• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: 2013 StarGAF Open

Ketch

Any updates on Renyla vs Oldern or Suberatz vs Son1x?

Last I heard Suberatz vs Son1x is tomorrow or possibly Monday. However, I'm not sure on the status of Renyla vs Oldern.... Keep us updated guys. Deadline is tomorrow night 8pm Pacific.

V_Arnold

Renlya vs Oldern: 1-2

Good games, man. First game was a simple and agressive roach attack from me on Akilon - as I saw the hatch first and figured, "why not". Second game was a looong game in Neo Planet S, where we kept destroying each other's bases, and even though I had mutas, I botched the final attack horribly as Renyla used his infestors with perfect fungals, decimating my whole army - that was the breakpoint :)

Then, I anticipated no banes in Whirlwind, and won with a speedling agression.

Cant wait for my masters or diamond-level opponent. Bring the pain, my body already accepted the defeat :p

profit

Renlya vs Oldern: 1-2

Good games, man. First game was a simple and agressive roach attack from me on Akilon - as I saw the hatch first and figured, "why not". Second game was a looong game in Neo Planet S, where we kept destroying each other's bases, and even though I had mutas, I botched the final attack horribly as Renyla used his infestors with perfect fungals, decimating my whole army - that was the breakpoint :)

Then, I anticipated no banes in Whirlwind, and won with a speedling agression.

Cant wait for my masters or diamond-level opponent. Bring the pain, my body already accepted the defeat :p

Thanks for updating us guys.

Son1x

Suberzat and I are going to play anytime now. NA server, if anyones interested.

edit: Looks like he isn't coming online?
edit #2: He is online now, we are about to start the first map

Ketch

Big shout out to everyone who has been diligently getting their games done! We are getting ever closer to crowning a champion. Congratulations to Shake for being our first player to make it into the semi-finals! Shake hasn't dropped a single game yet, and has been called the greatest player of all time. But this tournament is not over, and he could easily fail miserably when it matters most. So lets see this tournament through to the end.

Speaking of, we are way behind on my arbitrary schedule. So I don't know what we should do. I do know that what we have for the deadlines right now is gonna have to change (AGAIN).

Tournament dates and times (all times are Pacific DST, UTC -7):
Deadline for Standard Registration (Closed)/Matches begin! - 8 pm, 22 May 2013
Deadline for Round 1 - 8 pm, 26 May 2013 (Completed!)
Deadline for Round 2 Winners Bracket / Round 1 Losers Bracket - 8pm, 31 May 2013
Deadline for Round 3 Winners Bracket / Round 2 Losers Bracket - 8pm, 2 June 2013
Deadline for Semifinals and remainder of Losers Bracket - 8pm, 7 June 2013
Finals! - Weekend of 8/9 June! Exact dates & times TBD!

http://challonge.com/StarGAF

Round 1 loser's bracket is almost finished, waiting on Qikz VS Son1x.
Round 2 winner's bracket is finished. Round 3 is half way done, waiting on EJ vs Paches.

Round 2 loser's bracket is the big one. We've got 3 matches to be played, and one person is going to have to play in two of them. So for you guys who in the loser's bracket, what do you want to do? Is this Friday doable? If we finished round 2 loser's bracket by Friday, then we could try to do round 3 loser's bracket over the weekend.

Then we'll do the semi finals over the week, and have the finals on saturday the 15th.

But here's the thing, if nobody responds to this post, then I'll just have to guess on the deadlines, and people will need extensions and we won't be able to finish the semi finals by Friday and we'll have to wait a-whole-nother week to play the finals. Which is fine, it doesn't really matter, but it's up to you guys. You gotta let me know so I can update the OP, if we don't update the OP then the terrorists win. Just remember the deadlines only exist so we can punish people who are busy during the week.

I need to get more sleep.

Wunder

I'm playing my Round 3 Loser's against Corran soon-ish, should be in a few hours, so I think if Qikz/Son1x can get going we could hit our schedule if we wanted to. I think it's mainly up to Qikz/Son1x and Coolio since everything else should be on track?

Ketch

Problem is timezones... trying to schedule a match between NA and EU can be a real pain in the ass during the week, and then it may end up being another NA vs EU match right after that.

So you know, it's to be expected.... but we are so close! and I am excite!

Edit:
Is staydead NA or EU?

I think we need to hear from son1x as he's our EU player.

StayDead

I'm from the UK but I'm up util 2AM my time so America time is no issue for me.

Soni1x, want to play our game tonight about 7:30 BST?

Sorry about being slow with our game, I didn't realise them two had finally played.

Son1x

I'm from the UK but I'm up util 2AM my time so America time is no issue for me.

Soni1x, want to play our game tonight about 7:30 BST?

Sorry about being slow with our game, I didn't realise them two had finally played.

Don't worry its not your fault at all. The schedule killed me the most, since I'm the only one that started in WB R2 then got to LB R1 (as opposed to R2). Didn't help that Suberzat and I couldn't find a good time to play (being 7 hours apart definitely atributed to that) so we finaly played on Sunday night.

I might have something at 8:00 my time (7:00 yours) so I'd prefer before or after that. 6:00 BST or ~8:30BST if possible?

StayDead

Don't worry its not your fault at all. The schedule killed me the most, since I'm the only one that started in WB R2 then got to LB R1 (as opposed to R2). Didn't help that Suberzat and I couldn't find a good time to play (being 7 hours apart definitely atributed to that) so we finaly played on Sunday night.

I might have something at 8:00 my time (7:00 yours) so I'd prefer before or after that. 6:00 BST or ~8:30BST if possible?

I could play at 6. ^^

StayDead

Is there any chance you could make it like 8PM? I've got a Revision Tutorial which starts around the time you've said and it'll last a few hours I think.

Ketch

Ok I here's what the new deadlines are gonna be (changes in bold):

Tournament dates and times (all times are Pacific DST, UTC -7):
Deadline for Standard Registration (Closed)/Matches begin! - 8 pm, 22 May 2013
Deadline for Round 1 - 8 pm, 26 May 2013 (Completed!)
Deadline for Round 2 Winners Bracket / Round 1 Losers Bracket (Completed!)
Deadline for Round 3 Winners Bracket / Round 2 Losers Bracket - 8pm, 7 June 2013
Winners Bracket Semifinals / Losers Bracket Round 3 - 8pm, 9 June 2013
Loser's Bracket Semifinals - 8pm, 14 June 2013
Finals! - 15 June! Exact times TBD!

And for these purposes I think the Loser's bracket semifinals are matches AF, AG, AH, and AI.
http://challonge.com/stargaf

Also, Anyone who knows how to make good threads want to volunteer to help with making a finals thread to post on gaming side proper?

Sound good to everyone?! We're getting close =)

StayDead

Oh damnit I've forgotten savings time again. I hate to ask this, but is there any chance you'll be able to play tomorrow Coolio? I realise I'm mucking around the deadlines and I apologise for that, but I really need to try and get early nights (atleast as early as I can) this week as I've got my first exam in a week or so.

Would this time tomorrow be ok for you to play? I can probably do that, but starting any later would mean I'd need to stay up late and I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Oh damnit I've forgotten savings time again. I hate to ask this, but is there any chance you'll be able to play tomorrow Coolio? I realise I'm mucking around the deadlines and I apologise for that, but I really need to try and get early nights (atleast as early as I can) this week as I've got my first exam in a week or so.

Would this time tomorrow be ok for you to play? I can probably do that, but starting any later would mean I'd need to stay up late and I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

ya np! tommorow at 3 pm est sound good?

Top Bottom