• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
Wow, Netherlands, well done! I must admit, as a Belgian, it was the very first time for me rooting for them instead of against. In the past, many of the Dutch players were arrogant twats and the whole nation always assumed they were going to be champions from the start. Seeing them fail was a delight back then.

But this time it's different. Players are confident without acting like jerks. And they delivered on the pitch. Great goals and 1-5 wasn't even exaggerated. I'm curious how far they'll get.
KAMPIOENUH

But thanks. Great to see Belgium back on the world stage too. I think much of the arrogance of the fans at least was always a bit tongue in cheek, but I can see that it comes off terribly grating.

Guevara

Chile 1-0

untitled-19apiap.gif

Dude passed it to himself, in the box

Carn82

Wow, Netherlands, well done! I must admit, as a Belgian, it was the very first time for me rooting for them instead of against. In the past, many of the Dutch players were arrogant twats and the whole nation always assumed they were going to be champions from the start. Seeing them fail was a delight back then.

But this time it's different. Players are confident without acting like jerks. And they delivered on the pitch. Great goals and 1-5 wasn't even exaggerated. I'm curious how far they'll get.

Hopefully the Belgians keep it levelheaded as well :) I listen to StuBru most of the time at work; hear the words 'finals' every know and then.. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom