• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Vestal

The Meltdowns tonight win or lose will be amazing..

If the heat win, every single call in the 4th quarter will be questioned, the Sternphone.gifs will be plastered everywhere.

If the heat some how lose, it will be boasting by everyone not a heat fan. All those drive by posters will be in full force being dicks.

1 way or another, it will get ugly in here..

Bron has a tendency to do whatever it takes to get his stats so he doesn't take the blame for a possible loss in these big games, and more often than not the product on the court doesn't look nearly as good as the boxscore.

I'm not going to lie--Pacers/Spurs would probably drive me to tears, but it's probably the best outcome for the NBA. You were never able to really believe in the build through the draft model that OKC demonstrated because of how lucky you'd have to get to get 3 top 5 positional players consecutively in the draft. The Pacers though is a true rebuilding story with very attainable picks based on scouting and player development.

PBY

Banned
Bron has a tendency to do whatever it takes to get his stats so he doesn't take the blame for a possible loss in these big games, and more often than not the product on the court doesn't look nearly as good as the boxscore.

Oh Jesus. We've reached the bottom. This is garbage analysis.

Into

Pacers have already overachieved, granted in a depleted and weak Eastern conference, getting to the finals and pushing the Heat to game 7 is above and beyond what anyone in that organization was expecting. People were predicting a gentlemen sweep here, yet the Pacers stood in there, Hibbert and George made names for themselves etc.

They got nothing to lose, how badly do they really want to knock this Miami team out? Are they content with what they have achieved so far?

Everyone, including the Heat, are expecting to win this one at home, the criticism of Wade and Bosh and the whole Miami Cavaliers thing is bound to ignite Wade and Bosh for at least this one game

PBY

Banned
Pacers have already overachieved, granted in a depleted and weak Eastern conference, getting to the finals and pushing the Heat to game 7 is above and beyond what anyone in that organization was expecting. People were predicting a gentlemen sweep here, yet the Pacers stood in there, Hibbert and George made names for themselves etc.

They got nothing to lose, how badly do they really want to knock this Miami team out? Are they content with what they have achieved so far?

Everyone, including the Heat, are expecting to win this one at home, the criticism of Wade and Bosh and the whole Miami Cavaliers thing is bound to ignite Wade and Bosh for at least this one game
Y'all reaaaaally think this is a motivation issue? Seriously? They weren't ignited for games 1-6?

As much as a fan I am of Dwade, if he isn't playing healthy tonight, then he needs to sit. Last game was terrible, he was completely useless. Without him this is an up-hill battle tonight.

And what the hell is up with Bosh and his 3-point attempts lately.

PBY

Banned
As much as a fan I am of Dwade, if he isn't playing healthy tonight, then he needs to sit. Last game was terrible, he was completely useless. Without him this is an up-hill battle tonight.

And what the hell is up with Bosh and his 3-point attempts lately.
Wade just needs to be smart- he's still useful to us, he just can't be inefficient on offense. Basically he's tony Allen at this point, he still gives us good minutes on D.

He hasn't shot below 44% this series *knock on wood*

It's really going to be up to the other guys to do something when they're open to free him up

PBY

Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james--playoff-history-when-facing-elimination-.html

LBJ was averaging a FG% of 43 in elmination games before last year (I'll give him credit for an amazing performance against the CzZz), but we'll see if there's a regression to the mean tonight.

Unfortunately for the Pacers 43% might be a good percentage against fuckball with their offense.
% in elimination games? What kind of analysis is this? What does that even mean?

It's cute that people think the Pacers have a chance tonight.

bankais and smirks all over dis bitch tonight.

aizen_final_form_defeated_by_infinite07-d4e4i0g.png

That's what might happen :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james--playoff-history-when-facing-elimination-.html

LBJ was averaging a FG% of 43 in elmination games before last year (I'll give him credit for an amazing performance against the CzZz), but we'll see if there's a regression to the mean tonight.

Unfortunately for the Pacers 43% might be a good percentage against fuckball with their offense.

After last year Lebron averages 31.5pts on 46% shooting thru 11 games facing elimination.

Kobe is 22.6PPG @ 41%FG thru 18 games.

MJ is 30.4PPG on 46% thru 11.

But please do provide some more garbage analysis.

PBY

Banned
After last year Lebron averages 31.5pts on 46% shooting thru 11 games facing elimination.

Kobe is 22.6PPG @ 41%FG thru 18 games.

MJ is 30.4PPG on 46% thru 11.

But please do provide some more garbage analysis.
But... What does that even really mean?

Why not look at Lebrons %s in game 3s? Or any other random sample? Is there any evidence to suggest that those numbers would have any bearing on tonight's result?

Why not look at Lebrons %s in game 3s? Or any other random sample? Is there any evidence to suggest that those numbers would have any bearing on tonight's result?

They don't mean anything, it's just my job to add some salt to Heat age's sweat for tonight.

Lark came in on his white knight horse as predicted doe lulz

Ima stahp though cause I don't like seeing phee in pain like this, I remember when we'd team up on him here on best gaf before The Decision.

those wade avatars :(

They don't mean anything, it's just my job to add some salt to Heat age's sweat for tonight.

Ima stahp though cause I don't like seeing phee in pain like this, I remember when we'd team up on him here on best gaf before The Decision.

nah I'm gonna be good either way but thanks bro

Colin Cowherd hates the Heat now!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

PBY

Banned

LOL.

I will counter ur analysis w some advanced metrics:

Heat have never lost at home on June 3. GET SHOOK.

Well yeah. They should in theory. Its not particularly a random sample, its games where they are faced with elimination. Its still just a stat though.

exarkun

Did someone just compare Wade to Tony Allen? Hahahahahahahahaha

I don't see him out there shutting down G-Hill or P-George consistently. At one point, Pacers game 4 were rotating so as to attack with whoever Wade was guarding.

If Heat lose, they prolly trade Bosh. Come to Houston! We need a stretch 4 for Dwight.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm not sure Wade is even worthwhile on D at this point. Hasn't he been guarding George? George is styling all over the place. Shooting 57% the last two games for 27 and 28 points.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, I'm not sure Wade is even worthwhile on D at this point. Hasn't he been guarding George? George is styling all over the place. Shooting 57% the last two games for 27 and 28 points.
Perhaps you're right, everything I've read seems to indicate that Wade has been useful on defense.
I don't trust my eyes tho, I wish defensive metrics were better than they are.

In a few years...

You're getting the blame if they lose this. You're the Marc Hochman of Heat age
Actually it's probably you're fault. Every thread that I have the most posts in the heat come out on top...
I think he's finally realised that he can shoot right over wade. since you know, he's 6-7 inches taller.

BadAss2961

I'm not going to lie--Pacers/Spurs would probably drive me to tears, but it's probably the best outcome for the NBA. You were never able to really believe in the build through the draft model that OKC demonstrated because of how lucky you'd have to get to get 3 top 5 positional players consecutively in the draft. The Pacers though is a true rebuilding story with very attainable picks based on scouting and player development.
So true.

This will sound stupid to many people, but in a tough spot, he'll often try to get his numbers more than he'll actually try to win the game. Instead of just saying fuck it and scoring like a maniac with no conscience, truly putting the team on his back when necessary, he'll purposely look for that triple double type game.

PBY

Banned
So true.

This will sound stupid to many people, but in a tough spot, he'll often try to get his numbers more than he'll actually try to win the game. Instead of just saying fuck it and scoring like a maniac with no conscience, truly putting the team on his back when necessary, he'll purposely look for that triple double type game.
This sounds stupid to all rational people. This is a 100% perception thing- and you seem pretty objective.

BadAss2961

This sounds stupid to all rational people. This is a 100% perception thing- and you seem pretty objective.
It's exactly what he does though. If everyone else continues to play like shit, and they really need LeBron to just take over the game and score, he'll just stay on that point forward shit.

It's exactly what he does though. If everyone else continues to play like shit, and they really need LeBron to just take over the game and score, he'll just stay on that point forward shit.

And if he tries to just score and attack and they still lose, you will say he didn't get everyone involved. He's in a no-win situation with people like you who already have their mind made up.

Top Bottom