• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm not actually that much into the history of all the matches, I just remember some of them. Still, that's why I put both of them as the ones that could stop Netherlands.
The history is Italy is the kryptonite of Germany for whatever reason. Very entertaining matches and probably the most entertaining of any tournament when the two meet. I actually don't want to face Germany because sooner or later you have to imagine they are due for a win.

ANYONEEEEEE

Sorry, I don't have a Xbox so I can't tell you that =/.

The history is Italy is the kryptonite of Germany for whatever reason. Very entertaining matches and probably the most entertaining of any tournament when the two meet. I actually don't want to face Germany because sooner or later you have to imagine they are due for a win.

Thanks for the info! I hope it turns out better for Germany this time.

Hrothgar

Brazil was absolutely NOT crushed by Holland last time. They were up 1-0 most of the time and Holland had the benefit of a huge fail by JC.

Holland showed great football tonight, but it's not always that a keeper will fail twice like Casillas did. And the 3 CBs were kinda screwy, Bruno is an inexperienced player, Vrijj is inconsistent.

I'll wait to see how Holland fares against a better attack. Costa and Torres (lol) were not the best test to their defensive system at all.

Did you watch Brasil yesterday? They were worse than todays Spain at times.

Holy fuck did Spain get schooled by the Dutch. I hate the Spanish playstyle so I was rooting for the Dutch to win that one lol.

All those possession stats meant nothing in the end. Del Bosque must be fuming at his boys lol.

I'm rooting for the Uber Alles boys this year though. They were fucking robbed 4 years ago when they totally deserved it back then.

Go Deutschland!

Sorry, I don't have a Xbox so I can't tell you that =/.

Thanks for the info! I hope it turns out better for Germany this time.
YouTube Germany v Italy 2006 cup semi-finals. One of the best matches in history. An epic 120 minute battle that italy only won in the last minute.

Also euro 2010.

Did you watch Brasil yesterday? They were worse than todays Spain at times.

The problem is that Brasil will be playing with 12 this whole Cup, I bet my ass on it. There is too much at stake for the government, and I'm sure that they've made some "deals" with Blatter.

YouTube Germany v Italy 2006 cup semi-finals. One of the best matches in history. An epic 120 minute battle that italy only won in the last minute.

Also euro 2010.

Thank you, will watch.

marioshirt.gif

GrossoGol.gif

Indeed.

$200

Banned
"Australia's Tim Cahill now has more #WorldCup goals than Lionel Messi and @Cristiano combined. #bbcworldcup"

Cahill trending on Twitter now =D

Horseress

The problem is that Brasil will be playing with 12 this whole Cup, I bet my ass on it. There is too much at stake for the government, and I'm sure that they've made some "deals" with Blatter.

LOL

there's no "deal", Fifa is fucking us up and getting all the wc money. We'll never have enough money to "make deals" with them, for god's sake. The judge from yesterday was terrible, as terrible as the ones from Mexico vs Cameroon and Nederlands vs Spain

LOL

there's no "deal", Fifa is fucking us up and getting all the wc money. We'll never have enough money to "make deals" with them, for god's sake. The judge from yesterday was terrible, as terrible as the ones from Mexico vs Cameroon and Nederlands vs Spain

I'm sorry, but I just cannot believe in anything the current government says. About the other judges, I only thought that the match between Mexico vs Cameroon was compromised, I cannot remember anything bad from the Netherlands vs Spain one.

My Spanish isn't that good, what are they saying?

I bet it's salty

I don't think that these are the right ones, but I found an article saying that one was : "Those brazilian monkeys, as you know, they have nothing to do, and get happy with Spain's defeat, making 'waves (ola)', beggars." Another one said "Brazilian monkeys, I hope you starve for the rest of your lives."

PS: THESE ARE NOT MY OPINIONS, I JUST TRANSLATED THEM.

tauroxd

My Spanish isn't that good, what are they saying?

I bet it's salty

First one goes something like: I think it's not good that brazilians are booing. Fucking monkeys.

Second one is like: The best, brazilians cheering Neatherlands, that's a reason to punch those monkeys.

feel

The overnight thread title should be about the biggest schadenfreude of each day, not necessarily the one from third match.

Horseress

I'm sorry, but I just cannot believe in anything the current government says.

I feel you broh. There's bullshit everywhere you look, but that ref is THAT bad, and, as for today's matches, we could see that in general the level of all refs is pretty low

About the other judges, I only thought that the match between Mexico vs Cameroon was compromised, I cannot remember anything bad from the Netherlands vs Spain one.

Holy shit, did not even see it from this angle.

Costa you prick
njravr.gif

This isn't a penalty.

I feel you broh. There's bullshit everywhere you look, but that ref is THAT bad, and, as for today's matches, we could see that in general the level of all refs is pretty low

This isn't a penalty.

Damn, and I just talked about that a few posts ago. Yeah, I remember it now. But in this case, even as I still think that it was bad, he faked pretty well, unfortunately, not like Fred. In the mexican match, however, the referees (most specifically the linesman) were atrocious.

It was funny that talking with friends we agreed that Mexico would lose or tie with Croatia, and yet we agreed that for some reason we 'felt' as if Mexico would win against Brazil, it made no sense but, eh, who knows, it's Mexico we're talking about. If it makes no sense then it makes sense.

It was funny that talking with friends we agreed that Mexico would lose or tie with Croatia, and yet we agreed that for some reason we 'felt' as if Mexico would win against Brazil, it made no sense but, eh, who knows, it's Mexico we're talking about. If it makes no sense then it makes sense.

Brasil usually chokes against Mexico, you're not far from it.

I think we've beaten Brazil more than they've beaten us in the past couple of years so there's a chance.. Should be a good game, regardless.

Neofx

Lost 30 euros because of the spain win. But wow, first match this world cup that was incredibly exciting. Nobody expected this.

Hup Holland Hup Viva Hollandia. Geweldig gewelig (incredible, incredible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom