• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

k9dO8MB.jpg

tI0iTg4.jpg

BONKERS

ik3JD9Ha1Gwx6.png

Finally figured out how to downsample with The Swapper!!!
2014-11-03 00:34:21.304: Detected desktop resolution - 3200 x 1800
2014-11-03 00:34:21.318: Detected desktop resolution - 3200 x 1800
2014-11-03 00:34:21.318: Rebuilding backbuffer FBO - 3200x1800
2014-11-03 00:34:21.336: Reconstructing renderer textures - 3200 x 1800
Weee I am so happy

Original 3200x1800 PNG

Instructions:

Set desired resolution as desktop resolution
restart computer
start up steam
Launch The Swapper
Go into the settings and change the resolution to your desktop resolution (As it will still be at your previous desktop resolution. Mine was 1600x900)
Profit

Seanspeed

Banned
Can you even tell the difference with The Swapper? Cant say I ever noticed the slightest bit of aliasing in that game, especially with how everything had this soft glow to it.

My first attempt at modding Skyrim. Fairly basic mods, no ENB's or alluring females or nuthin, sorry. First pic might look too dark on some people's monitors, but it looks perfect on mine.

BONKERS

Can you even tell the difference with The Swapper? Cant say I ever noticed the slightest bit of aliasing in that game, especially with how everything had this soft glow to it.

My first attempt at modding Skyrim. Fairly basic mods, no ENB's or alluring females or nuthin, sorry. First pic might look too dark on some people's monitors, but it looks perfect on mine.

It makes a huge difference for me. I can see all kinds of aliasing with it at my native resolution. Not only that, it makes IQ a lot nicer too.

Thanx for the info for The Swapper... now that you said it it is kind of obvious, but i still didn't think of that.

I thought setting your desktop resolution would work initially. But it didn't and I was frustrated. I tried restarting with my desired resolution already set as a last resort and i'm glad it worked.

Need For Speed : Hot Pursuit 2010, Downsampled 3200x1800 with x4 SGSSAA + Free Cam hack

iJNGf1Nv51e8c.png

inn4wiBiQQqP2.png

Looks gorgeous but the shots are still 3200x1800. Need to downsample them with bicubic filter in photoshop or something first.

SGSSAA still seems to have issues with this game's post processing. (Mostly just results in a vignette seems like)

BONKERS

Pls Downsample your images before uploading.

Downsampling and taking a screenshot =/= it downsamples the screenshot too.

The game and PC still think it's running at that resolution natively.

Played this on 360 and was angry that it was so short and seemingly unfinished on Xbox Live. Was on sale on Steam and literally only for a few cents so i've bought it again. Game might not be pretty on most accounts but i'm a sucker for realtime water and especially if its interactive in some way.

I apologize in advance as some pics might noot look very good/clean, i'll try to stay on topic!

13102255313_b87f3ff15c_o.jpg

13102409084_4f50fce298_o.jpg

I don't know why the compression is so visible in this pic, i assume it comes from being a video with very fast movement. I thought it would look ok with Nvidia Shadowplay's 50Mbit/s bitrate, but apparently not!

Somewhat off-topic but this seems like the best place to ask: Does setting the resolution ratio to cinemascope in Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons add anything to the picture, as in widen the field of view? Or does it just crop the top and bottom so that you're actually seeing less than in regular 16:9? Seems like the latter, but I wasn't sure if there was some other tweak I needed to do.

Pakoe

Well, it seems that my account has finally been validated!
Hey guys, first post ever here. Let me know if i did something wrong or not, it's always appreciated.
I'll be posting my old pictures first and gradually catch up to where i am now.

12060322233_17cf7b8450_o.jpg

12070155264_25f04e8bca_o.jpg

Top Bottom