• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
And justice will reward you with a Spurs-Pacers finals

Is this the world we live in now :(

Honestly, I'm not sure about the pacers, but the spurs SHOULD be the poster child for the NBA on a global scale.

They're:
#1: Full of international players
#2: Full of star power
#3: Team oriented - Though they have Duncan, Parker, etc, no one player overshadows the rest. Every players on the roster has a sizeable following.
#4: Appeal to the tactician whore in all of us - For the intellectual sports fan, baseball and football have become very appealing. However, it's just as fun to analyze and disect the way popovich and the spurs modify their game plans to pick apart their opponents.
#5: Great scouting - The team is always landing great new players from all areas of the globe, keeping the roster and play style fresh and exciting over the long run.
#6: They show that good basketball can come from anywhere.

Stern is an idiot. He pushes so hard to make basketball, and the nba, bigger around the globe, and his most hated team is probably the one that best embodies such values.

Instead he focusses on the biggest stars, the most start-powered rosters, and the "big" markets (even though Miami, Boston, and San Francisco metro areas have less than 1 or 2 million more people than Seattle, Detroit, and the Twin Cities.), and, in individual team matchups, reduces the marketability of a game to two player faces (LEBRON VS KOBE! KG VS BOSH! HOWARD VS YAO MING! LOVE VS GRIFFIN! CURRY vs. GEORGE).

Instead of trying to find the next "Bird vs. Magic" rivalry, or the next Tiger Woods, or the next Michael Jordan, to carry the sport on its back, Stern and the rest of the league should be trying to market to a wide audience with a broad approach that touches on all the great aspects of the game.

Maybe then the suits and fans wouldn't lament a "Spurs vs Pacers" finals.

BadAss2961

And if he tries to just score and attack and they still lose, you will say he didn't get everyone involved. He's in a no-win situation with people like you who already have their mind made up.
I'd never fault him for that. I'd just say he failed to carry his team past the Indiana Pacers.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
In some ways i want the Heat to win, i don't know if i can take 20 pages of Reilo trolling about Lebron.

If that happens, you should join me! It'll be fun. Just imagine Lebron is Chris Paul or any other black point guard you hate.

exarkun

Damn, reilo has been bringing his A-game lately. Btw, saw your boy macklemore in concert, he was awesome. Wore a blazer drexler jersey and everything.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Don't act stupid?

You like Coheed and Cambria, that shit is whiter than anything i could ever say.

Dont be mad just because i'm right about the players i hate on, and you always end up being wrong about the ones you hate.

Coheed is fucking awesome. I got people on here that will cut you for hating on them.

I've been hating on 'Melo for years doe, so I obviously can't ever be wrong.

Ken Berger said:
Jason Kidd has decided to retire, Knicks announce.

Jason Kidd is retiring? RIP the greatest point guard of the 2000s.

But after how embarrassing his Knicks performance was in the playoffs (considering his age, I don't blame him), I would retire.

Now the Nets should try to shape him into a head coach.

exarkun

Wait, macklemore?

rofl

At least choose a good white rapper.

To be fair, I also saw riff raff and action bronson this weekend. Both had good shows, but Macklemore's was way better. The standard for white rapper has been set by Em, and while none of those three will ever touch him, they all put on above average shows.

Mack's not bad, its just sometimes his stuff comes off more as faster spoken word rather than rapping. The wordplay obviously isn't as intricate as the dope guys.

Fake edit: We give players shit on here for beating their wives, why dont we ever talk about Sportsmanship Award winning Jason Kidd's inclination to whoop his wife's ass when he got drunk?

Top Bottom