• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
for that one it isn't even Casillas goal although he ends up looking like a fool, what the fuck is Pique and Ramos doing.... Casillas closes it down as well as he can, slows it down more than enough to them getting it... But they decide to both run into the goal instead lol

Edit : Oh that's not Pique is it? I think Pique is the one falling over like a clown up there lol.

If I was defending for Casillas, I would have no confidence in him on the 1-1 and run for goal too. I believe that's the thinking. Had they not run to the goal, Robben would have lobbed it past Casillas easily.

BqCe-wgIMAA-LQJ.jpg

If I was defending for Casillas, I would have no confidence in him on the 1-1 and run for goal too. I believe that's the thinking. Had they not run to the goal, Robben would have lobbed it past Casillas easily.

Well either way there's not much more he could really do, as Ramos is just getting completely done by some 50 year old's pace.

Wes

venison crêpe
Can Spain make it out of group now?

They have to beat Chile to have any chance you would think. Even then, their goal difference is so bad they will have to score a shedload against Australia in case Chile, who are expected to beat the Aussies tonight, also beat the Netherlands leaving those 3 teams all on 6 points.

It has really set the group up nicely.

bud23

Jesus. The hate against Spain is just toxic. I can´t even imagine the scale of the meltdowns here when we win this WC. It will be epic.

Magni

why are people assuming Chile beating Australia means trouble for Spain??

because of the ranking so far?

Australia is the lowest seeded team in the tournament, and Chile is a pretty good side (considered by some as a dark horse to win it all this year).

Carn82

It would be hilarious if we also decimate Portugal, but I`m not sure if that's possible regarding tournament structure #slightly drunk

If they played exactly like they played today? Sorry but I think they will. That doesn't mean the score will be high, maybe 2-0 or 3-1.

Chile is different kind of team than Spain. Same game plan will not have same effects. Not to mention as good as Netherlands were Spain didn't play that well. They just gave up after third goal. I think it's anybody's game.

PsychBat!

Banned
THIS GAME guyS, THIS DAMND GAME

fKqkiFm.jpg

Damn, holy shit!

Ah, well, Spain cracked after the fumble third goal, I'm not sure this means anything yet. They lost the first match in 2010 too. But it's good to see Spain still can't score shit. Their only goal was from an underserved penalty, so the other teams should see their chances.

Spain's morale must be low after that humiliation. It must sting some more after they won against them in the last WC final. Right now it's gonna be extra difficult for Spain to make a rebound.

What a game. Still can't believe it. Feel sorry for Azpi making his debut in a big tournament and being totally isolated on the right hand side but along with his compatriots he had a poor game. Holland wanted it a lot more and played outstanding. Robben's second was just beautiful. destroying Ramos then toying with Casillas before spanking it in. Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom