• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: 2013 StarGAF Open

Me and Corran should have our match tomorrow before the deadline. However Corran still has to get back to me about a time. I'm looking at 4PM EST tomorrow which is 1PM PST for Corran.

Ketch

Everyone is doing a great job of getting their matches done, but unfortunately it looks like we're going to have some people going past the dead line.

The players from Match C: Son1x vs Shake and Match H: Coolio vs Renlya, have PM'd saying they won't be able to get their games done by the deadline. So as a birthday present to Son1x (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) I'm going to extend the deadline for these two matches to Wedsnesday 29 May, 8 pm Pacific. This means, Sonix, Shake, Coolio, and Renlya will have to complete their round 1 match, their round 2 match, and their round 1 loser bracket matches before the next deadline. That's a lot of games (whoever looses in Match C: Son1x vs Shake will potentially have to play TWO round 1 loser bracket matches, look at the bracket)! Please be considerate of the rest of players in the tournament and plan accordingly.

I realize this was a pretty long round, and people have some stuff going on in real life, so I don't mind pushing the deadline back a bit, but I really don't want to hold up the whole tournament for one or two people. If you're having an issue with the tournament, getting a hold of your opponent, scheduling a match.. or anything else, post here or PM either me, profit or Son1x ASAP. I don't think there will be room for anymore extensions once we get past this first round.

That being said, now is the time for everyone to chime in, are the deadlines reasonable? or should they be longer? Does anyone have any issues with the set up as is right now?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Good games man.

What was the 3rd game btw? I'll look at it later.

My match with DerZuhalter will be this Wednesday after we have worked out a time.
Just a random stephano game lol. It's old habit from old gaf tournaments where I hosted replays to keep spoiler free.

Ketch

GGs everyone! Deadline for round 1 is over, the OP has been updated. Please start scheduling you're round 2 games! This train just won't slow down.

Deadline for Round 3 Winners Bracket / Round 2 Losers Bracket - 8pm, 2 June 2013

I understand that your round two opponent may not be decided yet; but why not look at the bracket, see who you're opponents might be, and try to get in touch with both of them?

I really appreciate everyone's efforts in meeting the deadlines! Props to Corran for getting his games done even though he's in the middle of moving. So that's awesome.

Ketch

I'm contemplating pushing back the round two deadline from Wednesday to Sunday.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? How has scheduling your round 2 matches gone? Anyone actually plan on having their games done by Wednesday?

Paches

I'm contemplating pushing back the round two deadline from Wednesday to Sunday.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? How has scheduling your round 2 matches gone? Anyone actually plan on having their games done by Wednesday?

Xen and I are on track to have it happen on Wednesday (or Tuesday). But I think pushing it back wouldn't harm anything if people need some time.

profit

Just seems like the deadline is coming up fast and I haven't heard anything about matches being scheduled.

I'm trying to set my games up with Wunder, but the time difference and work being quite busy for me is making it quite hard to get it done....
It seems the weekends is the ideal time for people to get their matches done, so I would suggest pushing the deadline for round two till next sunday. Giving everyone a week time to get their matches done for each round.

Ketch

I'm trying to set my games up with Wunder, but the time difference and work being quite busy for me is making it quite hard to get it done....
It seems the weekends is the ideal time for people to get their matches done, so I would suggest pushing the deadline for round two till next sunday. Giving everyone a week time to get their matches done for each round.

Yea, I guess we'll probably do that....

If you're out there Son1x, you have any input on this?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
GGs everyone! Deadline for round 1 is over, the OP has been updated. Please start scheduling you're round 2 games! This train just won't slow down.

Deadline for Round 3 Winners Bracket / Round 2 Losers Bracket - 8pm, 2 June 2013

I understand that your round two opponent may not be decided yet; but why not look at the bracket, see who you're opponents might be, and try to get in touch with both of them?

I really appreciate everyone's efforts in meeting the deadlines! Props to Corran for getting his games done even though he's in the middle of moving. So that's awesome.

Thanks to Crimsonlink for being understanding and willing to wait till sunday with little contact from me throughout the last few days.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i feel like i should leave my add info in this thread:

name: COOLIO
char code: 698

edit: btw, i just pmed mercviper, he said hed only be free after monday so we should have our match done tommorow.

V_Arnold

Oldern vs Ketch : 2-1

Good games. It was closer that it should have been, considering that I was supposed to be a high platinum, but I am MOE than rusty. MOE than rusty.

(Also, there is nothing better than contemplating what to spend on my 2k/2k bank only to geta ling runby and see my whole tech tree get destroyed. Luckily, I was able to repay that favor in game 3.)

Ketch

Oldern VS Ketch
2-1

http://drop.sc/338554
http://drop.sc/338555
http://drop.sc/338556

Analysis/Comments:
First off GGs Oldern, that was probably the best I've ever played that match up. I really like how the spore buff has changed ZvZ. I really hated ZvZ before like REALLY hated it, but now there's a lot more options available.

(Spoilers obviously, watch the games first!):

Game 1: I think I blacked out game one, I don't remember what I was trying to do, but I do remember loosing to mutas... so Mutas are still a thing in ZvZ.

Game 2: 10 pool ketch! WOOOOO thanks alyinato! I felt really good about that because I didn't over commit, and I saw him build so much defense so I felt really comfortable the whole game. I think this is how I'm going to play the match up going forward.

Game 3: I also felt really good, my original plan was to go fast muta, but I built a roach warren for defense, and then decided to try to do a roach timing, which was super effective! Except for his sneaky hidden base (Oldern is obviously the bad guy in this match up). I saw his mutas and had good defense against them, but I didn't know he had another base until it was waaaaay to late and I just got out numbered.

edit: So many spoilers arnold!!!!!!

V_Arnold

Sorry....
Also, I kinda fucked myself up because I have read your post about learning 10pool. I knew I can hold that, but I always kinda expected that, hence the conservative start at game and game2...

10 pool is not that big of a danger on big maps, as seen. By the time they arrive, more lings are about to pop than the amount of reinforcement that is capable of coming.

Ketch

Sorry....
Also, I kinda fucked myself up because I have read your post about learning 10pool. I knew I can hold that, but I always kinda expected that, hence the conservative start at game and game2...

Oh yea man, that was my meta strategy. Spend a whole week talking about cheese "Hey, everybody I just learned how to 10 pool! It's awesome! I'm gonna use it vs oldern!" and then play macro style. =)

I wish I was that smart

Ketch

Ok I'm looking at the bracket, and I'm going to extend the deadline for round two (also loser bracket round 1) to Friday, 31 May at 8pm Pacific.

However, the deadline for round 3 isn't going to change, it will remain Sunday, June 2nd at 8pm Pacific. It's only 2 matches, and I'm confident everyone involved will do their best to get their games in, so it shouldn't be an issue.

This will give us all next week to do semifinals and the rest of loser brackets, and then finals will hopefully be the weekend of 8/9 June.

Edit: Updated the OP with the dates. I really want to make these stick! No more pushbacks or delays! (I'm looking at you loosers bracket!)

Tournament dates and times (all times are Pacific DST, UTC -7):
Deadline for Standard Registration (Closed)/Matches begin! - 8 pm, 22 May 2013
Deadline for Round 1 - 8 pm, 26 May 2013 (Completed!)
Deadline for Round 2 Winners Bracket / Round 1 Losers Bracket - 8pm, 31 May 2013
Deadline for Semifinals and remainder of Losers Bracket - 8pm, 7 June 2013
Finals! - Weekend of 8/9 June! Exact dates & times TBD!

Everyone is doing a great job. I think we've seen some really good games, and their about to get even better. Lets keep it up! GLGLGGHF!

Please report in here when you have contacted your opponent and scheduled a time, just so I know that things are moving along.

DerZuhälter;59835217 said:
We can go at it today if you like as well. Kinda got fed up today with SC2 after a bunch of lost games :\ .

Sorry not available today. Maybe around midnight EST but thats only if you are up at that time lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What the fuck.
How did I not know about this.

Someone give me a HotS account so I can cast and do production. I just need someone who actually knows the game with me.

DerZuhälter;59948693 said:
When are you available today? If you are free in the afternoon (EST) this'd be great. Tomorrow is a holiday and I'll probably be going out later that evening (CET).

Available today from 12 PM EST to 7PM EST. Don't know the conversion from EST to CET.

Top Bottom