• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to root for my country, Russia and when we'll lose in 1/8 or maybe 1/4 i'm going to root for Germany, i fucking love Germany and their football team.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah I'm going to root for my country too (Costa Rica) but when we get eliminated in semifinals I might as well just root for whoever beat us.

KuGsj.gif

Acorn

Hoping for as good an opener as 2006 when Frings and Lahm scored 30 yard screamers. More of that and less brrrrrrrrrrr

Ghana's role is to spoil Group G, they have that ''thing'' to upset one of the three other teams and some of us Group G followers will eat crow

trixx

There is no way in hell Ghana can beat Germany or Portugal.

Welp we'll just have to wait and see. Ghana doesn't necesserily have to win against them anyways.

Tough group for my country but i'm optimistic and i like the underdog role. Good luck to all the countries in Group G. Group G has best 1st day of matches imo. Should be great.

edit:Just seen some friendlies of other teams.. this will be real tough.

Damn those noises =/.

Mathezar

lol, strange poll. Everyone I know is rooting against Spain (because 4 years ago) or Germany as usual.

Anyway, I don't think becoming at least second in our pool should be hard for The Netherlands, but after that... I'll form an opinion once I've seen them play.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It’s reported France manager Didier Deschamps called for an investigation after a drone buzzed their training session.

There are suggestions a drone – a small unmanned flying machine generally used to spy on military targets – flew over the training camp in Ribeirao Preto yesterday.

News agency Ansa claims many of the players joked about the drone, but that Coach Deschamps and his staff were less amused by the incident.

They fear one of their opponents in the World Cup, or even the French media, are attempting to spy on closed training sessions.

France are in Group E with Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras.

Switzerland pls

GOD DAMN IT

As an Argentine fan, my absolute favorite part about past cups is the singing and chanting you hear from the fans during the games. The vuvuzela and now this weird piece of crap excuse for an "instrument" totally ruin those moments for me.

FORTUNATELY, FIFA isn't messing around and has already banned this garbage from the World Cup. We're saved!

Note to all future World Cup hosts: please don't invent/appropriate crappy, noisy instruments in attempt to cash in on a craze. These silly pieces of plastic ruin a game's atmosphere, sound horrible, and force me to watch the game on mute to avoid droning nonsense. We want to hear the "Oles," the "God Save the Queen," and the other united cheers reverbating throughout the stadiums.

Santiako

As an Argentine fan, my absolute favorite part about past cups is the singing and chanting you hear from the fans during the games. The vuvuzela and now this weird piece of crap excuse for an "instrument" totally ruin those moments for me.

FORTUNATELY, FIFA isn't messing around and has already banned this garbage from the World Cup. We're saved!

Note to all future World Cup hosts: please don't invent/appropriate crappy, noisy instruments in attempt to cash in on a craze. These silly pieces of plastic ruin a game's atmosphere, sound horrible, and force me to watch the game on mute to avoid droning nonsense. We want to hear the "Oles," the "God Save the Queen," and the other united cheers reverbating throughout the stadiums.
ce03bebc7aa3ca9866c1d4840a45d206ef7a3135_m.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

What's REALLY wrong with Tevez? Why's he not going to the World Cup? I mean...surely he's better than Palacio?

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/jG6Rwv5.jpg[IMG]

Do the stadiums have the Goal line tech installed?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think they're using a different provider for the tech than the Premier League used this season, but it's of course the same concept.

Fox318

I want Military in the stadiums to destroy any brrr instruments on the spot.

I'm sure they will be shooting protesters anyway. Won't be too much work for them.

Yes. I think they're using a different provider for the tech than the Premier League used this season, but it's of course the same concept.

With all of the stadium problems I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't install it.

Tubie

What's REALLY wrong with Tevez? Why's he not going to the World Cup? I mean...surely he's better than Palacio?

Maradona said in an interview he thinks it was because Tevez doesn't get a long with a few in the squad and throws a fit if left on the bench. Argentina has enough attacking power anyway, Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi and Higuain... Their defense and midfield is worrying tho (lol Gago is in this squad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom