rebounding Bosh in the series.

What's the other option? Ray Allen who can't defend anything and hasn't been good offensively, either? This version of Wade is still their best chance.

I actually want to revise what I said. Actually maybe it'll sound more like a rant/demand

Why the fuck are we waiting to play Mike Miller when all he does is come in and shoot 3s and play hard and move the ball :-(

You know...Ray has the allure of GOAT 3 pt shooter because of stats. But I don't think Mike is any less effective, plus he is longer and is a better rebounder and plays to his role better. I go crazy when I see ray going behind the back like he is still a combo guard

giri

Indirectly he is. Miami's entire scheme is predicated on Lebron and Wade putting pressure on the defense creating wide open mid-range shots for Bosh. Bosh has taken few wide open mid-range shots (and he's one of the best in the league at them) and instead is forced to take 3s because there is no spacing.

Wade's inability to drive and put pressure on Indy's defense has ruined their spacing. If Lebron doesn't run every play ever possession, they can't do anything else. Of course, Spo should call plays for Bosh to iso on Hibbert 15 feet out, so part of it is on him too.

You're assigning a player of the quality of Bosh, to Ibaka status. Which i get that their offense does. A lot. But it has more to do with horrible offensive sets, and wade isn't the dominant ball handler.

I get how their offense runs, its actually really similar to OKC's in it's essence (they get there slightly differently, but relatively same results). So, it's not really wade that is ruining Bosh's career.

9 times outta 10 I choose Miami to take a game 7 in this situation but the defeatist attitude guys were taking after that loss is concerning.

We'll see.

giri

9 times outta 10 I choose Miami to take a game 7 in this situation but the defeatist attitude guys were taking after that loss is concerning.

We'll see.

I think some of the biggest "mental" part (which i give far less credence to in this series, there aint much between them) is that Miami looks more shook when one of their guys gets a T. More offended when LBJ gets a foul.

It's probably entirely trivial though. Most of it will come down to defense.

You're assigning a player of the quality of Bosh, to Ibaka status. Which i get that their offense does. A lot. But it has more to do with horrible offensive sets, and wade isn't the dominant ball handler.

I get how their offense runs, its actually really similar to OKC's in it's essence (they get there slightly differently, but relatively same results). So, it's not really wade that is ruining Bosh's career.

Bosh's career is being ruined by the team he's playing on.

But that doesn't explain 3 straight single digit games. It's because Wade isn't Wade. It's killed their current schemes.

You're right that Wade isn't the primary ball handler. But until now, when he did have the ball, 2 people had to commit to defending. He's collapse defenses. He was a threat. Right now he's none of that and it's pushed Bosh away from the spots he's comfortable with in their system.

2 months ago I was watching Wade get transition buckets, throw lobs, get into passing lanes, wreak havoc, cut on offense...

What I'm seeing now is on the level of Raptors Hakeem ;_;

giri

Also, remember when people thought LBJ would guard Z-bo. If you thought west was physical........

2 months ago I was watching Wade get transition buckets, throw lobs, get into passing lanes, wreak havoc, cut on offense...

What I'm seeing now is on the level of Raptors Hakeem ;_;

Sux for him. And you.

But really, the fact that they have no offensive fall back is sort of bad. And i mean, different sets.

It's what sets a popovic coached team apart from the rest of the league. They can literally run entirely difference offences based on who is on the floor and the opponent.

Sux for him. And you.

But really, the fact that they have no offensive fall back is sort of bad. And i mean, different sets.

It's what sets a popovic coached team apart from the rest of the league. They can literally run entirely difference offences based on who is on the floor and the opponent.

Well while I think the Heat look fucking awful mostly, I still think they're trying to move the ball, but holy hell nothing is falling and I think it's discouraging them and then they'll get stagnant (Thanks to fuckball)

Their ball movement even in shit times is a lot better than it was 2 years ago. But when shooters can't hit anything and your other 2 star guys can't hit a bucket or are playing soft as fuck, it's going to look real bad

giri

Well while I think the Heat look fucking awful mostly, I still think they're trying to move the ball, but holy hell nothing is falling and I think it's discouraging them and then they'll get stagnant (Thanks to fuckball)

Their ball movement even in shit times is a lot better than it was 2 years ago. But when shooters can't hit anything and your other 2 star guys can't hit a bucket or are playing soft as fuck, it's going to look real bad

This here is where i'ts hurting to have a point forward, and not a point guard. I'm not sure LBJ could play the pacers the same way TP played the grizz.

Not that confident in the Pacers' ability to beat the Heat on the road tomorrow especially since the Heat haven't lost back to back games in forever, but I'm still pumped up for tomorrow's game. Hopefully Stephenson actually shows up in a road game and George Hill cuts back on the turnovers. Paul George not getting in foul trouble and forcing us to play Sam Young for extended minutes would be key too.

Not that confident in the Pacers' ability to beat the Heat on the road tomorrow especially since the Heat haven't lost back to back games in forever, but I'm still pumped up for tomorrow's game. Hopefully Stephenson actually shows up in a road game and George Hill cuts back on the turnovers. Paul George not getting in foul trouble and forcing us to play Sam Young for extended minutes would be key too.

See it's that kind of shit that is what fucking scares me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKOkNZ4Yzto

Guess what happened after 27 straight at the garden?

1 straight

And the rest of the league was 11-11 after a 2-1 lead in the finals following a split at home, till the Heat came along

by the way you all should click on that link just so we can remember good times

Top Bottom