• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
That Robben laugh in the background

1402693610704.jpg

The best.

Maybe all these "football fans" that claimed he was better than Buffon will see the light now. Buffon was always twice the goalie Casillas ever was, even at his peak.

Here's hope Spain get their stuff together for the likely Brazil game in the round of 16.

For his age, Buffon at the World Cup final in 2006 was one the most amazing goalie performances I've ever seen. Some of Zidane's attempts were insane.

smurfx

get some go again
i'll be rooting for the netherlands until the end of the world cup unless they somehow play mexico. i don't watch futbol often but damn that play was incredible.

Ensirius

Just wanted to come by and congratulate fellow dutch peeps for humilliating my national team.

Even if we do beat chile or Australia, and get through, I believe my national team needs some serious renovation, starting with out coach.

Anyway congrats Netherlands, you were far superior tonight.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
And with that, the World Cup really starts.

Entertaining match but Spain fell absolutely fell apart after the third goal.

Adrian Giles is a poor host, and their commentating staff are awful.

Especially bloody Townsend and tyldesley.

The pundits they had on analysing the games were light years ahead of the BBC guys though and that's the most important thing.

The guys they have now for the World Cup are abysmal though :/

Maybe all these "football fans" that claimed he was better than Buffon will see the light now. Buffon was always twice the goalie Casillas ever was, even at his peak.

itNSxWQQyTPcs.gif

sphinx

the piano man
so I got my pretty badass avatar going, in case people wonder which are my two teams.

As a mexican living in germany, I pledge support to both.

image.php

Casillas has always been fairly pedestrian in every other facet of goal keeping besides shot-stopping.

He was just really really really good at shot-stopping and made up for everything else.

PsychBat!

Banned
Man, this thread went up at least 50 pages since Robben and RVP scored. I watched the entire thing. I was laughing hysterically at the humiliation Spain went through.

This was the best match so far. Iker is DEAD. The reign of Spain is nearly over, I'm just waiting until they get eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom