• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Tnecniv

Neo Member
You could just remove the link on the image and leave the link to Flickr underneath it.

14056710218_948bd7c491_o.jpg

14243372595_cd4a9ac14a_o.jpg
For shame, can't believe I did not think of that sooner. Thanks.

As always, great Shadow Warrior pics. Will be reinstalling it soon thanks to them.

It's total garbage. The amount of texture pop-in is unbelievable
Thanks, for some reason though, the pop-in on my end has been very minimal. It's working a lot better than Rage for me before cfg tweaks.

dwells

Those Bioshock Infinite screenshots are absolutely incredible. Some of the outdoor ones truly have Pixar-quality art.

I was incredibly hyped for Infinite (the original Bioshock is one of my favorite games of all time), so much so that I did my own media blackout of it. Unfortunately, I had two very major plot points spoiled for me before I even got the game.

As such, I haven't even played it out of being so disappointed - the story and twist are what the made original so incredible for me. Maybe I'll have to play Infinite just for the art direction alone.

dwells

When I click 'quoted for size' images now, they don't get bigger :( I'm using chrome.

On Chrome, the resize doesn't work unless the entire page has been loaded. For whatever reason, it doesn't matter if the screenshot you're trying to resize is fully loaded; if one at the bottom of the page is still loading, it's a no-go.

Dmax3901

On Chrome, the resize doesn't work unless the entire page has been loaded. For whatever reason, it doesn't matter if the screenshot you're trying to resize is fully loaded; if one at the bottom of the page is still loading, it's a no-go.

It seems you're right, but I don't remember that happening before?

Thorgal

I don't image capture often (rather I am new at it) so I hope I'm not missing anything obvious. Here are some Wolfenstein images. If there are tips anyone has, let me know. This is with 4x MSAA (what i can reliable keep at 60fps. 1920x1200. )

i70Y9X9Src0gW.bmp

i8ZO6LuB6SaTB.bmp

I have a small gallery here

Shots are great .but please use PNG's or uncompressed JPEGS next time instead of BMP's .

Those filesizes are killing people's bandwith .

Levyne

Banned
Shots are great .but please use PNG's or uncompressed JPEGS next time instead of BMP's .

Those filesizes are killing people's bandwith .

Thanks for the heads up. For some reason I thought of bmp and png as pretty much interchangeable.

Edit: Have removed the images.

[*]Limits: 2 screenshots per post. If you have more than 2, make more posts or use thumbnails.
[*]Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts of the same game. Link to an album of your collection.
[*]Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
Might want to read the rules on the first page.

A youtuber that gave impressions of Wolfenstein says the gun models scale incorrectly when the FOV is changed and from some of these pics I'd have to agree.

It looks quite worrying.

Other than that, good to see some decent pics popping up. As the thread is titled 'image quality'. No real point taking pics of UI filled scenes in low res and medium settings.

Levyne

Banned
2 last ones.

ibc8dpt8iBZjVU.png

iCncCnbugP2e9.png

Other than that, good to see some decent pics popping up. As the thread is titled 'image quality'. No real point taking pics of UI filled scenes in low res and medium settings.

Is this referring to me? I apologize if so..I'll try to get better.

I figured the HUD was very minimal. But if it's blemishing the thread Ill take them out.

Is this referring to me? I apologize if so..I'll try to get better.

I figured the HUD was very minimal. But if it's blemishing the thread Ill take them out.

Nah don't mind me. I'm just a cranky nobody.

I just joined this forum for this thread alone and like to look at what quality people can pump out. Sometimes the game doesn't even have the UI toggle option.

I just find it (as elitist at is will sound) against the point of the thread when people post pics with no AA and medium settings more than anything. To me, that's what the individual game thread can be used for. I always thought this thread was crazy levels of quality or look elsewhere. I'm likely wrong, being new myself.

Top Bottom