• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Mind me asking what about that you miss exactly?

It's like a giant laser tag game for three months and I got paid for it. Also down time was amazing because all I did was read books and watch movies. No one bothered me when I was off work.

I think training is fucking retarded 8 times out of 10. Deployments I don't really mind.

Deployment can be fun if you're not in a shit hole. I remember when BIAP was just starting up and I would visit from whatever shit hole I was in... Place was heaven.

Vahagn

I love how Vag conveniently ignores everything that's happened previously up to this month to suddenly say that LeBron makes Wade and Bosh trash

That's not what I'm saying. I have no idea what the cause of the problem is. I remember when Shaq went to CLE, a year removed from being an All Star in PHX - there was all this talk about they weren't on the same page in the court, and Kobe chimed in with "obviously I know how to make that work, but I'm not gonna tell them." - Jamison turned to trash too. And I know it's, lol Jamison? - I thought so too, but look at Bosh. The only "All Star" I can definitively say played better with Lebron around was Mo Williams. Everyone else has played worse.

Maybe players and coaches are so in awe of him, they willingly cater to his style of game. I'm not sure. But I'm not convinced Bosh isn't still an All World offensive Power Forward. I'm not convinced that Wade is as bad as he looks in stretches. I'm not saying I know what the issue is, I'm just saying, I see the results of their diminished effectiveness.

Bron is still good enough to win chips even with beta Wade and Christina Bosh - but still.

Bosh has been relegated to being a jump shooter for 3 years now. And Wade is essentially just an off ball slasher from the weak side whenever Lebron is operating. There's gotta be a better way.

That's not what I'm saying. I have no idea what the cause of the problem is. I remember when Shaq went to CLE, a year removed from being an All Star in PHX - there was all this talk about they weren't on the same page in the court, and Kobe chimed in with "obviously I know how to make that work, but I'm not gonna tell them." - Jamison turned to trash too. And I know it's, lol Jamison? - I thought so too, but look at Bosh. The only "All Star" I can definitively say played better with Lebron around was Mo Williams. Everyone else has played worse.

Maybe players and coaches are so in awe of him, they willingly cater to his style of game. I'm not sure. But I'm not convinced Bosh isn't still an All World offensive Power Forward. I'm not convinced that Wade is as bad as he looks in stretches. I'm not saying I know what the issue is, I'm just saying, I see the results of their diminished effectiveness.

Bron is still good enough to win chips even with beta Wade and Christina Bosh - but still.

Bosh has been relegated to being a jump shooter for 3 years now. And Wade is essentially just an off ball slasher from the weak side whenever Lebron is operating. There's gotta be a better way.

Miami was 2nd in the NBA in offense this year at a blistering 112 PP100.

Miami is fucked because of Wade's injury.

Please stop your insanity.

Vahagn

Miami was 2nd in the NBA in offense this year at a blistering 112 PP100.

Miami is fucked because of Wade's injury.

Please stop your insanity.

Because Lebron James is insanely good. And you're acting like this is brand new, Wade was trash against Chicago in that series in 2010. Bosh is bad in the playoffs about as often as he's good. Wade was also bad against Indiana last year before that couple good games late in the series.

They have 3 franchise players in their athletic prime and a bunch of 40%+ 3 point shooters. Of course they'll be amazing offensively. Doesn't change the fact that Wade and Bosh aren't playong anywhere close to their potential, and haven't been for much of the past 3 years. Bosh especially.

Because Lebron James is insanely good. And you're acting like this is brand new, Wade was trash against Chicago in that series in 2010. Bosh is bad in the playoffs about as often as he's good. Wade was also bad against Indiana last year before that couple good games late in the series.

They have 3 franchise players in their athletic prime and a bunch of 40%+ 3 point shooters. Of course they'll be amazing offensively. Doesn't change the fact that Wade and Bosh aren't playong anywhere close to their potential, and haven't been for much of the past 3 years. Bosh especially.

You mean Wade got good right after he got his knee drained last year? Just like Kobe in 2010?

Wade is past his athletic prime. Of course he's going to be worse now than in 2009. Bosh is just as good as ever, just gets the ball less for obvious reasons.

Everyone else is old besides Chalmers. How exactly is he supposed to make older players better?

Chris Bosh - career high TS% and EFG% this year
Chalmers has improved each year.

Everyone else besides Cole is over 30 so there's no use in comparing. Though Birdman has been useful for the first time in his career.

And of course Bosh and Wade are going to do less with Lebron. Just like Kobe did less with Shaq. And KG did less with Pierce and Ray. Come the fuck on.

Bosh is regressed because of coaching. They don't even run plays for him. They don't even post him up. He's been relegated to a jump shooter and for some reason he has morphed into a three point shooter. I really do think they should bench Wade and run a two man game with Bosh and Lebron. It is impossible for some combination of Allen/Lewis/Miller to play worse than Wade at this point. And that's with Allen playing like shit himself.

Bosh is regressed because of coaching. They don't even run plays for him. They don't even post him up. He's been relegated to a jump shooter and for some reason he has morphed into a three point shooter. I really do think they should bench Wade and run a two man game with Bosh and Lebron. It is impossible for some combination of Allen/Lewis/Miller to play worse than Wade at this point. And that's with Allen playing like shit himself.
Like Spo has the balls to even suggest Wade come off the bench. He's the poster boy for player's coach.

Fjordson

Should be a great game. I just pray Indy's offense doesn't come out fuckball flat and the refs keep things relatively on the level. Though I do expect Miami to get some favorable whistles at home (not because they're Miami, almost every NBA game ever has a bit of homecooking).

Pacers will need to play a near perfect game really. Or as close to it as DJ Augustin will allow. Wade sucks period and I don't expect him to do anything, but Lebron will show up no doubt and come out beasting and I actually think Bosh will have his best game of the series. That plus the home crowd and energy from some of the role players like Cole and Birdman will make it tough.

But man, if the Pacers actually pull this out it shall be glorious.

rosarkar

Neo Member
Referees-_20100520190157_660_320.JPG

Here are your game 7 MVPs. Just kidding, I think tonight will be another career defining game for Lebron, Bosh, and Birdman. Wade is hit or miss.

Fjordson

It's so absurd that on a team with 4 potential HOFers Birdman gets mentioned as a key to the game.

#sweatn
It seems crazy, but I just don't have any faith in Wade being effective this postseason. He looks worse than bad.

I'm assuming the fourth HOFer is Ray? Totally forgot about him to be honest, he's been such a complete no show. But I guess there is a chance he could get out of his shooting slump.

Vestal

It's so absurd that on a team with 4 potential HOFers Birdman gets mentioned as a key to the game.

#sweatn

The impact that Birdman has had coming of the bench can't be brought up enough.. The reason he is mentioned is simple.

1. Wade is hurt
2. Birdman is a big man that brings energy to the court.

Fi Fo Nye

Banned
It's hard to imagine that a Spurs vs Pacers series would be even remotely competitive. Yet, for some reason, it feels like a Spurs vs Heat series would be.

Anyway, fully expecting the Heat to come out and rout the Pacers in Game 7.

Bron gonna brawn with them alley oop yams.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Psycho T dunking over Battier to win it tonight confirmed. Dual dagger!

No way, Grant Hill does a run in and hits Beaker with a steel chair while Battier distracts the refs. MAH GAWD!

Since Shane got his ring last year and seemed to be an infinitely better player then than now, I don't really care if the Heat lose, I have no NBA team. It will be interesting to see how they try to retoll the roster with zero draft picks, at least 3 dudes retiring and your best trade bait is a complete no show.

at least losing in game 7 to atlanta wasn't that bad. they weren't expected to win and that series was fucking awful lol. every game was a blowout

also, oronde gadsden is a fucking traitor

chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer 8h
LeBron & Kyrie in Cleveland in 2014-15 makes so much sense to me.

chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer 8h
LeBron/Kyrie vs Durant/Westbrook in the 2015 Finals. You could put that on pay-per-view.

chris palmer ‏@ESPNChrisPalmer 6h
Dwight could sign 2 max deals before he retires. The $30 mil more the Lakers can offer now is irrelevant.

PPV Finals...yeah.

No fucks given tonight. Do your worst Best Gaf if the Heat lose

I doubt it, but yall have to be concerned about the pipe SA will give you. They wont be as stingy defensively, but they dont have the 20th ranked offense in the league either. and they have a backcourt that can actually dribble the basketball.

Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow 30m
America roots for what tonight? Heat loss? But then you get Spurs-Pacers. Be done with Heat now? Or risk Heat winning again in Heat-Spurs?

Elia Bartley ‏@MrEliaBartley 27m
@LeBatardShow Soothe us Dan. Dirty pants already.

Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow 26m
@MrEliaBartley best player in world on defending champs at home as 7-point favorite against team that is 3-6 on road in playoffs. How that?

It's going to happen isn't it

I doubt it, but yall have to be concerned about the pipe SA will give you. They wont be as stingy defensively, but they dont have the 20th ranked offense in the league either. and have a backcourt that can actually dribble the basketball.

Not that i want anything less than a ring for the Heat but I really can't accept losing to the fucking Pacers

they're good but....god damn it losing to that backcourt would be legendarily bad

Top Bottom