• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Playoffs |OT3| Don't believe the pipe

Jigolo

tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif

THank you

h1nch

By my expert estimation the Spurs have played approximately 3x better than the Grizz.

Thanks to Bonner and cold 3 point shooting (also Bonner) Memphis is still very much in this game.

giri

Has he ever tried?

Thats unfair. He's done an ok job this play offs.

I'm just not sure he can take the team to the next level. And thats developing offensive schemes that involve 8 - 9 players. So if a series like this happens where z-bo is neutralised, you bring in ed davis and run PnR's and screen movement like Golden State.

And i think that could be a permanent thing for him.

I don't think Z-bo is going to improve much more. He is what he is now. He might get a bit healthier etc, but thats about it. So it's not like you can rely on natural progression for the next level.

And it would be wasteful to just say you'll wait 3 - 5 years. Because by then, Gasol will be exiting his prime. He's 28 already.

And so, this could be Liones downfall. Seems a shame, he's done so great with this unit.

giri

Bayless gonna get paiiiiid this off-season.

We've already had this debate.

He really isn't.

He's been tried as a starter, and he isn't.

He's currently in his perfect role.

And there aint that many teams looking for a combo guard off the bench.

Cipherr

Spurs looking like the Mavs a couple years ago. Like noone can beat them. Its just their time. They are at an crescendo at exactly the right time of the year, and Tim Duncan is peaking at 37 fucking years old
timduncanokthatsenuf.png

GTFOH with that. I want to see Miami win, but they aren't playing their best ball, and the Spurs look like a well oiled machine. Its just not gonna happen this year from the look of it. But thats cool, they got a ring last year. Share the love, and Timmy deserves another.

jjasper

How the fuck do the spurs get away with these screens? It is maddening. And even worse is that they are allowing all kinds of movement on screens and we are setting weak ones. Thake advantage of what the refs are calling.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
How the fuck do the spurs get away with these screens? It is maddening. And even worse is that they are allowing all kinds of movement on screens and we are setting weak ones. Thake advantage of what the refs are calling.

It's old school basketball mixed with some Dean Smith. Totally legal.

Top Bottom