• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I want Australia to win this. I don't think I've ever met a sound Aussie and I also hated the country when I went. But I do like Home and Away. Neighbours used to be ok too in the Holly Valance era. I'm torn. Like Natalie Imbruglia.

Have you ever drunk in a Walkabout bar and enjoyed it? If not, go for Chile.

Suen

Is Spain-GAF alive? :lol

What has The Netherlands ever done to you to deserve this hatred? And to think I like the Azzurri.

But, man, this game. THIS. GAME. Blind is GOAT. Totally deserved the spotlight as the Eredivisie footballer of the year. A bit sad he's going to leave Ajax, but nothing you can do when you can produce crosses he's shown today. So proud of this team.

I'm in the mood for some bar hopping and get shitfaced tonight. Anyone in the vicinity of Utrecht?
I've always loved Windmill FC. We're all Dutch today. Tiki Taka has been defeated, football is alive.

You're dead Australia-GAF, but good luck to both sides.

rvp61s22.gif

iZuOhJP5WqfJi.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
Ehm, the NOS is only showing a zoomed in shot of Cahill. Show the entire field dammit, haha.
Edit: Nevermind, apparently that's one of the two stream on their website.

I would love to watch a Round of 16 clash between Mexico and Chile. Both are evenly-matched, play with an attacking style, and the fans in the stadium never seem to stop singing and cheering.

GBG

Banned
Have you ever drunk in a Walkabout bar and enjoyed it? If not, go for Chile.

Yes I have, in the walkabout in Birmingham. Downstairs was pretty good, gash central, but it's not really Australian is it? Except that they serve that Fosters pish on tap.

I've also been to the Dancing Dingo in Göteborg which is an Aussie bar full of hot swedish snatch looking for foreign penis. I put on my poshest received pronunciation that day I tell you.

RedFalco

Not sure if this has been posted here, the Chilean miners that had been trapped created a video to support their team. If the Chilean team isnt pumped with this speech to do well in the world cup i dont know what will. Im not even Chilean and i still thought it was quite emotive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZHwdI3bh9Q
Those English subs arent the greatest but i think they get the point across.

Zizbuka

Banned
I've always been a very fringe soccer fan..... ok, not really a fan at all. It's not the lack of scoring as much as the lack of attacking. They seem to kick the ball to their own goal more than the opposing goal. And with hockey being my #1 sport........

But, I watched the opening ceremony, and I thought it was really well done. Watched the Brazil game, and kinda got into it. Watched Spain vs Holland today a bit, and that was exciting. I think I'm starting to understand the game more.

And you know what's really cool; about 100 times per match somebody drops dead and comes back to life in seconds. One guy had his foot stepped on, he died and ended up in the fetal position.........then he was fine. Amazing athletes.

They were robbed by Italy a few years back by a penalty at the very end. Must be 8 years ago now, never forgot that.
I know I'm still laughing about that one. Dat Totti stare before the pk.

I guess they did beat Japan, so they're apparently capable of winning. Cheering for them tonight.

Well shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom