• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well, it seems that my account has finally been validated!
Hey guys, first post ever here. Let me know if i did something wrong or not, it's always appreciated.
I'll be posting my old pictures first and gradually catch up to where i am now.

This isn't a rule - just a personal preference, but I generally find it better to not make the images themselves links. Neogaf auto-resizes images and in order to view them full size you've got to click them. So to view them full size, you have to click it and thus - open the link.

If you want to link to a gallery or something, it's generally best to just add the link afterward, not on the image itself.

Pakoe

This isn't a rule - just a personal preference, but I generally find it better to not make the images themselves links. Neogaf auto-resizes images and in order to view them full size you've got to click them. So to view them full size, you have to click it and thus - open the link.

If you want to link to a gallery or something, it's generally best to just add the link afterward, not on the image itself.

Makes sense, will do that from now on. Edited the post as well, thanks.

12016115223_e275198870_o.jpg

12015843415_481de9040c_o.jpg

soontroll

Banned
Just got locked out of my Flickr account and had to make a new one because I forgot the security answer to my yahoo account. Fuck yahoo.

13137845393_5f8927d75d_o.jpg

13137733025_c4326e3219_o.jpg

Is this guys job taking screenshots for game companies?

Cause those would be perfect promotional shots.

Yes and no. He's a journalist (and creates some damn good articles). I know he's also hired on occasion to do screenshots. But a lot of it is just him doing it as a hobby (like ME2, Dark Souls, etc). He actually used to post here on GAF.

Devs\publishers give him access to unlocked builds to do screenshots (Spec Ops The Line, Alan Wake, Tomb Raider, Eve Online) but I think that's just for him to take shots and post on his site so he can do it for fun and they can get exposure. Not sure if any of that is paid work.

GTA is on sale on steam at the moment, i always was curious how it is on pc and what it's like driving around with first person mod. Are you using any mods or know about mods people say are important to install?

13123922633_804ef3031e_o.jpg

13123917573_920e2a2ed8_o.jpg

LuminatX

Neo Member
The first person GTA driving camera isn't that great, considering all the textures are super low res, though I think everyone should try it, cause its fun to mess around with.

Pretty much all my mods are texture mods, enb, cars, and a trainer to spawn cars, change time/weather etc.

Leibniz

Noenigma what do you use to achieve those cameras in AC IV? I'm thinking of resuming my savegame. I dropped it because it turned out to be somewhat boring but screenshoting might revive this game for me. Also great pic from Elders Scroll Online.

Some CLOS 2 screens.

13154529143_c46aef5376_o.jpg

13154709984_db7a53e24e_o.jpg

Noenigma what do you use to achieve those cameras in AC IV? I'm thinking of resuming my savegame. I dropped it because it turned out to be somewhat boring but screenshoting might revive this game for me. Also great pic from Elders Scroll Online.
I had a lot of fun with the game. As I was playing I was dying to get a free camera because there are a lot of moments and scenery I think worth shooting. I also did a free camera for Assassin's Creed 3 but that game is both boring AND bland.

Any good alternatives for taking screenshots?

Fraps and MSI Afterburner isn't working and Steam isn't capturing SweetFX/SMAA effects etc.

Any good alternatives for taking screenshots?

Fraps and MSI Afterburner isn't working and Steam isn't capturing SweetFX/SMAA effects etc.

If you're using SweetFX, why aren't you using SweetFX to capture the screenshots? I use the SweetFX screenshot capture for 99% of the games I play. I only use MSI Afterburner if SweetFX doesn't work for a game, which is very rare.

If you're using SweetFX, why aren't you using SweetFX to capture the screenshots? I use the SweetFX screenshot capture for 99% of the games I play. I only use MSI Afterburner if SweetFX doesn't work for a game, which is very rare.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention SweetFX doesn't work either, sadly :/

The game in question is Metal Gear Rising, and Steam is the only software that manages to grab a screenshot. SweetFX just crashes MGR.

edit: Actually, nothing works with MSI Afterburner. Can't toggle On-Screen Display info nor take screens/video capture.

Top Bottom