• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Brasil 3-0
EZ win

ibx2v7U5XIruUT.gif

Uruguay vs Costa Rica should be interesting tomorrow. Let's not forget who Costa Rica lost to in the inter-continental playoff in 2009. I wonder if the Ticos can pull off the upset.

Disagree pretty much about everything.

verratti.jpeg

England gonna get schooled. Also, when did Italy ever show they were capable of claiming the title?
In all seriousness, I think England are favourites for tomorrow. Italy has the better players, but I'm not sure how much of a squad they are this time around.

in buffon i trust

EBreda

Disagree pretty much about everything.

verratti.jpeg

England gonna get schooled. Also, when did Italy ever show they were capable of claiming the title?
In all seriousness, I think England are favourites for tomorrow. Italy has the better players, but I'm not sure how much of a squad they are this time around.

Do you disagree that Buffon is past his prime like Casillas?
Do you disagree Balotelli has not played good football for the past 12 months?
Do you disagree that Italy's offense depends on a good Pirlo day?
Do you disagree Italy might have trouble moving forward, let alone claim the title?

I'm sincerely confident that Italy is not a huge threat. Of course I could be wrong, but I see England in better shape.

Altazor

Just back from watching the match at a friend's house. DAMN, that was tense.

On the one hand, I'm ecstatic about our victory. On the other, I am less than thrilled about how we won. We pretty much gave away our early lead (thx 4 the beautiful goals Sanchez and Valdivia <3) and grew complacent with every passing minute. I was nervous as fuck during the entire second half (that offside AUS goal and that wonderful save by Bravo didn't help either) but then Beausejour... wonderful goal. Now the fucking guy will steal a living for another 4 years. I can't believe he has scored TWICE in two World Cups. I mean, he usually just runs the length of the pitch and then does nothing. But today... today we needed him, and he answered. And boy, am I happy about it.

It's not going to be easy against 5pa1n, regardless of what happened with NED. I hope our defense raises its standards, today they were decent AT BEST. In some instances, even shambolic. Except for GARY FUCKING MEDEL, THE PITBULL. Man, he might not be the tallest footballer. Or the most talented. But the guy has a heart bigger than the Maracaná - and he leave EVERYTHING on the pitch as long as we get the victory. That's why we love him. Fuck yeah, Gary Medel.

VIVA CHILE MIERDA!!

Brasil usually chokes against Mexico, you're not far from it.

I think we've beaten Brazil more than they've beaten us in the past couple of years so there's a chance.. Should be a good game, regardless.

Yeah, I know the stats, but we aren't know because of our consistency.

Besides Brazil did break their 9 years without winning against Mexico past year. (Of course in 2013 we were a completely disaster of epic proportions, we are still recovering if slowly)

Then again Mexico has been the only team that has defeated Brazil in tournaments that otherwise Brazil would have been an undefeated champion. (example: Copa America 2007, Confederation 2005). But that was a long time ago, lol.

At least it's going to be an interesing game.

Dartastic

I asked this question earlier, but I think I maybe phrased it wrong.

I don't have ESPN, or a cable subscription. I know that if you have an Xbox, you can watch games on ESPN 3 on your Xbox. Does anyone know what games are going to be showing on ESPN 3? I'd really like to watch them that way instead of... other ways.

Aspiring

My young boys australia played well and was so devastated at Chilie scoring that third goal. Didn't deserve it and Australia deserved another. Yes I am salty. However we will beat the Dutch!.

Gotta stay positive. Plus at least we are beating Spain in our group!!!

I don't have ESPN, or a cable subscription. I know that if you have an Xbox, you can watch games on ESPN 3 on your Xbox. Does anyone know what games are going to be showing on ESPN 3? I'd really like to watch them that way instead of... other ways.

No.

Univision, antenna and online

Altazor

My young boys australia played well and was so devastated at Chilie scoring that third goal. Didn't deserve it and Australia deserved another. Yes I am salty. However we will beat the Dutch!.

Gotta stay positive. Plus at least we are beating Spain in our group!!!

you did good. I hope you beat 5pa1n (or, at least, manage to get a draw) :D

also, WC avatar get!

Zabojnik

Do you disagree that Buffon is past his prime like Casillas?
Do you disagree Balotelli has not played good football for the past 12 months?
Do you disagree that Italy's offense depends on a good Pirlo day?
Do you disagree Italy might have trouble moving forward, let alone claim the title?

I'm sincerely confident that Italy is not a huge threat. Of course I could be wrong, but I see England in better shape.

I disagree that Buffon is past his prime like Casillias. He is past his prime, but he's nowhere near as bad as Casillias. He wasn't at his (current) best this past Euro, he's fine now. Still ten times the keeper Joe Hart will ever be.

Balotelli has had a difficult season, but he is as much to blame as the other Milan players are. Italy's Balo =/= club's Balo, that much has been proven.

Italy's offense does depend on Pirlo, but he's hardly the only player with the spark. In Verratti we trust.

And of course I don't disagree about Italy being in a very tough group. Didn't you read the spoiler-marked part? In fact, I've been saying for months now that England are going to take three points against Italy. I just don't believe that it'll be because England are a force to be reckoned with this WC, as you seem to think.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Brazil gaf, after what you saw, what is your forec st for the Brazil vs Mexico match?
Mexico usually gives it everything when they play Brazil. They beat Mexico last year in the confederations but Mexico didnt play to well in 2013. Mexico also beat Brazil in 2012 in London.I beleive for their first gold medal. Its 2014 and they're meeting in the world cup now. I beleive its gonna be a good match.Mexico has to be on point defensively.Brazil shouldnt under estimate any team. It should be an interesting match.

I disagree that Buffon is past his prime like Casillias. He is past his prime, but he's nowhere near as bad as Casillias. He wasn't at his (current) best this past Euro, he's fine now. Still ten times the keeper Joe Hart will ever be.

Balotelli has had a difficult season, but he is as much to blame as the other Milan players are. Italy's Balo =/= club's Balo, that much has been proven.

Italy's offense does depend on Pirlo, but he's hardly the only player with the spark. In Verratti we trust.

And of course I don't disagree about Italy being in a very tough group. Didn't you read the spoiler-marked part? In fact, I've been saying for months now that England are going to take three points against Italy. I just don't believe that it'll be because England are a force to be reckoned with this WC, as you seem to think.

this

Strongly-Agree-Yes-Reaction-Gif.gif

except England winning :)

You can check tomorrow or old games, but the games could be tagged as ESPN3

Actually I checked and it *looks* like all the WC stuff is ESPN3

e: just logged out of watchespn and saw the old stuff just fine with no restriction; dont know about live but I don't see why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom