• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

PBY

Banned
I said Macklemore's kyeics are good not great like J. Cole. Meaning they're both "good not great". As for Macklemore, you probably haven't heard Otherside, or Vipassana, or much of the Heist if you think all he does is make catchy pop songs.

Go YouTube those tracks, and then YouTube R-Mean and you'll see what I mean.
I listened to his whole album. I still think his "deeper" songs are pretty disposable. Wingz is the low point for me.

I don't know the other dude, but if I had a nickel for every time someone said "listen to this guy, he's the truth, he's a real spitter with a message, etc etc" I'd be rich. Will listen tho.
lets stop using stats that have zero meaning to this series as some form of expectation

im already broken
Those stats are so dumb.

We sweatn.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 26m
LeBron James is 40 points shy from Magic Johnson (3,701) for 11th on the all-time postseason scoring list. Tonight?
death-stare.gif

Vahagn

Outside of Pau, Odom, and Shaq, I don't know if any of those guys actually played better with Kobe.

Shaq's prime year I don't think had anything to do with Kobe either and Pau and Odom had pretty major playoff meltdowns as well with Kobe (similar to how Bosh has played terribly in this series and how LeBron is getting blamed for it)

That's mostly just a list of players who played in their athletic prime with the Lakers and then left the team after they weren't good anymore or fringe players that had to play because the Lakers' depth is generally bad and couldn't make a rotation else where. Kwame doesn't fit either, but I don't think he actually got better with Kobe either and he was really young so improvement would have been expected.

Fisher left to GS and Utah. Came back to LA and played better. Ariza wasn't even getting playing time in Orlando, came here and everyone was saying how big of a steal that was. Same story for Earl Clark and Shannon Brown. Couldn't make the rotation anywhere else, came to LA and were solid contributors who became NBA players and got contracts based on their LA production. Left LA and proceeded to be much worse right away. Lol Athletic prime argument.

Kwame, Smush, Luke can't even see the court anywhere else. In LA they were starters averaging 8-13 PPG as solid role players.

As I said. The only notable guy who got worse in one year and it wasn't due to age or injuries was MWP. Most everyone else has played better here. Jordan Hill, Ronny Turiaf - the list goes on.

SUPREME1

Banned
Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat 26m
LeBron James is 40 points shy from Magic Johnson (3,701) for 11th on the all-time postseason scoring list. Tonight?

Magic Johnson? Now there's a guy who made his teammates better.

Vahagn

I listened to his whole album. I still think his "deeper" songs are pretty disposable. Wingz is the low point for me.

I don't know the other dude, but if I had a nickel for every time someone said "listen to this guy, he's the truth, he's a real spitter with a message, etc etc" I'd be rich. Will listen tho.

Those stats are so dumb.

We sweatn.

R-Mean isn't a real spitter with message. He's a throwback raw MC with incredible lyrics and wordplay. But he's not a message guy. Yea Wingzwas stupid I agree. But half his album is good. And Otherside and Vipassana are pretty amazing as songs in my eyes. I could out write Macklemore, that's not the ? Here.

SUPREME1

Banned
R-Mean isn't a real spitter with message. He's a throwback raw MC with incredible lyrics and wordplay. But he's not a message guy. Yea Wingzwas stupid I agree. But half his album is good. And Otherside and Vipassana are pretty amazing as songs in my eyes. I could out write Macklemore, that's not the ? Here.

I think we are of the same opinion when it comes to Macklemore, Vahagn.

Ten Thousand Hours
Can't Hold Us
Thrift Shop
Make The Money
Neon Cathedral
Starting Over

Otherside

^I basically only listen to these tracks. There are couple other tracks that I don't mind, but these are the ones I do enjoy and get consistent play.

I've heard that Thrift Shop is overdone at this point, but I don't listen to terrestrial radio much (except for sports), so it's never gotten old for me.

The last three I listed, I look at as being a trilogy of tracks.

Vahagn

Supreme

Yup pretty much. I would throw in A Wake (that whole white guilt verse I thought was really insightful), and then some songs off his other EP's like Vipassana and the Town.

But it's clear the dude has talent.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
But Lebron can play all 5 positions.

no he can't

He can play 1-3 and be a stretch 4 on offense... but he can NOT defend the 4, and he can't play the 5 on either end of the floor.

Magic Johnson outplayed Moses Malone at center.

SUPREME1

Banned
Supreme

Yup pretty much. I would throw in A Wake (that whole white guilt verse I thought was really insightful), and then some songs off his other EP's like Vipassana and the Town.

But it's clear the dude has talent.

I'll have to take another look at Vipassana again. There's another track oni teh EP which I kind of liked... something to do with him and a female (Hip Hop?) and a school dance or some such.

oh damn jason kidd retired today.

shame we drove him into the ground early on and he couldnt do much in the postseason. dude is a legend and hope he sticks around the organization as a coach or something.

SUPREME1

Banned
He really can.

I honestly think I'd much rather coach a team of 5 LeBrons, rather than a Popovich like team where you have twin towers, two wing defenders/shooters, and an undersized but nonetheless crafty point guard.

No, he really can't.

Play him at the 5 against MGasol, Hibbert, Timmy, or Dwight for that matter... and you'd quickly realize how wrong you are.

Mothman91

I really want tonight to be a close game.

Also, going to get some food on the way back home from school. Don't know what to get though.

oh damn jason kidd retired today.

shame we drove him into the ground early on and he couldnt do much in the postseason. dude is a legend and hope he sticks around the organization as a coach or something.

Nah, he retired before the playoffs.

So is Juwon Howard the last player left from the '94 draft or earlier? He will retire this year so that will be everyone, right?

Vire

Oh wow, people werent joking about Jason Kidd retiring?

Going to be weird having an NBA without Jason Kidd and Grant Hill.

Top Bottom