• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Oh well :(

I've gone from wanting a single point in the group stage to wanting a single goal :(
Don't let me down USA.

The US has scored goals fairly regularly since Klinsmann took over. I have no doubt they will score a few in Brazil. It is their defense I am worried about.

Fox318

o8citcG.jpg

Would love to see Croatia beat Brazil tomorrow, would make my day....and would make my week if we can beat Argentina on Sunday

Not going to happen. I can maybe see Croatia pulling off a 1-1 tie with Brazil, although that is very unlikely. And Argentina is getting at least 7 points in its group, but more likely all 9.

clemenx

Banned
Argentina is hilariously overrated.

Either that or everyone wants the Brazil - Argentina final. I don't see why else so many people predict them for the final.

Brazil is a tad overrated as well. But at least they have the excuse of home turf.

Not going to happen. I can maybe see Croatia pulling off a 1-1 tie with Brazil, although that is very unlikely. And Argentina is getting at least 7 points in its group, but more likely all 9.
If we can get a draw against you Ill be happy. It'll be a super tough game...but anything's possible like they say

willow ve

When the Yanks flame out (probably in group), then it's on with Oranje. I'm starting to think I need to take some personal days over the next two weeks.

Firemind

Either that or everyone wants the Brazil - Argentina final. I don't see why else so many people predict them for the final.

Brazil is a tad overrated as well. But at least they have the excuse of home turf.

Because of historical data? Who else is going to win it all in a tropical climate? Even in the WC of '94 in the US, which was kind of tropical at the time but not really, Brazil took the cup home in a dull final against Italy.

Who do you honestly rate higher than them? You don't even seem that high on Brazil (and I believe Argentina is superior to them). Spain? Germany?

If Messi plays even remotely average, they're a top five team in the tournament. If he plays the way we know he can, they're a solid number two in my book.

inky

What's your choice of snack for the world cup guys?

I got trail mix, peanuts, fresh cucumber and jicama slices, several varieties of chips and a big bag of blue M&Ms that I don't expect will last me more than a couple of matches ;P Or are you guys going to bars and shit?

Wilbur

Banned

I got trail mix, peanuts, fresh cucumber and jicama slices, several varieties of chips and a big bag of blue M&Ms that I don't expect will last me more than a couple of matches ;P Or are you guys going to bars and shit?

alcohol alcohol and alcohol

isuzu

i0IYbky.jpg

and beer

IceCold

This is all you need.
VXe1oTr.jpg

lupin beans.

woodland

Get fucked Brazil, Croatia's gonna tear them up in the first match^^.

Seriously though, hyped for the cup despite the troubles it's going through lately. Croatia #1!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

Argentina has an easy group and if everything works out as expected a very easy path to the finals after that.

BTW I can't wait to see Argentina vs. Portugal on quarterfinals.

I'll be at the airport 4.5 hours before my flight tomorrow so that I can make sure I'm through the security line and ready for the first game :)

Fry

It would be an incredible spectacle to start the cup off with.

Big picture? I am hoping for great games, no drama, and an eventual German victory.

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

The pressure will be huge on us, but we won't crumble on the first day. I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom