• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cremino

Think some of footy GAF were saying tiki taka was a declining system for Barca and Spain. They were right.

Its not on the basis of just this game though. Barca haven't been at their best for a few seasons. Their midfield is too slow and weak now. Their defence without Puyol is a shambles and the declining midfield can't compensate for it.

Yeah, Spain decline reflects Barca's and Tiki Taka decline. Del Bosque shoud have watched more Atletico/Real Madrid matches and considered more the spanish players from the Premier League

Wes

venison crêpe
BqCf_DACQAAVbpK.jpg

Tapiozona

Banned
Probably been mentioned before. Is there an option to hide this thread from the Off-Topic list of threads since it contains spoilers for all of those who are DVRing the game and trying not to be spoiled?

keit4

Banned
He also took it upon himself to headbutt another player for no good reason. He couldn't go one match without doing it. I'd rather he stay on the bench than cause us to play one man down.

Don't blame Costa, blame Ramos, Pique and Casillas instead. Especially the latter. I can't understand how that useless c**t is a starter in this team...

Live in Japan right now and had to stay up until 6 am for this match and here I am, still shaking from excitement as if I just awoke from 8 hours of solid sleep. This was fucking amazing, holy shit, excuse me as I go back to trembling and making weird noises of excitement.

inky

Gonna go eat something.

Chile needs to grab this opportunity and score as many as they can now. The battle for second place is going to be brutal in this group.

sphinx

the piano man
so who do you guys want to be the winner in the last game of the day?

I prefer Chile, latinamerican brothers gogogogo.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Rooting for Straya. Not because I want Spain to pass (honestly, after this shit show they deserve to be flown back already) but because I always love to see smaller teams doing good.

Casillas most overrated keeper in the tourney. Was almost as bad as the Croatian keeper yesterday. Who are these people who keep putting him in the "top 50" and such lists? Have they not been watching his club games? At this point Tim Howard is much better than Casillas.
Maybe all these "football fans" that claimed he was better than Buffon will see the light now. Buffon was always twice the goalie Casillas ever was, even at his peak.

Here's hope Spain get their stuff together for the likely Brazil game in the round of 16.

so who do you guys want to be the winner in the last game of the day?

I prefer Chile, latinamerican brothers gogogogo.
Rooting for Australia! Sorry Arturo, you need to go home soon and rest. You'd lose against Brazil anyway

Dat thread title change LOL.

Australia win I'm stoked and we get another underdog win. Chile win and they make Spain getting out of the group tough.

Football wins either way.

Paracelsus

In defense of Torres: you can see the defender pulled a miracle with his left leg while sliding down, it's not Torres botching the stop. Blame gifs for not being 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom