• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Jason Kidd is retiring? RIP the greatest point guard of the 2000s.

But after how embarrassing his Knicks performance was in the playoffs (considering his age, I don't blame him), I would retire.

Now the Nets should try to shape him into a head coach.

Yea it was time to retire. Wish him the best. Now only if Morris boy Amare would retire.

699801187.gif

Tom Penny

To be fair, I also saw riff raff and action bronson this weekend. Both had good shows, but Macklemore's was way better. The standard for white rapper has been set by Em, and while none of those three will ever touch him, they all put on above average shows.

Mack's not bad, its just sometimes his stuff comes off more as faster spoken word rather than rapping. The wordplay obviously isn't as intricate as the dope guys.

Fake edit: We give players shit on here for beating their wives, why dont we ever talk about Sportsmanship Award winning Jason Kidd's inclination to whoop his wife's ass when he got drunk?

Macklemore is an inferior version of Sage Francis.

exarkun

Kendrick Lamar is what

Lamar and Curren$y not only put on good shows, but they are cool as fuck. Stayed after both their shows when they were coming up and they both stayed like an hour and a half afterwards to sign shit and talk to fans. Good people.

h3ro channeling hip hop gaf's secret hope, lol. I WANT BELIEVE!

exarkun

Outside of the San Antonio amazing overtimes, this game has the potential to be the best game of the post season.

So much hatred, desperation, and need for validation on the court tonight. Gonna be amazing.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
No way Heat lose tonight. This week would just be too perfect...

Great episode of Game of Thrones
3 day weekend
One week till E3
Heat fall to Pacers???

No God is this fucking giving.

As one of those disgusting bastards who doesn't follow the NBA closely until the playoffs, MIA-IND has been amazing. It's awesome to see the Pacers players emerge as stars right before our eyes.

That being said, Miami likely wins big tonight. I think SAS-IND would be a more fun series, though.

PBY

Banned
As one of those disgusting bastards who doesn't follow the NBA closely until the playoffs, MIA-IND has been amazing. It's awesome to see the Pacers players emerge as stars right before our eyes.

That being said, Miami likely wins big tonight. I think SAS-IND would be a more fun series, though.
SAS-INDY more fun?

clearly doesn't follow the NBA.

h3ro

Lamar and Curren$y not only put on good shows, but they are cool as fuck. Stayed after both their shows when they were coming up and they both stayed like an hour and a half afterwards to sign shit and talk to fans. Good people.

h3ro channeling hip hop gaf's secret hope, lol. I WANT BELIEVE!

I still bump the old First and Fifteen mixtapes. Dude was supposed to be the one.

Also, fuck the heat.

GamerSoul

You guys are sleeping on Lupe. Dude is ripe for a comeback.

I'm a Lupe fan and I'll believe it when I see it. Dude just really needs better beat selection ala his first two albums and mixtapes. I can live with the positivity and social commentary. And I'm a little nervous about tonight, it's more of a calm nervousness though.

Zoctan

why would one of the greatest Knicks of all time retire in his prime?

I agree it's still a little premature to call for Amar'e's retirement. But he is a shell of his former self. He peaked in Phoenix and he cannot play like he used to. His knees are shot, and his contract is too outrageous for what he is currently giving to the Knicks.

Vahagn

This line of trolling from Kobe fans feels kind of bizarre and surreal after this last Laker season where Kobe barely managed to make the playoffs with three Hall of Fame teammates, including a three time DPotY and a two-time MVP.

But there are tons of players who've played some of their best ball with Kobe or right around their peak. All Star's and Roleplayers as well.

Ariza
Fisher
Odom
Vujacic
Farmar
Gasol (more efficient, better defensively, more all star selections)
Shaq
Kwame
Smush
Luke
Earlsanity

I can go on...Nash and Dwight haven't but by their own admission that's due to all their injuries/playing hurt. The only real good player whose played worse with Kobe is MWP. Almost everyone else you can make an argument that their best and most consistent years were with LA unless they were old and ring chasing like Jamison or GP and had declined production due to age and being past their prime.

SUPREME1

Banned
This line of trolling from Kobe fans feels kind of bizarre and surreal after this last Laker season where Kobe barely managed to make the playoffs with three Hall of Fame teammates, including a three time DPotY and a two-time MVP.

Trolling?

I'm as genuine as LeBron hitting the deck after a vicious foul from a pg.

PBY

Banned
But there are tons of players who've played some of their best ball with Kobe or right around their peak. All Star's and Roleplayers as well.

Ariza
Fisher
Odom
Vujacic
Farmar
Gasol (more efficient, better defensively, more all star selections)
Odom
Shaq
Kwame
Smush
Luke
Earlsanity

I can go on...Nash and Dwight haven't but by their own admission that's due to all their injuries/playing hurt. The only real good player whose played worse with Kobe is MWP. Almost everyone else you can make an argument that their best and most consistent years were with LA unless they were old and ring chasing like Jamison or GP and had declined production due to age and being past their prime.
Stahp. You realize you don't have to defend Kobe everytime he gets mentioned? We get it lol.

Vahagn

And Macklemore is good. He's not Aesop or Eminem or Sage Francis or Qwel or anything - but he's legitimately talented, his flow and delivery are polished and clean, his lyrics are good not great like a J. Cole type dude, and he makes good music if you can get past the gimmicky tracks. But Eminem made a bunch of gimmicky tracks as well it's the white rapper commercial success blueprint.

If you're looking for a raw, lyrical, throwback MC with advanced lyrics check out R-Mean. He's Armenian and probably the only talented Armenian lyricist (besides me).

Energy, Opposite of Silence, God MC. Any of those tracks will give you a feel for his rhyme style and lyrical talent

Outside of Pau, Odom, and Shaq, I don't know if any of those guys actually played better with Kobe.

Shaq's prime year I don't think had anything to do with Kobe either and Pau and Odom had pretty major playoff meltdowns as well with Kobe (similar to how Bosh has played terribly in this series and how LeBron is getting blamed for it)

That's mostly just a list of players who played in their athletic prime with the Lakers and then left the team after they weren't good anymore or fringe players that had to play because the Lakers' depth is generally bad and couldn't make a rotation else where. Kwame doesn't fit either, but I don't think he actually got better with Kobe either and he was really young so improvement would have been expected.

PBY

Banned
And Macklemore is good. He's not Aesop or Eminem or Sage Francis or Qwel or anything - but he's legitimately talented, his flow and delivery are polished and clean, his lyrics are good not great like a J. Cole type dude, and he makes good music if you can get past the gimmicky tracks. But Eminem made a bunch of gimmicky tracks as well it's the white rapper commercial success blueprint.

If you're looking for a raw, lyrical, throwback MC with advanced lyrics check out R-Mean. He's Armenian and probably the only talented Armenian lyricist (besides me).

Energy, Opposite of Silence, God MC. Any of those tracks will give you a feel for his rhyme style and lyrical talent
It's amazing how I disagree with you not only on basketball, but also hip hop.

That being said- I'm always looking for rappers lol, so let me know if you need beats/wanna collabo.

Vahagn

It's amazing how I disagree with you not only on basketball, but also hip hop.

That being said- I'm always looking for rappers lol, so let me know if you need beats/wanna collabo.

What part of that do you disagree with. Just Macklemore or everyone.

PBY

Banned
What part of that do you disagree with. Just Macklemore or everyone.
Mostly just the J Cole is great part lol.

Im not a "this isn't REAL hip hop" dude, so Macklemore is pretty inoffensive to me, he makes catchy pop songs.

And I'll post some beats when I get home from work.

Vahagn

Mostly just the J Cole is great part lol.

Im not a "this isn't REAL hip hop" dude, so Macklemore is pretty inoffensive to me, he makes catchy pop songs.

And I'll post some beats when I get home from work.

I said Macklemore's kyeics are good not great like J. Cole. Meaning they're both "good not great". As for Macklemore, you probably haven't heard Otherside, or Vipassana, or much of the Heist if you think all he does is make catchy pop songs.

Go YouTube those tracks, and then YouTube R-Mean and you'll see what I mean.

Vire

The Heat have not lost consecutive games since January 8-10.

We ain't doing it now!

Birdman will save us.

Top Bottom