• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Because he's better than them, simple as that. If you didn't already know that from how he played this year, then at least his absence in the playoffs should have confirmed it for you.

Wade is my #1 pick for All-NBA Human Growth Hormone Team. He's being a complete fraud and a flopper and really didn't even deserve a look on the third team, to be honest.

Wade had 20/5/5 with 2 steals and a block on 52% shooting. find me another shooting guard that did better and I may agree!

Because he's better than them, simple as that. If you didn't already know that from how he played this year, then at least his absence in the playoffs should have confirmed it for you.

Wade is my #1 pick for All-NBA Human Growth Hormone Team. He's being a complete fraud and a flopper and really didn't even deserve a look on the third team, to be honest.
Lol aight.
Ynb can't even touch wade's style

Wade had 20/5/5 with 2 steals and a block on 52% shooting. find me another shooting guard that did better and I may agree!

They obviously aren't making distinctions between the different guard positions, if you look at the lists. As such, YNB, CP3, and Parker were all better guards this year than Wade. I don't agree with the Kobe pick, but that spot is pretty much a foregone conclusion regardless of how he plays.

I'll stick with the guy who went 23/7/5 with two steals, obviously. I will give Wade his kudos for shooting so efficiently, but he gets two huge strikes for being a world-class flopper and his HGH gut and outie belly button.

They obviously aren't making distinctions between the different guard positions, if you look at the lists. As such, YNB, CP3, and Parker were all better guards this year than Wade. I don't agree with the Kobe pick, but that spot is pretty much a foregone conclusion regardless of how he plays.

I'll stick with the guy who went 23/7/5 with two steals, obviously. I will give Wade his kudos for shooting so efficiently, but he gets two huge strikes for being a world-class flopper and his HGH gut and outie belly button.
I'll go with the 21/5/5/2/1 guy that knows to give the ball to the best player on the team and not shoot his own team out of games.

so exactly what point are you trying to make

Pimpwerx

there's also the fact that Lance Stephenson and DJ Augustin are the best ball handlers on the team. PG and George Hill have weak handles and cant create anything off the dribble. PG doesnt seem to have much of a post game either. Im not even rooting for Pacers, but it kills me to see Dwade guarding him and George not backing him down into the post every.single. time. He probably has a half a fucking foot on Wade.

Really? Lance has one of the best handles on that team? If so, wow...that explains a lot. His handle is average, at best. Paul's handle is indeed weak, and that's why he can't back Wade down. Wade's strong enough he's gonna have to use angles, and we saw Wade was able to reach in and harass his handle in those instances.

Theoretically, you'd want to use screens to rub the defender off, but Wade's pretty good chasing the off-ball man, and then we trap the pnr really hard. Paul George's offensive game will remain limited throughout his career, because I don't think he can ever get his handle to where it needs to be. Someone correct me, but handles aren't something you develop to any great degree in your 20s. Mario Chalmers has shown the greatest improvement of any player I can remember, and his handle is still sloppy. PEACE.

Other players receiving votes, with point totals: Brook Lopez, Brooklyn, 132 (7 First Team votes); Stephen Curry, Golden State, 72; LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland, 62; Chris Bosh, Miami, 59 (4); Joakim Noah, Chicago, 56 (3); Zach Randolph, Memphis, 45; Al Horford, Atlanta, 31 (2); Paul Pierce, Boston, 24; Al Jefferson, Utah, 20 (1); Tyson Chandler, New York, 19 (1); Roy Hibbert, Indiana, 9; Luol Deng, Chicago, 8; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 8; Ty Lawson, Denver, 8; Josh Smith, Atlanta, 7; Deron Williams, Brooklyn, 6; Pau Gasol, LA Lakers, 4; Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, 4; Omer Asik, Houston, 3; Kenneth Faried, Denver, 3; Raymond Felton, New York, 3; Kyrie Irving, Cleveland, 3; Carlos Boozer, Chicago, 2; Mike Conley, Memphis, 2; David West, Indiana, 2; Rudy Gay, Toronto, 1; J.J. Hickson, Portland, 1; Andre Iguodala, Denver, 1; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas, 1; Nikola Pekovic, Minnesota, 1; Rajon Rondo, Boston, 1; Nikola Vucevic, Orlando, 1.

BOOZER!

Teriyaki

Other players receiving votes, with point totals: Brook Lopez, Brooklyn, 132 (7 First Team votes); Stephen Curry, Golden State, 72; LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland, 62; Chris Bosh, Miami, 59 (4); Joakim Noah, Chicago, 56 (3); Zach Randolph, Memphis, 45; Al Horford, Atlanta, 31 (2); Paul Pierce, Boston, 24; Al Jefferson, Utah, 20 (1); Tyson Chandler, New York, 19 (1); Roy Hibbert, Indiana, 9; Luol Deng, Chicago, 8; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 8; Ty Lawson, Denver, 8; Josh Smith, Atlanta, 7; Deron Williams, Brooklyn, 6; Pau Gasol, LA Lakers, 4; Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, 4; Omer Asik, Houston, 3; Kenneth Faried, Denver, 3; Raymond Felton, New York, 3; Kyrie Irving, Cleveland, 3; Carlos Boozer, Chicago, 2; Mike Conley, Memphis, 2; David West, Indiana, 2; Rudy Gay, Toronto, 1; J.J. Hickson, Portland, 1; Andre Iguodala, Denver, 1; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas, 1; Nikola Pekovic, Minnesota, 1; Rajon Rondo, Boston, 1; Nikola Vucevic, Orlando, 1.

BOOZER!

LOL at Rudy Gay and Hickson.

Fjordson

Whoa, didn't hear about the Dwight to GS rumour.

Not sure how I feel about that. He's sort of a douche. I can just see our team blowing up because of some issue sprouting up with him. Can't fuck with our young nucleus.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Whoa, didn't hear about the Dwight to GS rumour.

Not sure how I feel about that. He's sort of a douche. I can just see our team blowing up because of some issue sprouting up with him. Can't fuck with our young nucleus.
Don't say that. It's the same mistake the Bulls made years ago. Go for it.

Fjordson

Don't say that. It's the same mistake the Bulls made years ago. Go for it.
True. Would be a good pick up obviously if it worked.

Not getting my hopes up yet, though. Too used to the Warriors being bad to get excited about star free agents.

Also, all this talk on ESPN about Hibbert being out of the game...if Paul George plays his usual solid defense and doesn't overplay Lebron on the catch none of this even matters. Hibbert should be out there, but George fucked up worse than Vogel imo

Kobe on the first team? What a joke.

Cloudy gon get ya.

ee689d373348f156d3e7b6b304f64799.jpeg

Vahagn

Lol @ anyone thinking any other 2 guard was better than Kobe this year.

Ya'll done lost your damn minds

Kobe's stats are amazing but his team under-achieves. "His stats are irrelevant look at his team's success"

Lebron's stats are amazing but his team under-achieves. "Best player in the world, check out the stats"

giri

Kobe's stats are amazing but his team under-achieves. "His stats are irrelevant look at his team's success"

Lebron's stats are amazing but his team under-achieves. "Best player in the world, check out the stats"

didn't read, but i assume its basically

"Kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe"

?

Ummm, he shot almost equally as awful as Melo while scoring less. And we all crap all over Melo, so Kobe deserves the same.

If you're sticking solely to SGs, the truth is there just aren't that many good ones in the league right now. You have Harden, Wade, Kobe, then a pretty freaking big drop off after that.

For the record, I take both Harden and Wade over Kobe this season.

giri

Ummm, he shot almost equally as awful as Melo while scoring less. And we all crap all over Melo, so Kobe deserves the same.

If you're sticking solely to SGs, the truth is there just aren't that many good ones in the league right now. You have Harden, Wade, Kobe, then a pretty freaking big drop off after that.

For the record, I take both Harden and Wade over Kobe this season.

you just got VAG'D

Top Bottom