• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

You can argue that it's a popularity contest, but Bryant has 12 1st or 2nd all defensive team selections, while James has 5. Bryant's defensive win shares number is also higher than James.

Kobe has also played 8 more seasons than Bron. Kobe shoukdnt have won a few of those selections. LeBron has gotten better every year defensively.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why would you even have a glorified Ben Wallace in a top ten players of all-time ranking? He was a great player for his time but the guy only averaged more than 18 points twice in his career playing against a bunch of white guys who couldn't jump more than 3 inches off the floor.
LOL!!!!

Emwitus

How many years ago? What has Dwight done since?

What does it matter? He got beat by Dirk on his marvel team two years later. It's funny how winning one ring absolves him of all his choke jobs. he was a regular season hero less than a year ago. But don't worry guys, pacers gonna expose that bum.

What does it matter? He got beat by Dirk on his marvel team two years later.

The first year on a brand new team. He screwed up in the finals but lets no forget what he did last year and so far this year. Shoot, for the last 3-4 seasons he's been the best player during the regular season. Dude is a beast amd has had a run that ranks up there with the greatest.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What does it matter? He got beat by Dirk on his marvel team two years later. It's funny how winning one ring absolves him of all his choke jobs. he was a regular season hero less than a year ago. But don't worry guys, pacers gonna expose that bum.

Forget about Dirk, dude got his soul sacrificed by Jason Terry.

But winning a title always absolves guys of past failures. Dirk was labeled a choker his entire career but is a legend now because of that one title.

Emwitus

Forget about Dirk, dude got his soul sacrificed by Jason Terry.

But winning a title always absolves guys of past failures. Dirk was labeled a choker his entire career but is a legend now because of that one title.

Agreed, but once he loses again, they'll come right back unless he goes on a jordan like run of never losing again in the finals.

If that's all we have to do to get rid of you then lets keep up the Kobe talk.

Anything to get rid of the "ESPN HATES THE SPURS EVERYONE TALK ABOUT US MORE" bullshit, I'm all for it.

Sigh why do we do this?

Just wanted to pop in to say that im firmly on the coward wagon.

Phee you with me?

250px-Cowardly_Lion.png

Bro did you even need to ask?

angry knicks fans are the best

god bless all of you

Can you blame them for being so angry? It seems like a really difficult life being a Knicks fan. A decade of being terrible, you finally get the player you were after, only having to sign a guy with shot knees for $100 million and it just so happens that the best player on the planet joins forces with two other top players thereby destroying any chance of your team reaching the finals, let alone winning a chip.

Can you blame them for being so angry? It seems like a really difficult life being a Knicks fan. A decade of being terrible, you finally get the player you were after, only having to sign a guy with shot knees for $100 million and it just so happens that the best player on the planet joins forces with two other top players thereby destroying any chance of your team reaching the finals, let alone winning a chip.

Is it just me or did your avatar change faces over night?

Speaking of changing faces, Face/Off was the shit

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Pacers can't even expose themselves

28.1PPG, 9.2RPG, 7.6APG, 52.5%, 40 3PT%, 91FT%, 1.6SPG, 0.9BPG, 30 years old
29.9PPG, 9.3RPG, 6.1APG, 52.7%, 41.4 3PT%, 91.6FT%, 1.8SPG, 0.8BPG, 31 years old

I'll give you a few minutes to let that sink in.

28.1 PPG, 7.9RPG, 4.6APG, 51% FG, 41.6 3PT%, 90.5FT%, 1.4SPG, 1.6BPG, 24 years old.

Also, how predictable is it that both Vag and Heavy list Kobe that high? Heavy says one more ring and he's arguably better than MJ. It's okay, young one, it's ooookay.

Just what we need, more knick haters.

Westlo

Worked for dirk

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Are people being serious with these list wars? These are all great players and the criteria for them is just so inconsistent. Championships aren't the end all be all. At least, not the number, but how you got them. Like I've always said, what impressed me about MJJ wasn't the 6 championships, but the 6 Finals MVPs. To win 6, and be the best player on your team every time, that's impressive. Russel wasn't the best player every time, Kareem wasn't, Magic wasn't, and Kobe certainly wasn't. Add that in with his competition, and you've got the greatest.

28.1PPG, 9.2RPG, 7.6APG, 52.5%, 40 3PT%, 91FT%, 1.6SPG, 0.9BPG, 30 years old
29.9PPG, 9.3RPG, 6.1APG, 52.7%, 41.4 3PT%, 91.6FT%, 1.8SPG, 0.8BPG, 31 years old

1. This was Bird's absolute peak, should his age matter?
2. Bird rarely got to the line compared to LeBron so there isn't an efficiency difference between peak Bird and LeBron other than 2013 (where LeBron's efficiency is all-time great)
3. The Celtics played 8 possessions per game more than LeBron's teams have.

LeBron is more impressive statistically by a decent bit (and I have Bird really high on my all-time rankings which are probably dumb because comparing players across dramatically different eras probably doesn't sense)

Gigglepoo

He's right. Memphis should be winning this series. Fluke free throw % tanking

The difficult part of hitting free throws is the pressure involved. That pressure magnifies as the games become more important. You really think it's a fluke that the Grizz are struggling when none of their best players have been here before?

The difficult part of hitting free throws is the pressure involved. That pressure magnifies as the games become more important. You really think it's a fluke that the Grizz are struggling when none of their best players have been here before?

They were here last year, just one round earlier. It's the playoffs, every round is equally important.

Took Pop 3 years to realize his team has to play defense again and stop hoping Euro-ball can outscore opponents. Not sure why it took him that long to figure it out.

We didn't have the personnel over the last few years to play this well defensively. Timmy's knees were really bothering him, Kawhi is a massive defensive upgrade from Richard Jefferson, and Danny Green is a much better player now than back then. Hell, we used to start Blair, Dice, and Bonner. Pop tried to win with the team he had, not the team he wished he had

Coward? Because you feel you're in the courageous wagon right now?

Fucking sports fan.
And you're a salty fucking cunt
angry knicks fans are the best

god bless all of you

Welp

PBY

Banned
God bless you cocky heat fans.

Y'all should read lebatards Miami herald article today, really great piece about the faith/fear heat fans are feeling.

Nori Chan

I had an ex gf whose name was gabby and reminded me of cloving, never shuttin up and thought she was the best

and that's why she am was an ex

Top Bottom