• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
I never have rooting interest but I'm rooting for Cristiano to win this by himself.

In reality I expect a boring Spain win. I still see them above all.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
You do understand the implications of a final game between us and Argentina at home, right? The country will burst into either it's greatest moment of joy, or an orgy of destruction.
I'm pretty sure that if Brazil makes it to the final and doesn't win, a war will erupt or something :p

NippyFatherlyCormorant.gif

Fularu

Banned
Damn, USA is ranked higher than I thought. If the sport got even as popular as ice hockey is here I bet the team would always be ranked top 5.

Doubtfull. I mean the US lacks good training centers and good coachs period. I believe that Drafting and relying on underleague teams to form your "top players" that you'll later draft is, in the end, harmfull to the overall level of the game (and of the players) in the US.

The top european teams are there because they handpick players as young as 6 and form them, mold them to the needs of the club, there's vision, there's long term planing, there's proper team building.

That just doesn't really exist with a drafting process (everyone is average instead of having some very good, reliable teams that perform all the time)

Doubtfull. I mean the US lacks good training centers and good coachs period. I believe that Drafting and relying on underleague teams to form your "top players" that you'll later draft is, in the end, harmfull to the overall level of the game (and of the players) in the US.

oh no doubt it definitely is but that idea and culture is slowly changing. there definitely is a larger foreign influence on soccer/football in america and it looks like the whole college/minor league system is slowly going by the wayside.

I do fully expect the US to compete in my lifetime, even if it takes 50 years (and hopefully I'll live to see it)

You're an England fan? My condolences gringo.

Gratefully accepted :(

McLaren: Just way out of his depth
Capello: Negative football in a team that tbf, had far more quality in defense than in attack
Hodgson: Negative football even though we have a potentially very exciting team

Damn it.

---------------------------------Hart------------------------------------

Flanagan*-------Cahill------------Jagielka------------Baines

-------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Wilshere--------------------------

----------------------------Henderson------------------------------
------Chamberlain-------------------------------Sterling--------

--------------------------------Sturridge----------------------------

*anyone but Johnson, Walker and Milner

That'd be a joy to watch under a Rodgers or Pellegrini, would give us the best chance of lessening Pirlo's impact and retrieving the ball high up the pitch, give us a massive amount of pace up top, let us control the middle with 2 good passers and a carrier, and would make us solid against the counter if Flanagan moved more centrally when Baines went forward, and one of Gerrard and Wilshere stayed back a little while the other marauded forward.

Sterling and Chamberlain as well as being quality attackers, are also pretty resolute in covering their fullbacks when necessary, and Sturridge is a huge threat in behind, forcing teams to play a deep backline, giving us more control. Only real problem as far as I can tell would be a lack of threat in the air, but that's a small price to pay for the theoretical advantages. Plus, we'd need Wilshere to improve, as he'd be our metronome in that system.

Unfortunately it requires the bollocks to drop Rooney, and the bollocks to go bollocks-out, bollocks which Hodgson just doesn't have, never has had, and never will have.

Making this entire post a pointless load of hypothetical bollocks.

Bollocks.

Also, people can do one with their 'leave Chamberlain or Sterling on the bench to make an impact against tired legs' ideas. Play your best players from the start and try to lessen the chances of leaving yourselves in a position where you need an impact from the bench. Plus, Rooney and Barkley would be pretty damn good impact-subs if necessary. Though Rooney would throw a hissy-fit and threaten to retire from international duty if he was ever ousted from an automatic starting place.

Qvoth

Someone good with making gifs or webms should really make some from that advertisement, that was really some cool shit

Jack cw

I dont know whats wrong this time but I cant get hyped... I'm not feeling anything for this WC. Maybe its because I expect nothing from my team but that artificial hyping just leaves me cold... If only Bayern Munich could win the world cup.

I'm predicting it.

Ghana will beat the USA, Portugal and draw Germany.

wrong. USA will crush Chana, tie Portugal, and lose to Germany.

Portugal will lose to both Germany and Ghana, tie USA

Ghana will beat Portugal, lose to USA/Germany

Germany wins all three with potential of tying USA

EagleCrying.bmp

USSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't really believe what I just wrote, but I can pray...right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I want the US to progress AS FAR AS POSSIBLE just so we can read their hilarious magazine covers

Gotta love the Americans

I want the US to progress AS FAR AS POSSIBLE just so we can read their hilarious magazine covers

Gotta love the Americans
urban-acheivers-e1362597699181.jpg

Without Americuh there would be no Jesus, No Dippin' Dots, no PBR, no Lumber Liquidators, no kick-ass SUVs. What the hell would the rest of the world do all day without us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom