• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vidal played the last two friendlies I believe. He's fine. Why save him? Chile aren't guaranteed to get past the group and tonight is their most winnable game. They can't afford to lose it. Play him no doubt.

i feel so bad for casillas though, what a mind fuck thats gotta be going into the lockeroom, id probably cry all night letting them goals go through like that. Wonder if he'll get replaced next game?

Chris R

Don't care who wins this game, just want someone to win it. A draw would give Spain the edge they need to get out of the group.

jordisok

You probably react the same when barca loses, no? It is just how it is. Nobody likes to see the same boring winners.

I don't really understand this, maybe in part because England never really have much chance of winning anything, but I don't get salty at Spain. I think its amazing they've won 3 tournaments in a row, I wouldn't have enjoyed the last 3 tournaments any more if the winners were different?!

Ifrit

KuGsj.gif
just noticed the new thread title

WriterGK

The Guardian:

That. Was. Liquid. Football. A result that will send shockwaves throughout the rest of the tournament. Who saw that coming? No one. Well, Louis van Gaal probably did. But no one else. I can't believe what we've just seen. The world champions have been battered beyond all recognition by a Holland team that not many people were willing to back tonight. What a performance from Holland - Van Persie, Blind and Robben were all superb and Spain's high line was destroyed. Can Spain recover from this? The psychological damage will be huge. This World Cup has just caught fire. Thanks for reading. Night.

Man man man. My girlfriend has to pinch my arms tomorrow, because I am dreaming baby! I felt like this when we beated Brazil 2-1 four years ago, but this feels even more surreal. I hardly can believe it. That second halve was fantastic. Robben 9.5 Van Persie 9.0 Vlaar 8.5 , Sneijder 8, De Guzman 5.0, De Vrij 7, CIllesen 7.5 , Martins Indi 6.5 Janmaat 7 Wijnaldum 6.5 Lens 6.0 , Blind 9 , De Jong 7

Really not happy about the game but the Netherlands played great football and Spain fell apart. And casillas sucked

Going for the socceroos but expect a Chile win 2-1

Uhh, 1-0 isn't 5-1. 5-1 is a big enough score to accurately show the state of the team as of now.

I have watched too many team sports tournaments to say anything based on one game. I have seen too many times Canada playing like shit in first game in ice hockey during olympics and then steamrolling to gold. For all we know this could have been huge wake up call for Spain that they are not as bad as the numbers show and then they will play way better in next games. Of course opposite could happen too.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
So many people on that RVP bandwagon now. The person you all need to be celebrating is Robben for real though, dude is the heart of the team and single handedly dismantled the Spanish national team lmao. He never stops running.

roytheone

God damn. This result is so much better than I could ever hope for. I honestly had very little fate in a good outcome before the match, but jezus, that second half was unbelievable.

Clegg

There was someone in the Champions League final thread who insisted that Sergio Ramos was a world class defender. I hope this game showed how very wrong that opinion is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom