• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

Wait what do people have against Iran. As an Iranian that makes me sad :(

anyway I hope they get at least a win against Bosnia. I don't expect a win or draw against Nigeria.

Other than that I'm supporting Colombia because I like their aggressive style of play and they're dark horses, really sucks Falcao is injured.
I don't know why, but I'm expecting Iran to be second in our group.

Acorn

Wait what do people have against Iran. As an Iranian that makes me sad :(

anyway I hope they get at least a win against Bosnia. I don't expect a win or draw against Nigeria.

Other than that I'm supporting Colombia because I like their aggressive style of play and they're dark horses, really sucks Falcao is injured.
Axis of evil, Khomeini, Nuclear sabre rattling etc etc

They should have just included cities in the South, what's the point of playing in the middle of freaking Amazonia. That would have added to the quality of the games due to the more suitable climate and avoided strenuous travels for the teams, since most of them have chosen to be based in the South regardless of where their matches are played.

Manaus, Natal, ... don't even have any major football teams for god's sake.

As an Argentine fan, my absolute favorite part about past cups is the singing and chanting you hear from the fans during the games. The vuvuzela and now this weird piece of crap excuse for an "instrument" totally ruin those moments for me.

FORTUNATELY, FIFA isn't messing around and has already banned this garbage from the World Cup. We're saved!

Note to all future World Cup hosts: please don't invent/appropriate crappy, noisy instruments in attempt to cash in on a craze. These silly pieces of plastic ruin a game's atmosphere, sound horrible, and force me to watch the game on mute to avoid droning nonsense. We want to hear the "Oles," the "God Save the Queen," and the other united cheers reverbating throughout the stadiums.

Thank God! This is great news... I love the vibe of chants, drums, people cheering and singing. I watched the last WC with the volume rather low, most of the time.

What's REALLY wrong with Tevez? Why's he not going to the World Cup? I mean...surely he's better than Palacio?

Maradona said in an interview he thinks it was because Tevez doesn't get a long with a few in the squad and throws a fit if left on the bench. Argentina has enough attacking power anyway, Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Lavezzi and Higuain... Their defense and midfield is worrying tho (lol Gago is in this squad).

Tevez is such an unpredictable guy that I understand his omission. He usually plays fearlessly and with more heart and drive than anyone else on the pitch, then the next game he completely clogs up the front middle, over commits to his dribble, and disappears for key parts of the match.

Personally, I would have him on the squad. Having said that, the rumor going around the soccer world is he's considered a prima donna, doesn't get along too well with the coaching staff, raises a big scene when he's asked to come in off the bench, and generally disrupts Messi's creative flow by cramping his space on the field.

Argentina is certainly not lacking for scoring power up front and has an embarrassment of riches on the midfield and front line. Tevez might have made a difference, but I don't know who I would replace. He's below Messi, di Maria, Aguero, and Higuain in my opinion.

dc89

Cnjeb7c.png

Holy shit.

Az

Don't expect anything less than 3 wins for Argentina. As a Bosnian, just hope for good results against Nigeria and Iran. Even though we have a horrible record against Iran.

Santiako

Nigeria this year is terrible, so either Iran or Bosnia should take the second spot. I think it will be Iran, but it's pretty even.

What kind of money can be made on betting Germany doesn't get out of their group?

I fully expect them too but it is a "group of death" and what if the climate and distractions take a toll on them on the pitch.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What kind of money can be made on betting Germany doesn't get out of their group?

I fully expect them too but it is a "group of death" and what if the climate and distractions take a toll on them on the pitch.

Considering they're the clear favorites, if it don't make it out and you bet on it I can only imagine the money you'll make.

Argentina salty over the Falklands?

You tell me. This was taken four days ago:
VBVmFSV.jpg

The Falkland Islands serve a similar scapegoat role as Israel does to Iran. Basically, whenever domestic policies fail and the economy tanks, you can always count on an Argentine politician to make inflammatory remarks about Las Malvinas. It creates popular consensus and unites folks in a lost cause that distracts them from the true fundamental problems.

I say this as a guy who was forced into a bunch of fights down there as a kid because I spoke English. Nevermind that I spoke fluent Spanish 99.9% of the time. Nevermind that I'm not British. Nevermind that I was one year old when the war happened.

feel

As an Argentine fan, my absolute favorite part about past cups is the singing and chanting you hear from the fans during the games. The vuvuzela and now this weird piece of crap excuse for an "instrument" totally ruin those moments for me.

FORTUNATELY, FIFA isn't messing around and has already banned this garbage from the World Cup. We're saved!

Note to all future World Cup hosts: please don't invent/appropriate crappy, noisy instruments in attempt to cash in on a craze. These silly pieces of plastic ruin a game's atmosphere, sound horrible, and force me to watch the game on mute to avoid droning nonsense. We want to hear the "Oles," the "God Save the Queen," and the other united cheers reverbating throughout the stadiums.
Doing some good work for once FIFA. Vuvuzelas and other similar stuff are unbearable.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm supposed to be going out tomorrow night, campaigning for the Brazil game to be at least put on on silent at pre-drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom